test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please change the Alabaster and Zok drop rates back

you changed the drop rate over 4 weeks ago, since then, i have gotten no alabaster from MEs, at all. i have gotten no item level 1000 gear or artifacts, nothing good at all from Zok, just pieces of IL 950 gear, which he wasnt dropping before that patch from over 4 weeks ago and i get from the MEs.

i am playing 6 characters through 3 MEs everyday, trying to get alabaster and 1000 level gear. before this rate change, i had completed the alabaster set on 2 (playing everyday since i finished UM campaign), got an alabaster piece of 2 others and had gotten 4 1000 IL gear from Zok (2 were the same piece), an umbrax pet and an arturia music box. that ended over 4 weeks ago and i have gotten nothing since then. i thought finally you guys got smart, then you changed the rates and i realized i was wrong. it wasnt that they were dropping so much before, but they would drop every now and then.

this is why i stopped spending money some time ago on vip and keys. its just a waste. spending hundreds of dollars and getting nothing. 10 characters, no legendary mount, the only legendary companions, i upgraded. ive been playing for years.

i am also not going to be doing the summer festival this year either. 4 years, 10 characters getting the ticket ball every day, doing the kicking parties, thousands of mithral tickets... and... NOTHING. 100s of hours wasted.

THIS is why games lose players, this is why games struggle to make money. insane, near impossible drop rates.

you bottle neck the zen exchange and raise the price. you get rid of salvage and limit accounts to 100k refined ad a day, all to limit players and try to get them to spend money. this is the wrong thing to do. you want to make money, stop with the insane drop rates. i would spend money if i could ever get anything from a lockbox worth having. but in over 2000 keys over the years, the only legendary thing i have gotten is a brilliant diamond.

unless you think its good for a player to spend hundreds of dollars on a game and get nothing and they just feel used.

people do not like wasting money and most dont like to waste time for nothing.

i am not even going to try to get the other 4 characters through undermountain. whats the point? boons? boons arent that great now.

Comments

• Options
    dayhjawk#5066 dayhjawk Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I don't understand why they don't have it coded, that if the character you have, at turn in, has a piece of alabaster alraedy, that piece has a less chance to get than normal. So the piece your missing would have a higher chance. I also hate Zok, I've done a week of turn ins and all I get is AB and potions. Not to mention there is no shirt or pants for sell in the shop!!!!
  • Options
    dayhjawk#5066 dayhjawk Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    OH and let's not forget so many ppl without the blue pet companion gear! Even was stated it was in the drop pool for MEs.. which I call BS on and someone needs to check the coding! Because it's not in the pool!
  • Options
    modestmouse75modestmouse75 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    And the fact that you can have one piece of the set and still continue to get the same piece over and over is just ridiculous. Don't get me started on Zok and his continuous repeat on giving same vanity pets. I do hate discarding vanity pets. I admit I have an addiction to lockboxes...i can't help it, but even I am getting tired of them and the lack of goodies from them...
    SW:Mouse
    OP:MisfitMouse
  • Options
    welshdemonwelshdemon Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Yes I to agree with everything you hve said I hve been playing this game for 2 years and opened 1000's of lockboxes and I to hve not got legendary mounts and then zok well what can I say about zok it is a waste of time evening opening the chests cos I get sod all but lets be honest the devs will never ever change it because they know players will still buy zen and that will never change unless all us players take a stand and not buy zen but that imo will never do that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    yay, 2 more days, 36 more MEs and no alabaster or anything from Zok. WOOHOO.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Well, i doubt they did actually change anything at those drop rates with a patch, this is just RNGesus at work in NWO, nothing more and nothing less.

I currently have a Paladin, Warlock and Wizard with a full Alabaster Weapons set, some of them got their set together within the first daily ME runs rather recently (the Wizard), while my Fighter is stuck with a mix of Ebonized/Prized weapons for weeks now.

And the same goes for lockboxes, i think i got my first legendary nearly 2 years ago, and after that not even one single epic drop for a very looong time.

As suggested by others, NWO should have some kind of "streak breaker", for example after running xy MEs the Alabaster Weapon drop should be guaranteed. And in case of lockboxes, it could be a guaranteed (but bound to account) item from the first reward bracket after opening xy lockboxes.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User

i am also not going to be doing the summer festival this year either. 4 years, 10 characters getting the ticket ball every day, doing the kicking parties, thousands of mithral tickets... and... NOTHING. 100s of hours wasted.

THIS is why games lose players, this is why games struggle to make money. insane, near impossible drop rates.

Its even worse my frien, much worse.

Belive me or not - but while we doing a dungeon runs we have a new joke.
    We are happy when we dont get any drop form bosses.
    Cos when when we do - we in fact fell offended/humiliated with it.
    So its much better to be offended once - opening a last box than 4 times in a row in 30 minutes (or so)

But best part is - a friend of mine got his first legendary mount recently form a VIP key.
    It was that horrible looking demonic cart from undermountian lockbox.
    He is old timer so he still remember legendary mounts form old days - worth 30KK AD and making a real dfference.
    So when he imidietly sold that terrible thing he just got 4kk+ AD
    And he said - after so many years - I fell stupid and humiliated with my "great luck" I can't even buy myself 2 top radiants for my lucky drop.

And that pretty much sums its all up.
    This game is not rewarding a player in any way - and even if it does its still humiliating, and far below expetations. Legendary mount drop is nice only when you are new to the game and dont even realise how much AD you need for your toon....

• Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Actually, the recent stream did promise an increase in alabaster drop rate coming soon. The majority of the players probably have their set already, but this will be nice for those that are still missing one or both pieces.

Now if the mechanism for Watcher could be fixed ... it's just insulting as is.

