test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Admin Chat Channel

ddbb11ddbb11 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
Personally I think there needs to be a change of colour between and maybe bold system notifications on the Admin channel and the Lockbox spiel, when servers are going down or being bounced that's something I need to know, but when its tangled in with other messages about lockboxes it's hard to see and almost ignored.

I get that the lockbox notifications are a great advertisement, but they really should be distinguished from important information.

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User

Yes and it should be spammed about 2 to 3 times as much and in BRIGHT NEON COLOR

No. Once is more than enough for lockbox announcements.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    How about...... the lockbox award gets taken OUT of the Admin channel?

You know.. something the community has been asking for for YEARS!!!
  • Options
    ddbb11ddbb11 Member Posts: 11 Arc User

How about...... the lockbox award gets taken OUT of the Admin channel?

You know.. something the community has been asking for for YEARS!!!

I think this is because of the issue I raised of it being an important advertisement for the boxes, maybe out the admin channel and in to an announcements channel but it will never be removed.
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    We've got the Admin announcements appearing in the regular Chat window and duplicated AND in the Normal Notifications tab of the Head's Up Display...

I have repeatedly suggested, cajoled and asked the Powers That Be to remove those annoying Admin lockbox Notifications from the Chat window and leave them on the HUD... at least there players can reposition the notices to a less annoying aspect of the screen.

I know Cryptic wants to believe just because players see (ONLY) the good items people pull out of lockboxes, everyone's going run out and spend a HAMSTER-ton of money on buying lockbox keys...

Well some might... but for me it has just the opposite effect because I don't want to be part of the problem annoying so many Neverwinter players.

Just sayin'
    DD~
  • Options
    thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    At this point, I'm blind to any and all admin messages - my brain filters them out automatically as spam. Having the admin messages actually used for only relavent information would be a good QoL change.
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    thestia said:

At this point, I'm blind to any and all admin messages - my brain filters them out automatically as spam. Having the admin messages actually used for only relavent information would be a good QoL change.

I'm pretty much there myself...

But then it is rather inconvenient when I've ignored a real Admin message, like the game will be shutting down in 3- 2- 1... and I get caught having almost - but not completely concluding something.
    DD~