test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

POWER is everything!

jantogsf#0997 jantogsf Member Posts: 121 Arc User
After a few weeks of playing Undermountain, I am concluding that power first is everything!

"Max out your offensive stats before stacking power." Nonsense! Stack power first.

"Get combat advantage to 118k first." HAMSTER Hogwash! Get more power!

Enchants:. All radiant = more power. Companion enchants: all Empowered = more power!

The truth is: Power is everything. (OK, you also need ebonized rings and related flat damage items.)

All Dpses should aim for 200k power without potions or food. OK maybe with potions. Stack that power! You will thank me later...

(Of course once everyone gets to 200k+ power then we march on to 250k.)

Finally, get that power.

Comments

• Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    This seems to be trending as actually true which means this new system really comes down to one stat which makes the game even less varied than MOD15 with all the buffs. Once this catches on the game will be pretty much one dimensional which was what some us suspected from the start due to wanting to simplify the game for another medium like Switch. Sigh...
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    That may work with with mod 16; I'm sure next mod we will be seeking more critical, armor pen and accuracy.
  • Options

That may work with with mod 16; I'm sure next mod we will be seeking more critical, armor pen and accuracy.

I agree. Mod 17 will probably get us back to something close to Mod 15. However, for now: STACK POWER!

• Options

This seems to be trending as actually true which means this new system really comes down to one stat which makes the game even less varied than MOD15 with all the buffs. Once this catches on the game will be pretty much one dimensional which was what some us suspected from the start due to wanting to simplify the game for another medium like Switch. Sigh...

I know; quite the paradox: in the quest to make the classes more heterogeneous Mod 16 did the opposite.

I would stay and chat, but I am grinding gems to refine my radiants for MORE POWER!
  • Options
    darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    Mod 17 on test server now, need stats of 80k for armor pen and so forth. There goes that power stacking
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    "more power" is just wrong. Use the DPS calculator...you will see thst if your ArPen is under cap, it is better to increase that than to increase Power.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options

I agree. Mod 17 will probably get us back to something close to Mod 15. However, for now: STACK POWER!

I disagree with stacking power. I ran with a group of players all 200K power vs. my 145K power. We ran LoMM, T9, MSPC, FBI, eToS, eLoL, Shores, Kessells, and GWD.

Those DPS did well only in LoMM and ok in T9 because after those two dungeons scaling hurt those players damage really bad. I have gear that focuses on a armor pen, crit, and enchantments as well doing the same so when I run level 70 content my stats don't get gimp.

One of the players also a wizard using the same ability was doing much less damage than I was on the same target using the same ability in lower content. I do believe that power is important and 100K is needed for a damage dealer but other stats matter as well.
  • Options

Mod 17 on test server now, need stats of 80k for armor pen and so forth. There goes that power stacking

I have those on my tank and healer and both have 80k armor pen, crit and accuracy all using radiants. Though both play mainly support so I am using the highest rated gear I can equip on them.
  • Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    I'm keeping my AP as 70K on most my mains now on PS4 but can easily raise it by design if I have to
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    > @mebengalsfan#9264 said:
    > That may work with with mod 16; I'm sure next mod we will be seeking more critical, armor pen and accuracy.
    >
    > I agree. Mod 17 will probably get us back to something close to Mod 15. However, for now: STACK POWER!
    >
    >
    >
    > I disagree with stacking power. I ran with a group of players all 200K power vs. my 145K power. We ran LoMM, T9, MSPC, FBI, eToS, eLoL, Shores, Kessells, and GWD.
    >
    > Those DPS did well only in LoMM and ok in T9 because after those two dungeons scaling hurt those players damage really bad. I have gear that focuses on a armor pen, crit, and enchantments as well doing the same so when I run level 70 content my stats don't get gimp.
    >
    > One of the players also a wizard using the same ability was doing much less damage than I was on the same target using the same ability in lower content. I do believe that power is important and 100K is needed for a damage dealer but other stats matter as well.

You make a compelling argument.. but I am still stacking power!!!!
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Reinhardt, is that you?

• Options
    kungskabb#9290 kungskabb Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    So, what is the most important stat then?
  • Options
    joe7777joe7777 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    For DPS all offensive stats are important. Hit the cap with all but Power then dump into Power since Power has no cap.
  • Options
    joe7777 said:

For DPS all offensive stats are important. Hit the cap with all but Power then dump into Power since Power has no cap.

Power should have a hard cap, 100K. :)
  • Options
    joe7777 said:

HAMSTER! Stack power. Get that baby to 150K :)
  • Options

joe7777 said:

All you need is 100K, anything else is just icing on the cake. I beaten LoMM with a few groups now most had around 100-105K power; took roughly 40 minutes per a run. With groups of 150-200K power runs are about 40% quicker sometimes, not always.

