test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Queues like Illusionist's Gambit need to be rebalanced.

huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 12 Arc User
M16 completely messed up a lot of queues and skirmishes for characters below 70. Skirmishes like Illusionist's Gambit used to be balanced by the level of the queue, but at the moment if you are getting a 60 queue for it, or lower, you might as well just die and wait for everyone else to die (which doesn't take long) and leave.

Straight to Helm is another that is a complete mess for those at level to do. As are several others (can't think of the names).

While the newer challenge to queues at 70 is fun, it isn't balanced at all for lower levels.

Comments

• Options
    fyrstigorfyrstigor Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    I would expect most lower levels to not care about stats, or balancing them. Why would they, new gear is dropping all the time being slightly better on itemlvl so they swap all the time. But something like IG gets the random que completion even on a fail. So it doesnt matter if they can complete it or not. And the dungeons they will be matched with players from RLQ to carry them.
  • Options
    huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    fyrstigor said:

I would expect most lower levels to not care about stats, or balancing them.

They care when they can't do content they could before.

• Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    fyrstigor said:

I would expect most lower levels to not care about stats, or balancing them. Why would they, new gear is dropping all the time being slightly better on itemlvl so they swap all the time. But something like IG gets the random que completion even on a fail. So it doesnt matter if they can complete it or not. And the dungeons they will be matched with players from RLQ to carry them.

I was leveling a new toon (cleric) and tried IG post-mod 16 release.

On every attempt, all the other players would just run to the side, wait to die and then get MAD if I tried to survive. I was wasting their time, apparently, by trying to play the game. I stopped after the 3rd try with the same result.
  • Options
    lordnagy#1603 lordnagy Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    > @kemnimtarkas said:
    > I would expect most lower levels to not care about stats, or balancing them. Why would they, new gear is dropping all the time being slightly better on itemlvl so they swap all the time. But something like IG gets the random que completion even on a fail. So it doesnt matter if they can complete it or not. And the dungeons they will be matched with players from RLQ to carry them.
    >
    > I was leveling a new toon (cleric) and tried IG post-mod 16 release.
    >
    > On every attempt, all the other players would just run to the side, wait to die and then get MAD if I tried to survive. I was wasting their time, apparently, by trying to play the game. I stopped after the 3rd try with the same result.

And then you STILL got a reward for failing...which was the point your party was trying to make. There is ZERO reason to go for anything but...enter, die, collect reward, leave.

The instance provides no interesting reward now that mod 16 is out. Now if they were to change the loot tables to include high level gear/enchanting stones for gold...
  • Options
    rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User

fyrstigor said:

I was leveling a new toon (cleric) and tried IG post-mod 16 release.

On every attempt, all the other players would just run to the side, wait to die and then get MAD if I tried to survive. I was wasting their time, apparently, by trying to play the game. I stopped after the 3rd try with the same result.
    :/ Don't tell me you are one of those wastes everyone's time and votes for gold...

Before lvl 70 you can't nor could ever get companion gear from it, so trying to do it was and is just a waste of time (even more now with mod 16 and soon to come mod 17 companion gear, rewwards aren't just good enough)...

Go in, die, get xp/random q ad, and if you are looking for xp ... repeat. It has been like that for a few mods and they know it (thats why the xp you get from it was nerfed).

You would be surprised that a couple of players don't like that skirmish very much.. Now if you wanna play it, make a party and q for it, its simple.

• Options
    kstubble#4883 kstubble Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    agree that the skirmish needs to not be in the leveling queue or needs to be fixed. running it to just get the credit anyway should never be the goal of a dungeon or skirmish and i am annoyed every time it pops when i am leveling a toon.

last i looked, it was not even listed in the random leveling queue

agree the incentive/reward for the gambit is a joke as is most random queue dungeons/skirmishes/trials

the issue with gambit is just one of many many many issues with random queue content. including but not limited to tons of bugs, mechanics just too hard for randoms or they keep just failing due to inadequate player stats for the content. as a tank i should never top dps charts, especially in a raq