test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game overall progress and development

miaghi#4899 miaghi Member Posts: 9 Arc User
Dear Neverwinter developers!
I'm a veteran Neverwinter player and there are some things in the game that doesn't yet make sense to me and so i am coming here, through the forum post, to communicate with you guys from the development team and see what I can get cleared.
Every update - or Mod - the game adds content and gives a step forward in numeric terms (equipment level grows, bonus stats are increased and so on and so forth, among other aesthetic things and others). Every new mod, what would make players spend hours upon hours and countless effort to conquer and acquire becomes, literally from one day to another, obsolete.
This goes for artifact weapons and artifact gear and, moreover, since this new mod, the mod 16, over 95% of the artifacts got, once again, obsolete - after all no serious player will consider investing in an Artifact to a Mythic level knowing it only reaches 150 gear score, with its corresponding stats (rather, just for a change, he'll seek the brand new artifacts which grant a 300 gear score, double the number, from the new content).
That being said, the game changes features to make them unique but, however, to the detriment of other features:
in Mod 15, there was no use in most of the powers because of the blatant bonus Hidden Daggers and Daring Shout would give, just to give one example. This same goes to Weapon Master Strike at-will, which would make Barbarians (then Great Weapon Fighters) Class users to go pretty linear, given the lack of practical useful options.
As you can tell I'm a main barbarian user but the 'issue' extends to all other classes with me not being the only one addressing these questions. In this Mod, once again, things didn't change for the best either: a player has to pick between 10 features (making only 5 active) being that there are more than 5 At-Wills, Encounters and Daily powers to pick as a whole. If, let's say, there were, 2 At-Will powers, 2 Encounter Powers and 1 Daily power per class in this game, that Feature mechanic would make absolute sense since it would give the player a full range of options in his "deck" of Class abilities. Now if some at-will, encounter or Daily power isn't in the features it is virtually, in a popular language, just "useless".
Given this, I would like to know if there's some schedule, some upcoming change or then, otherwise, any logic behind that, because this contradicts every piece of reason and common sense in the MMORPG universe and moreover any piece of logic in the entrepreneurship world.
Thank you, have a good day/evening/noon and looking forward to your reply.
Miaghi

Answers

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

Given this, I would like to know if there's some schedule, some upcoming change or then, otherwise, any logic behind that, because this contradicts every piece of reason and common sense in the MMORPG universe and moreover any piece of logic in the entrepreneurship world.

Logic? Well, there is certain logic behind some of the actions that have been made, and in some ways they have been successful - for example, in PvE the classes are more balanced than they have been in a long time.

However, certain recent decisions make absolutely no sense at all, unless the goal is to make players play less and spend less money. That's just not logical.

So, no, logic is in short supply.

Hoping for improvements...
  • miaghi#4899 miaghi Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Logic? Well, there is certain logic behind some of the actions that have been made, and in some ways they have been successful - for example, in PvE the classes are more balanced than they have been in a long time.

However, certain recent decisions make absolutely no sense at all, unless the goal is to make players play less and spend less money. That's just not logical.

So, no, logic is in short supply.

I share this same opinion I'm afraid. I should've put "to devs" in the title tho, because they are the target for my question. But thanks for your reply mate ;) take it easy
  • guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    Its actually very logical if you want to shut down this game... keep the people leaving by themselves... no VIP refunds applicable or lawsuits... >:)