• Options

joe7777 said:

All you need is 100K, anything else is just icing on the cake. I beaten LoMM with a few groups now most had around 100-105K power; took roughly 40 minutes per a run. With groups of 150-200K power runs are about 40% quicker sometimes, not always.

Do you play on PS4? Absent guildies, it is difficult to get in a LOMM group with under 150K power (at least based on what I observe in Yawning Portal)
  • Options

joe7777 said:

Do you play on PS4? Absent guildies, it is difficult to get in a LOMM group with under 150K power (at least based on what I observe in Yawning Portal)
    I don't like PUG groups when I play my alts do to lower stats so I stick to my alliance. My wizard gets into groups and I hear he don't have 150K power a lot and yet I'm usually top DPS because I don't die. Dying reduces your damage significantly.

Having 200K power does not equal good damage if you don't know or have a solid rotation, proper feats for that rotation, and avoid trying to max damage through CA, etc matter more than power. I've seen to many players boast about their power only to see them produce ok damage and typically those players are not able to kill the mimics.

The sad part of all of this is LoMM is easier on console than when it first launched on PC.

150K power is not needed in LoMM, just 100K. The difference if you get a skilled group that has 150K vs. 100K the 150K+ power group can finish LoMM on average in 30 minutes vs. 45 minutes. Cost to go from 100K to 150K+ is pretty steep, not sure if its worth it for the average player.

• Options

joe7777 said:

I don't like PUG groups when I play my alts do to lower stats so I stick to my alliance. My wizard gets into groups and I hear he don't have 150K power a lot and yet I'm usually top DPS because I don't die. Dying reduces your damage significantly.

Having 200K power does not equal good damage if you don't know or have a solid rotation, proper feats for that rotation, and avoid trying to max damage through CA, etc matter more than power. I've seen to many players boast about their power only to see them produce ok damage and typically those players are not able to kill the mimics.

The sad part of all of this is LoMM is easier on console than when it first launched on PC.

150K power is not needed in LoMM, just 100K. The difference if you get a skilled group that has 150K vs. 100K the 150K+ power group can finish LoMM on average in 30 minutes vs. 45 minutes. Cost to go from 100K to 150K+ is pretty steep, not sure if its worth it for the average player.

You may be onto something. Ran LOMM with two DPSes with 150K+ power and one of them did twice the damage that I did. Ouch! Rotations are indeed important, among other things. (And not getting stunned every 60 seconds.)
  • Options
    exact0khan#1334 exact0khan Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    I run 165k power. Capped on all other stats, seems to be fine for me. Pushing more power drops my dps if I sacrifice CA, so stacking power is ok if you don't care about anything other then LoMM or having top tier CA.
  • Options
    b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    I will say in this mod power is king but ignoring other stats is completely wrong.
    if you do not cap armor pen or accuracy then that power that you have stacked up may not even hit or dmg anything.
    Each stat is needed to up ones over all dps.
    In fact if one capped all offensive stats even 118K combat advantage you would do more dps even if you had low amount of power.
    For me I have 170K power but all my other stats outside of combat advantage is capped.
    So my real advice is to not ignore the other stats.
  • Options
    garra#9250 garra Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I am in the camp of balanced offensive stats for dps first and then stacking power.

I had all offensive stats (aside for Power) at 68k, and combat advantage at 118k BUT accuracy I was struggling with, and it was under 60k. Power was about 170k

I took some r15 radiants off and switched for whichever gives accuracy (silvery I believe) and I noticed my dps increased very well. Its rare in this game that a few stat changes make noticeable impacts imo - this was noticeable.

Its simple to test for anyone to see for themselves, but it seems obvious to me that you have to balance your stats first before throwing rest into power.
  • Options
    b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    I run black ice because it helps to cap 2 stats plus it provides power.
  • Options
    b4t1b4t said:

I will say in this mod power is king but ignoring other stats is completely wrong.
    if you do not cap armor pen or accuracy then that power that you have stacked up may not even hit or dmg anything.
    Each stat is needed to up ones over all dps.
    In fact if one capped all offensive stats even 118K combat advantage you would do more dps even if you had low amount of power.
    For me I have 170K power but all my other stats outside of combat advantage is capped.
    So my real advice is to not ignore the other stats.

Got a group together to run LoMM and all dungeons lower down to Castle Malaborg.

I have 85K armor pen, critical strike and accuracy with 143K power. The other 2 DPS had just above 68K in those stats, 175+K power. All wizards as dps.

LoMM - I was 3rd but not by much.

All content that was scaled I more than doubled their damage.

Power is good and all but if you run anything other than LoMM you better have higher stats to deal with scaling.