test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

summer festival

fight#5797 fight Member Posts: 80 Arc User
edited July 2019 in General Discussion (PC)
how come no matter where i look it says it is only for lvl 40 and above ?
untill you try to travel there you have no idea that it is for lvl 40+

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    It won't even let you in? That's odd. If it's just like last summer's event, there are at least two activities where levels are irrelevant since there's no combat - chasing farm animals and chucking water balloons.
  • Options
    phoeniraphoenira Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    It doesn't let you in. I have characters from last year with the stuff from summer festival (some tomatoes, ...) still in their inventory, but they cannot go into the map anymore as they are not level 40 yet. It does stand in the event description ingame from the calendar that it is for players level 40 or higher.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    It does not let you mass farm for freebie using your alt fleet easily anymore.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

Yeah, now that people are tired of farming it anyway. Not much of a solution if the players already decided the event wasn't worth the time.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    no it's very irritating. I spent like four hours levelling up a toon to 40 yesterday. they've also removed most of the easy ways to level toon easily. they are really doing everything they can think of to alienate their player base. yesterday was not fun or meaningful. this used to be one of my favorite events but they're really making it no so much anymore when I first started playing I was on and off again. the summer event is what hooked me. none of my toons would have been high enough ranking to be here now where I was then.. the low level toons is who this event needs to be for now after years of no changes.. but they've made it so those very people can't be here. I think it's poorly thought out as are most of the recent decisions this team has made.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    edited July 2019

Yeah, now that people are tired of farming it anyway. Not much of a solution if the players already decided the event wasn't worth the time.
    It is simple and does not need you to anything about the event at all. Your alt needs to park somewhere regardless. If you do login and do invocation, talk to the lady to get freebie is not much of effort. The bad part is it is level 40 and that chops the XP bonus. :(
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

It is simple and does not need you to anything about the event at all. Your alt needs to park somewhere regardless. If you do login and do invocation, talk to the lady to get freebie is not much of effort. The bad part is it is level 40 and that chops the XP bonus. :(

Yeah if you only want to turn in that one daily quest you can park in front and complete it super quick. If you want to make a sahha ball then more interaction is involved. if you want to run the other quests for more petals, etc even more effort is required. My statement wasn't whether it was super easy or quick.

My point was, even with one super fast quest, who cares. You get the coin to get the mount from that quest and some other items. If youve done the event already you probably have the mount. What value is there in going back for long term players that have all the mounts, have sorbet stocked up for years, etc.
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

My point was, even with one super fast quest, who cares. You get the coin to get the mount from that quest and some other items. If youve done the event already you probably have the mount. What value is there in going back for long term players that have all the mounts, have sorbet stocked up for years, etc.
    Quoted for truth.

Same old stuff year on year? Really a purple mount for 100% attendance daily...

New /different/amusing/funny rewards please?

Or even just half decent refining stuff.

How many people would prefer a single Coalescent Ward over a Purple mount, for example
  • Options
    flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User

Quoted for truth.

Same old stuff year on year? Really a purple mount for 100% attendance daily...

New /different/amusing/funny rewards please?

Or even just half decent refining stuff.

How many people would prefer a single Coalescent Ward over a Purple mount, for example
    regular wards are available in this event . . . hint

ticket ball