test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Barbarian damage bonuses bugged

dantheman#3862 dantheman Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited August 2019 in Bug Reports (PC)
Bug: Damage bonuses from trample the fallen, raging strikes, and battlerage buff are being combined additively as if they were combat advantage/crit severity instead of being multiplicative buffs.

Relentless slash is working properly and giving 5% bonus damage.

This was all tested on xbox using a wooden test weapon on the stronghold dummies and by removing anything from my character that would cause variations in damage numbers. I used my pet to provide CA.

Basically the same bugs that the fighter currently has.

Comments

• Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Worth noting that the following are calculated correctly:

-Overpenetration (not bothering to check how it works, I found it was a true 10% buff when using a level 10 ArmorPen boon vs dummies in PE)
    -Relentless Slash's buff
    -Battle Fury's self buff (only checked self buff, didn't check the teammate damage buff).

• Options
    stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    Damn, good work guys. hope they fix this, might be huge help. On a 100 weapon, the swing from a supposed 110+ to 103+ seems significant.
  • Options
    bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Wow, eye opener, very well put together. Lets hope nitocris83, asterdahl and @mimicking#6533 pay attention to this post, this is quite significant.
  • Options
    cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    this comes down incompetence and if this is where the game reached in terms of balancing a class whats to say if any proper check were done overall class mechanics
  • Options
    raziel2004#7353 raziel2004 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Wow..such wow.. and btw if all this fixed can all 3 classes finally onpar with cw,tr n hr?
  • Options
    docsc00terdocsc00ter Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    Thank you for your thoroughness in testing these. Since this affects an entire class -- and one that has been significantly underperforming as DPS since Mod16 changes -- I hope the Devs make correcting this a priority. (Actually, I hope the Devs pay attention to the Barbarian class in general, and that they take seriously our concerns about regaining viability as a competitive DPS choice for groups, especially in the newest content.)
  • Options
    @Barbie
    if the damage on a 100 weapon went down from 110 to 103, then the change is more drastic that 2-3%. Between the tests shown, I'd say 5-7%.
  • Options
    siggstarsiggstar Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    This is bad. Bad for the entire game. As it looks Barbies and Fighters lose about 5-7% dmg. Unfortunately fixing this will not bring them on par with the top dps but it's a step in the right direction.
    Halvulv the Barbie
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    This may help boost the damage a bit for the Barbarian. Nice to see that this can add to the overall damage a barbarian produces. Imagine having this fixed and a slight boost to your speed at the start of combat that doesn't use stamina. I would ask for both of those with a patch prior to mod 18 hitting preview.
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    stark760 said:

Between the tests shown, I'd say 5-7%.

7% looks about right from what I remember was best on Barbie (times may have changed though).

The DPS "gain" from these bugfixes would depend on your uptime on these bugged buffs, Crit Severity, uptime on CA, and effective CA Bonus (ie, your CA Bonus after enemy Awareness). I'm not really in the loop on what the best Barbarian playstyle is (ie, how often are you getting rage, do players let it fill up to max for the maximum bonus on Raging Strikes, etc), or what the average Crit Severity/CA for a Barbarian would be nowadays.

I'd estimate the DPS increase from these bugs getting fixed would be something like:

For example, say you have a Crit Severity of ~90% before Rage, have ~75% effective CA Bonus, use Barbed Strikes (+25% Crit Sev), use Relentless Battlerage with 3/4th uptime on Rage (need to factor in the passive with +10% Crit Sev while in Rage), and have 100% uptime on Trample's 5% buff (not sure about the 10% buff on bosses, since idk if slow counts for purposes of Trample).

Your DPS increase from the fixed self buffs would look like:

(1+((0.9+0.075+0.25)*0.5)+0.75)*(1.075*1.05)/(1+((0.9+0.075+0.25)*0.5)+0.75+0.075+0.05)= 1.07202

You guys can play around with the formula if you want to be greedy and assume different aspects about the buffs.

(Pretty sure I screwed the DPS increase formula for when I tried Goofy Fighter by forgetting to multiply Crit Severity by 50%, but not like it matters too much when the difference of being 55% to 52% of the best wizards is still being sentenced to the bench)

• Options
    reeper#9973 reeper Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    Trample of the Fallen 2nd part does not work on bosses right? They are control immune, so the 10% buff only works on mobs?
  • Options
    bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Not all bosses are immune to all types of control, but generally as barbarians the control methods we have most often will not work on bosses. I do sure hope cryptic does take a good look at this and let us know they are working to correct the problem.
  • Options
    bitcrusher#9275 bitcrusher Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    K m8s, curious about what happens now and when it will happen...:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1250930/pc-bugged-self-buffs-on-the-asterdahl-classes

2 TO: Thanks so much for the math and documentation, even if its way around then i (EDIT: we) thought ;)
  • Options
    Any updates on this, or still as it was when thread started?
  • Options
    siggstarsiggstar Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    > @stark760 said:
    > Any updates on this, or still as it was when thread started?

Nothing changed yet.
    Halvulv the Barbie