test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Removal of life steal...

notrustyou#2934 notrustyou Member Posts: 25 Arc User
This coupled with my companion healer not healing during combat PLUS an increase in healing potion cooldown timer aaaaaand healing potion with less effect sucks!

I'm an unfortunate rogue who relied on life steal and my companion to keep up my hp. I almost never died and very rarely needed my potions... Now I've died more times in 3 hours than i have ever. They want us to waste points on useless boons for potion enhancement. It's because of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like this i stopped playing other MMOs.

We just quit Lostmauth with a 20k, 19.8k, 15k, 17.2k and 16.8k. Everyone was dying, played valindra's tower, same, demogorgon timed out and failed. There's some serious re-working needing to be done. Funny enough i haven't had much of a problem with undermountain (yet), but these queues are bad. I'm all for a challenge, but this is absurd.

Comments

• Options
    b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    My two cents is that I am glad lifesteal was removed. At first I did not enjoy the change and was thinking about taking a break. However as I started to play and realized how things are now it isn't all that bad.
    You may not have life steal any longer but then again relying on that before mod 16 was a bad idea to start with.
    My advice is try and get your stats capped and then you will see just how easy things will be for you.
    It really doesnt take alot of time to rank up enchants and to gear up a toon.
    Hit 80 then run master expedition's farm the gear and then give that gear to the toon.
    100K AD is what we can refine so use that 100K wisely. Meaning sit down and think what offensive or defensive enchants do I need and then think whats the best to rank up first.
    Yes it may take awhile but you are really given what you need to get stats up.
    It really comes all down to how you use what is given to your benefit.
    I will admit however there are some dungeons that are still not correct and one of those is VT last boss where the ghost are to fast and hits for to much hp however there are alot of fixes I am sure to come.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    The best option for self-healing for many players is actually the mount insignia bonuses. heal-on-crit, heal-on-deflect, heal-when-controlled and heal-at-50%. If that's not enough, add some companions that give a boost to incoming healing.

That's all you need (well, and decent HP, Defense and Deflection too). I think I practically never need any other healing at all.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    bonz0dog#1515 bonz0dog Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I have a 15.6K ilevel Rogue on Xbox, and built it deliberately without lifesteal about 3 weeks ago.

Here is a very good guide on the Rogue:- https://docs.google.com/document/d/14lSNln4ndhqnH9J0U9q5j5led3VyZSuiT9nCn5gG8jI/edit#

Basically, you need to stack deflect and there are some good boons and mount insignia bonuses to be taking advantage of.
  • Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    I don't know how effective it is but I saw a some PC user gwf using Bloodtheft armor enchant.
  • Options
    notrustyou#2934 notrustyou Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    > @b4t1b4t said:
    > My two cents is that I am glad lifesteal was removed. At first I did not enjoy the change and was thinking about taking a break. However as I started to play and realized how things are now it isn't all that bad.
    > You may not have life steal any longer but then again relying on that before mod 16 was a bad idea to start with.
    > My advice is try and get your stats capped and then you will see just how easy things will be for you.
    > It really doesnt take alot of time to rank up enchants and to gear up a toon.
    > Hit 80 then run master expedition's farm the gear and then give that gear to the toon.
    > 100K AD is what we can refine so use that 100K wisely. Meaning sit down and think what offensive or defensive enchants do I need and then think whats the best to rank up first.
    > Yes it may take awhile but you are really given what you need to get stats up.
    > It really comes all down to how you use what is given to your benefit.
    > I will admit however there are some dungeons that are still not correct and one of those is VT last boss where the ghost are to fast and hits for to much hp however there are alot of fixes I am sure to come.

Yeah, i built my TR to kill everything fast before it can kill me, then used life steal and companion to take up the lack of defense. At only 13k for m15 i was outperforming many other dps at 15k and 16k. I'm a solo player so no guild boons and just started playing a few months ago, but already have over 900 hours. Virtually all of my enchants are 10 or 11 with a couple 14's.