As for Zok, I have gotten a decent drop (Arcturia's Music box) once....the rest is basically just rAD and a useless potion.

And yeah, I miss the days when we had a real chance of occasionally getting some valuable, unbound gear from dungeons.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    madjohny#9847 madjohny Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    might aswell wait for mod 17 witch is gona come around 2 Months +/-
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Well, when it comes to selling a legendary (or epic) drop from an active lockbox, it might be better to wait until the next new lockbox is being released into the game, and the prices for the older loot start to rise again... or try the pre Mod 15 (?) lockboxes, you know the ones with more packs and a whole lot less HAMSTER in them.

That's what i'm currently doing, i gave the newer ones a 30 daily ViP lockbox keys chance, but ended up with my inventory being overflowing with worthless junk. I'd wish they would remove this new design again, but i guess it's working out in their favour, so they'll probably keep producing more and more of them...
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Instead of an increase to the Alabaster drop rate, an exchange system to trade OH for MH would be great. Even if it took 2 of one in exchange for the other, I've got that covered. If it took 3, 2 of 3 remaining characters would be good to go and the last would be done with one more drop.

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned, last week or so, Rage and Empowered runs with 1 rune are almost exclusively giving blue drops now. The one time I've run 3 runes, got purple again. Not conclusive but it does seem consistently blue these days.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    2 more days, 36 more MEs runs, no alabaster. one piece of 950 il gear 9 which was in there before a few weeks ago) and a common pet i have dozens of. yay me.
  • Options
    tjkernan#7315 tjkernan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Well, rng is indeed crazy rando...
    Over 3 weeks of absolute garbage, then today the little creeper gave my ranger a 1000 helmet and chest...
    Ya just never know.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Actually, the recent stream did promise an increase in alabaster drop rate coming soon. The majority of the players probably have their set already, but this will be nice for those that are still missing one or both pieces.

Now if the mechanism for Watcher could be fixed ... it's just insulting as is.

As for Zok, I have gotten a decent drop (Arcturia's Music box) once....the rest is basically just rAD and a useless potion.

And yeah, I miss the days when we had a real chance of occasionally getting some valuable, unbound gear from dungeons.

My HR and CW have gotten a few offhands. My SW hasn't gotten squat. This is really beyond the pale. If they're going to raise the level cap, they could have at least provided a reasonable means of obtaining level-appropriate weapons. What's next -- something outrageous like 10k tradebars per piece for the Mountaineer set?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    2 more days, 36 more MEs. nothing yesterday. today, after maint, two pieces of alabaster. problem, i got the main hand on my barbarian who is missing off hand. and i got the off hand on my rogue, who is missing main hand. still nothing at all on my warlock. got a piece of 950 gear again from zok (please freakin take 950 gear out of there) and a common pet that i have dozens of.

:sigh:
  • Options
    sometimesyoulose#6985 sometimesyoulose Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    2 more days, 36 more MEs, no alabaster, nothing but 2 common pets from Zok.

i think i am done with doing MEs for awhile, this is pathetic. there is a reason you give rewards, to keep players coming back and to keep them happy and playing. but this is taking up all my time and i cannot do anything else. freaking burning me out all together.
    Post edited by sometimesyoulose#6985 on
  • Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    I think by the time people get alabaster, they are already able to get seal of the deep from lomm and exchange it for the other set. The RnG is too much.
  • Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    they could solve it with 1 simple change... just make all those items unbound.
  • Options
    2 more days, 0 ME runs. no alabaster, nothing from zok.

have had time to do other things in the game for the same reward of no alabaster and nothing from zok.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Well, i finally got the Alabaster MH with my Fighter, and for a moment i thought that they had increased the drop rate as said in some Stream or Q&A and that i might even see the OH drop now too, but i got the usual rare HAMSTER weapons drop again.

Anyway, the Mountaineer Weapon set is in the Trade Bars Store now, but i'm not going to waste 160 bars per character on them, at this point i'll rather wait for the next fresh weapon set in the seals vendor and keep on playing with whatever HAMSTER i get from RNG...
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    2 more days, 0 ME runs, no alabaster and nothing from zok

i did legacy campaigns on 6 characters and managed to get at least 1 boon on each. did quite a few protection order runs too.

amazing i get the same alabaster and zok drops when i dont do them, as when i did, but have time to get some other things done.
  • Options
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11194593
    ... and it looks like it's working, got the missing OH on two characters with their first daily ME run.
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    im glad you got them regenerde, the three that are missing them of mine, got nothing today.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Well, maybe today was OH day... i finished 3 MEs with my Cleric right now and only got the OH with him too. My guess, beside the increased RNG drop rate for the Alabaster weapons, there also seems to be a limit to 1 weapon drop per day, so that players won't get the whole set at the same day.

Anyway, have to wait and see if i'll get the MH with my Cleric in the next daily runs.
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    My GF And DC got OH and MH on the same day. Today I got finish my fourth toon. Just one more MH for my last toon and I am done with MEs for good. Not bad considering I started grinding MEs five weeks ago and as of now have only three extra OH.
  • Options
    kingkevin#3240 kingkevin Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    What’s Zok
  • Options
    edited June 2019

there isn't a limit to 1 weapon drop a day. was doing watcher runs earlier and one of my guildies on her HR alt got both MH and OH in subsequent runs.

Well, congratulations to her. So, in the end it's still just crappy RNG, and while some might get their weapons within a day, others might still have to suffer through many ME runs for days or perhaps weeks?

Good grief, why couldn't they just change this HAMSTER to a straight forward "if player has not MH or OH Alabaster weapon after xy ME runs, then generate missing MH or OH weapon drop. end of line." thing...
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User

What’s Zok

A trader in Yawning Portal.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***