test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Full Size Dragons In Runic Domes/Circles?

autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,136 Arc User
Today I was in one of those runic circles/domes and about halfway through a full size dragon landed. I have seen, of course, the smaller dragons there before but never a full size.

So, I am wondering, does anyone know what triggers it to appear? There were a ton of players at that one so I am thinking it maybe based on that?
Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts

Comments

• Options
    isaacorion#1994 isaacorion Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    I've seen the Remorhazes pop up as well.
    Last few times Remorhaz popped up there was some message on screen about "the runic energy has begun to coalesce in the middle." "a runic monstrosity has appeared!" or something similar.
    One remorhaz I can remember spawned with just my Barb and a Fighter in the bubble, so maybe rule out body count?
    Warlock: Don't want to let you down but I am hell bound. - Imagine Dragons
    Cleric: You can be an angel of mercy or give in to hate. - Shinedown
    Wizard: The more the dark consumes me, I pretend I'm burning bright. - Shinedown
    Barbarian: Am I beautiful... as I tear you to pieces? - In This Moment
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    I've seen a giant spider too. It was thought they were part of the puzzle to obtain watcher weapons until suddenly there wasn't a puzzle.

My guess is they were always intended to be part of REs, but their spawning conditions are buggy.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

I've seen a giant spider too. It was thought they were part of the puzzle to obtain watcher weapons until suddenly there wasn't a puzzle.

My guess is they were always intended to be part of REs, but their spawning conditions are buggy.

I did get an epic equipment drop of an item during that round I didn't even know existed in the game. It was a fighter/barbie helmet.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    roadkill#6177 roadkill Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Might have been someone using a Wand of Wonder to produce a Dragon. (However those are illusions and not combatable.)
  • Options
    wamlgon#8772 wamlgon Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    No it's fightable mobs, I've seen more than a few of them, basilik, manticore, just to name a few, never seen them drop anything, but rng has never smiled upon me, they do despawn fast if not engaged.
  • Options
    aerhythia#3255 aerhythia Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    They are rare but since there are only 2 instances of each map I haven't seen any.
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    Yeah, I've seen these a few times. Usually Rjemorhaz or giant spider, but I believe you dragons pop in too.
    Does not seem to be tied to #players present.
    Happened with 3 of us. Happened with >20.
    Moot point, really. Tjey drop slightly better gear, but nothing to get excited about imho.

I view it as a pleasantly suprising distraction from the boring grind for essences... or runes... or whatever this grindy currency is called.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User

Might have been someone using a Wand of Wonder to produce a Dragon. (However those are illusions and not combatable.)

The blue dragon fights the enemies.