I'm going to have to figure this out for sure. It went from too easy, to too hard (for dungeons). They took away my ability dps bonuses and nerfed quite a few things. For now I'll just rank up and grind my 100k (and sell AH gear for extra AD) through repeat level qeues since i haven't found a team to finish DD yet. Who knows i may finally join a guild too 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    > @notrustyou#2934 said:
    > This coupled with my companion healer not healing during combat PLUS an increase in healing potion cooldown timer aaaaaand healing potion with less effect sucks!
    >
    > I'm an unfortunate rogue who relied on life steal and my companion to keep up my hp. I almost never died and very rarely needed my potions... Now I've died more times in 3 hours than i have ever. They want us to waste points on useless boons for potion enhancement. It's because of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like this i stopped playing other MMOs.
    >
    > We just quit Lostmauth with a 20k, 19.8k, 15k, 17.2k and 16.8k. Everyone was dying, played valindra's tower, same, demogorgon timed out and failed. There's some serious re-working needing to be done. Funny enough i haven't had much of a problem with undermountain (yet), but these queues are bad. I'm all for a challenge, but this is absurd.

Get an astral deva companion
    Get a pig companion

Use mount insignia bonuses that heal you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    You have to adapt. You have to redo your character acording to new mechanics

You have tons of information here in the forum from PC players that did all the work for you.

I am sure you and your group are suffering from scaling. I can tell you this is veeeeeeery soft from what PC players got in M16.

Read a bit (or ask) adapt your character. My suggestion is to get more survival (defensive caps), and level to 80 before doing any dungeon, the new campaign is well balanced. Do Master Expeditions and equip with new gear, rebalance your stats if you are overcaped, etc.

Then go again to demogorgon, lostmauth, etc. You will notice the difference.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    shadowedsphynxshadowedsphynx Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    As a healer main I welcome the removal of lifesteal - I'm finally relevant in groups. Also, if you're failing demogorgon then you have crappy healers and tanks. I'm only at about 17k item Level and I can do an epic demo run at gold rating with only 1 or 2 downs in the whole team. That requires the tanks to know how to tank and the healers to ignore doing dps and concentrate on healing. If your healers aren't doing 10 mill healing at least then they're letting you down.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    adinosii said:

The best option for self-healing for many players is actually the mount insignia bonuses. heal-on-crit, heal-on-deflect, heal-when-controlled and heal-at-50%. If that's not enough, add some companions that give a boost to incoming healing.

That's all you need (well, and decent HP, Defense and Deflection too). I think I practically never need any other healing at all.

plus lathandar's & soulforged
  • Options
    raziel2004#7353 raziel2004 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Yeap re working players altitude..
  • Options
    samohtsirrom1samohtsirrom1 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I think that what they should have done is keep Lifesteal... But only have it active if not in a group. Then Solo Players could still benfit from it while having to work as a team due to it being disabled while in a group. So Healers would be needed for groups, dungeons, raids but not for "Normal Adventuring"
  • Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User

I think that what they should have done is keep Lifesteal... But only have it active if not in a group. Then Solo Players could still benfit from it while having to work as a team due to it being disabled while in a group. So Healers would be needed for groups, dungeons, raids but not for "Normal Adventuring"

I disagree.
    If you take advantage of the self healing that continues to exist, through things mentioned above, adding lifesteal on top of that would quickly return people to the binary state of "Full HP" or "Dead by one-shot!".

Take the insignia and set bonuses that are available. (As far as Insignia bonuses go, the best ones to have now are the healing ones...) then become familiar with how to play to get the best from what you have.

