test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What -- normal bears weren't enough? Now they all have to be racecar bears that run us over?

hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
edited July 2019 in Player Feedback (PC)
What the HELL? Is this the new sadistic design philosophy at Cryptic? Every critter gets a knockdown, knockback, or stun, no matter how absurd? What's next -- getting thrown fifty feet by skeleton archers?

Knock it off. I've had it up to here with this cheap garbage.
Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured

Comments

• Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    Awww... somebody looses their juice when the bears with the big caboose get loose.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I don't think I've seen a single one of the touted mod 16 mob changes that wasn't a cheap CC mechanic lifted from some other mob.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    fyrstigorfyrstigor Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    Where are these racecar bears ? I would love to see them, any of the bears i have encountered myself was just normal ones :(

More mobs with CC = more healing from insignia bonus. I love it, so much easier to survive solo that way.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    fyrstigor said:

Where are these racecar bears ? I would love to see them, any of the bears i have encountered myself was just normal ones :(

More mobs with CC = more healing from insignia bonus. I love it, so much easier to survive solo that way.

Easy -- go to Chult. All the bears are like this.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    hustin1 said:

fyrstigor said:

Easy -- go to Chult. All the bears are like this.
    There are hardly any bears in Chult. I can only think of one spawn point offhand, though there may be others.

Anyway, what's with this topic? Mobs without any CC are basically punching bags, and almost all CC is highly telegraphed and easily avoidable.

Some critters may still use their abilities a little too frequently, but overall this is at worst an annoyance while playing characters that kill slowly due to class/path combo and gear. It's hardly game-breaking or super frustrating.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH