test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do Runes Affect Quality of Boss Rewards for WE and FE?

And if so, do # of runes affect quality of boss reward?

Comments

• Options
    paranoidgnome#3255 paranoidgnome Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Guessing not, did both with 1 rune, got a purple and a green.
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I did them with 1 rune and got a green and a blue, so no they do not affect. And it did it on another character and got a purple and a blue with no runes.
  • Options
    bayaz#7892 bayaz Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    I have run 16 WE today (with a friend) all with one rune and we got 1 purple and the rest was 50:50 blue/green with 3 or 4 WEs not giving any comp. equipment.

I think we will try to run half a dozen with 3 runes on friday.

The purple drop was with another friend in the team, all the rest was with 2 players.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
  • Options
    b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    WE and ME work the same as they always have. The rune or amount of runes does nothing to increase or decrease the drop rate or reward given.
    In fact all a rune does is allows you to loot the end chest.
    Now the end chest will always given you a runic ething item which can be given to zok for a chest of the adventures.
    This means you can now obtain 5 runic ethings = 5 chest of the adventures per day.
    I would suggest using at least 1 rune each WE and ME that you run because of the chest of the adventures and the new 1K gear with in.
    Again however running WE and ME solo or in a party or with a rune or 3 runes or no runes added does not increase or decrease what can or can not drop from any boss with in.
  • Options
    w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    b4t1b4t said:

Again however running WE and ME solo or in a party or with a rune or 3 runes or no runes added does not increase or decrease what can or can not drop from any boss with in.

Except the boss gear seems to be shared with the whole party, not like the loot in MEs. Which means pugging is once again dangeorus, as people will swap the loot mode to "party leader decides" and take the loot for themselves.
  • Options
    b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    This is true which I should have stated in my post.
    If you do pug them then yes the loot from the WE are rolled against instead of looted like normal ME.
    I feel this is a bug and feel that it may get fixed but ya I would suggest to any one to run them solo to avoid this issue.