Lifesteal is for the Hard of Thinking. I've spent the past nearly two weeks learning the new system, and now even my squishiest characters don't die very often, and when they do, it's because I wasn't paying attention and forgot to pop a health stone.
  • Options
    samohtsirrom1samohtsirrom1 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    "Pop a Healthstone" fine and good for PAY to Play, but no good for Free to Play players. Personally IF I buy something Extra I do it just to have something nice (like going out to eat...lol) not because that's the only why to get it done. This is the deference between having a stove at home and going out to eat for fun versus having no stove, microwave, toaster, fryer, grilling machine or any other way of cooking food and having to either go out to eat, or starve.
  • Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User

"Pop a Healthstone" fine and good for PAY to Play, but no good for Free to Play players. Personally IF I buy something Extra I do it just to have something nice (like going out to eat...lol) not because that's the only why to get it done. This is the deference between having a stove at home and going out to eat for fun versus having no stove, microwave, toaster, fryer, grilling machine or any other way of cooking food and having to either go out to eat, or starve.

I've played for just over 4 years, and bought about 5000 zen in that time. In the UK that equates to spending an average of about 20p per week... If you consider that PAY to Play then fine, but we both know that's not the case.

I don't know where this myth that Stones of Health are the fancy trappings of the rich and decadent originated, but it's a load of old bollocks, yet people seem happy to continue spouting it as the reason that they really really need Lifesteal.

40 trade bars or 15K AD for a green, or 33k for a Blue (with 4 times the capacity). 1500 Zen for a blue is just plain stupid, and so is anyone who pays that much.
    If staying alive is worth it to you, 33K is about 1/3 of 1 days RAD conversion capacity and should last several days even if you are utterly useless.

And it's not like they don't drop for free on quite a lot of events and giveaways.

The game is better without the crutch of Lifesteal.

Most of the people I know and play with manage to maintain VIP, and a steady stream (if not gushing torrent) of Trade Bars, AD and Zen without having to "PAY to Play". That's just basic account management. Most of them have the means to get Stones of Health and Scrolls of Life.
    If someone in our alliance is stuck without adequate healing someone will help them out.

Healing Potions are not expensive at all. They can be made by characters in bulk! Learn how to manage them. E.g. don't wait to use them when you are low on HP, try to keep topped up so that you have longer for the cool down to take effect in case you need another one... simple stuff like that.

You don't need purple or gold insignia for self healing Mount Bonuses, Blue are pretty cheap on the AH and they will make a big difference. The minute after I re-arranged my Mount bonuses on my squishy Rogue I felt the difference straight away.

Add all these things together, and you will stay alive as a result of your ability to build, plan, and play your character rather than because there is a safety net that doesn't even wait for you to fall for it to catch you, because its constantly there, holding you upright.
  • Options
    b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    Like I said before even before mod 16 you should not have relied on lifesteal to stay alive.
    In this mod you should focus on 3 stat enchants that will give you cap on stats.
    Maybe even go full Radiant in defensive slots but if you find that not helping go draconic or some other 3 stat enchant that boost defensive stats.
    When I ran this on my 3 toons I never had any real issue but then again even before mod 16 my toons was running 3 stat based enchants in defensive stats I never relied on lifesteal.
  • Options
    bigahiga#9431 bigahiga Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I agree with alot of the above comments I was upset at first with Lifesteal gone but I have adapted, I am a level 80 Rogue with 20K+ and feel like I have actually gotten better in game paying more attention to health and timing my moves instead of just hacking and slashing my way thru indestructible to all
  • Options
    finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Life steal was the best stat of them all. Why ? because you didn't had to rely on potions with freaking long cooldowns or clerics who didn't know how to heal or couldn't heal for HAMSTER.
    Cool we have still insignia bonuses that can heal you, holy avenger weapon enchantment, companion incoming healing, tactical enchantment, and bloodtheft armor enchantment.. but all of this together still isn't better than life steal.

2 days ago in random advanced dungeon we had 5 dps classes.
    Ranger,
    Barbarian,
    Warlock,
    Paladin,
    Cleric.

Paladin, warlock and the cleric were not interested in healing ( lol )
    So we beat the dungeon with wasting x amounts of potions.

Well done cryptic !

Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