test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

XMPP Sunset

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 53 Community Manager
Greetings Adventurers,

As of September 19th, 2019, Neverwinter will no longer be supporting connection to our internal chat system via an XMPP client. While this feature was interesting and often convenient, it also unfortunately makes it easier for gold spammers and others to reach our chat system. Allowing access via an XMPP client also creates several technical challenges that make it difficult to keep our in-game chat safe and smooth. At this time, we don’t have any plans to replace this with a different service.

Please feel free to discuss this change in this thread, and let us know any further questions. We will be updating this thread with any additional notices or clarifications as needed.

Comments

• cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    Does this mean player-made channels are going away?
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    I believe it just means you can't use a third-party chat client (I've used Trillian in the past) to access chat channels.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    Shame, I was hoping it will be more available and not closed. Sunset after sunset...

Though I wonder, with having it require a gold (or whatever) membership in STO / Champions, which costs a couple of hundred USD and limited to private channels and guilds, how gold sellers used this feature..
  • outlawgentoutlawgent Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    awesome! thank you, gold spammers are the WORST! Lololol! ; )
    [๖̶̶̶ۣۣۜۜ͜ζ͜͡Outlaw ™]
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    I think Sto Players might be more upset about this. Going by the thread made by Kael on the sto forums. I don't have livetime sub on CO or Sto so I've never used the feature.