test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter slowing down purchases on auction house due to not being able to inspect items

wax#3923 wax Member Posts: 118 Arc User
You guys are slowing down purchases on the auction house due to the fact you can't fully inspect the items mounts you cant inspect companions you cant inspect this is slowing down purchases on the auction house and your guys's Wikipedia isn't up to date nor is a lot of the information just up-to-date so you can't search up things you guys need to fix it to where we can actually inspect the items fully on the auction house companions mounts lock boxes hey you guys really need to fix this cuz you're slowing down a lot of purchases cuz people don't know what they're getting themselves into

Comments

• Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Are you comparing a fictional "store" in a game to an actual retail experience where real world laws would apply.

There is no law for the auction house.
  • Options
    juan#5043 juan Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Seriously ?, millions of online players, selling items at once, and you want to see them all ?, better let it run .....
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    If your price is worst then the price of the two other sellers, then no one wants to see your item.

And really? You looked up law online for it? You should have spent that time considering what would happen if the AH query returns unbounded number of results.
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User

Writing this in regards 2 people posting items multiple times on the auction house pushing out other peoples items from being able to be seen they're ripping people off and I can go into details with it later if you want but I've been looking up online and there's a law basically a bunch of laws for this call geo-blocking this protects the seller and purchaser and there's multiple different laws in there but the biggest one is is online items and being able to see all of those items being sold or only part of them I'm feeling this out because I filled out a ticket on it they're going to tell me to write it on the forms the easy fix for this is make it to where we can see all the items that are being posted on the auction house when we look up a certain category and not just a cap of 400 please and thank you

Are you by any chance talking about preservation wards?
    If so, just sell them cheaper than the next guy...
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    @shawn#5089 The old gateway webpage had a much better version of the auction house. But they shut the gateway down a long while ago. Currently there is no way for another player to "block" your sales. I am not on console, this is a PC example only. If you put 99 chests of awesome sauce on the AH at 99,000 AD, then I pop online and place my 100 chests of awesome sauce at 9,900 in lots of 10, my price is just lower and yes it will take up the first page. But it is up to the players to separate lots to make competitive sales. It is also a player's choice to look for a bulk sale or the best bid. @juan#5043 there are not millions of players on all the Cryptic games combined, let's at least keep it real. :lol:
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    poisd2strike#7598 poisd2strike Member Posts: 77 Arc User

@shawn#5089 The old gateway webpage had a much better version of the auction house. But they shut the gateway down a long while ago. Currently there is no way for another player to "block" your sales. I am not on console, this is a PC example only. If you put 99 chests of awesome sauce on the AH at 99,000 AD, then I pop online and place my 100 chests of awesome sauce at 9,900 in lots of 10, my price is just lower and yes it will take up the first page. But it is up to the players to separate lots to make competitive sales. It is also a player's choice to look for a bulk sale or the best bid. @juan#5043 there are not millions of players on all the Cryptic games combined, let's at least keep it real. :lol:

I play NW on XBox and have been playing since September 2018. I know exactly who the OP is talking about. Based upon what this individual generally sells and the quantities involved, I seriously doubt he even plays the game. It is most likely a commercial account that sells AD for real-money. Of course, I have no way of proving that and will not name him directly since that would likely violate the forum rules. Anyone who plays on Xbox and has ever purchased Preservation Wards (for example) knows exactly who the person in question is. I have seen him post 400 individual Preservation Wards, with no buyout, and a starting bid that most reasonable people would agree is not a good deal. I will not buy from him, on principle, even if he happens to have the lowest price. He is obviously attempting to monopolize certain markets.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    people who post HAMSTER like this pretty clearly don't understand auctions, or economics.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    not much else to add per se, but there are weird people out there, people who you think are bots and ad sellers and literally are not, people who have spent 20k on this game or more .. (like what the what!!! ... ) is my only response to that.

of around 4-5 years of play, I spent.. probably way too much (a few hundred) probably averages out to a sub in the end.. that is sort of reasonable I guess (sort of) but i cant even imagine those people who can drop coin like that .. either they A. need to go to rehab or b.. actually can afford that sort of nonsense.. kudos to them I guess. I usual paid for VIP at 6 months at a time during sales and on occasion when they had some ridiculous sales buy all the character slots and also some (back then) account wide packs.. Since they stopped offering those, the less I found a reason to buy anything, I bought a couple of account wide horses for insignia reasons.. but I refused to buy those stupid 1 charterer packs.. screw them.. so last purchase for me was last November for 6 months of vip.. as soon as i tested mod 16.. I didn't give them another dime and if I ever came back, because how they made some purchases like tigers and jimbobby useless completely .. I would never give them another dime.. but I probably wont be coming back..so doesnt matter.

Of course there are other types of players, who are a bit more nefarious as well.
  • Options
    juan#5043 juan Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    sandukutupu said:

Sometimes I exaggerate ..... but just a little lol
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    why would you ever want 1 pres ward? also this is the xbox forum so I'm going to answer this from an xbox perspective. why wouldn't you buy your own off the zen market instead of buying from the ah anyway? I never buy preswards always more expensive. get a 2o percent off everything or 15% off cupon from invoke. buy 85 zen for currently 39k and boom cheaper than anything on ah. if you are complaining because you're trying to sell.. and people aren't finding your single offerings.. then you need to sell cheaper. it's an open market. I am finding offerings of 5 or 10 inthe listings on ah. I don't know why you'd ever want less than 5.