test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Aboleth greatsword

lame22334lame22334 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
im tryin to scare this up for my barb...can someone point me in the right direction?

thanks

Comments

• Options
    tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    It was an old spellplague drop if i remember. I m not sure if it still drops.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    Campaign reward of Cloaked Ascendancy.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    i found one i have to restore on a vendor....is there a way to just get one? looking at it i need all this wierd stuff and i got no clue where in heck any of this junk is. im so confused and i want this for the mindblade look with a vorpal effect on it :( i dont want to spend a year farming either.

little help here maybe?
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    lame22334 said:

i found one i have to restore on a vendor....is there a way to just get one? looking at it i need all this wierd stuff and i got no clue where in heck any of this junk is. im so confused and i want this for the mindblade look with a vorpal effect on it :( i dont want to spend a year farming either.

little help here maybe?

Do the Cloaked Ascendancy campaign. That is how all of us got them before. We finished that before the next mod dropped. Hence, it was not a year.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Run the quests. Do the digsites. Run Gyrion's lair until your eyes bleed.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    20 Runs to restore the mainhand. Since you want the Greatsword for the appearance, no need to do the 15 more for the OH.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    Do you have a friend or guild to help you with it? It's way easier to do this in a group, sharing the demi-plane missions. You can follow this guide to help you out with the required materials and ways to get them. I used it to get the Lifeforged Holy Symbol, as the River District weapons are the coolest weapons for Cleric IMO.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    what's the Warlock blade look like?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    ive been running these dig sites theentire day...and i dont think ive had more then like 3 things drop for it. i must be doin something wrong :(
  • Options
    carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    lame22334 said:

ive been running these dig sites theentire day...and i dont think ive had more then like 3 things drop for it. i must be doin something wrong :(

It's not a drop from dig sites. You have to get the following:

- 3000 Abandoned Treasures. This is a campaign currency that you can get from quests as well as dig sites and HEs IIRC.
    - 240 Evidence of Evil. This is the other campaign currency, you get it from daily and weekly quests.

Then you should buy a Corrupted Aboleth Sword from the campaign store. After you buy it, you'll need the following materials to restore it:

- 60 Arcane Magical Writings. These drop from dig sites, HEs and others. They can also be found at the AH.
    - 45 Arcanic Focus. This one comes from quests and are a rare drop from dig sites as well.
    - 20 Tainted Soil. You'll get these ones defeating Gyrion in River District. You can do one of the campaign tasks to get an Aboleth Portal Stone to enter Gyrion's lair. You can also enter with somebody that already have the quest.
    - 30 Volatile Ichor. These come from many places, but you can buy them on AH too.

As you can see, it's not an easy task. If you truly want that sword, I recommend doing it with a friend or guildmate.
  • Options
    thats why i mean..none of that stuff will drop. hell ive done a crypt with a crypt map and set the guy for crypt for the daily...and when i do it and come out.....I get zero credit. As for doing it with a friend...i pretty much have none cause noone in zone chat/useless online community will bother to even reply. :(
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    lame22334 said:

thats why i mean..none of that stuff will drop. hell ive done a crypt with a crypt map and set the guy for crypt for the daily...and when i do it and come out.....I get zero credit. As for doing it with a friend...i pretty much have none cause noone in zone chat/useless online community will bother to even reply. :(

Did you follow the campaign? You probably can't get anything until you did the basic stuff.
    I believe the dug site has a chest to open when you clean it up. If you do not even see the chest, you probably did not pass the basic stuff.
  • Options
    finally after hours of struggling and retrying the same t hing over and over it finally caved in and gave it to me. i have everything save the arcane writings and arcanists focus. I read they are buyable on auction house? but i never see them(or at least i couldnt find em) is that true?
  • Options
    and yes...the campaign is finished.
  • Options
    There are Arcane Magical Writings in the AH. Not seeing any Arcanic Focus listed.
  • Options
    Arcane Magical Writings is cheap in AH too. I wish it was that cheap.
  • Options
    Arcanic Focus are BtC.