test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hunter rotations

clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
As the title says, what are you using as a hunter. Why do you think what you are using works best.

Comments

• Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    I shift to place all my weight on the ball of my right foot, then spin.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    My Ranger is short of running LoMM by 1k iL or so, and so I’ve really only been doing MEs with her.

My main observation is that staying “as far away as possible” is a bad plan. It’s the #1 reason Ranged HRs do bad damage.

My 2 “must haves” are Constricting Arrow and Hindering Shot for encounters. Rapid Shot is my “go to” at-will. The third encounter can be rotated through a few different options as needed. eg Commanding Shot is good on bosses as it’s got a buff effect.

If the mobs are grouped up I start with Constricting, otherwise I start with some other single target alpha strike. Then once the mob is grouped but Constricting. Then Hindering. Then at wills while closing, swap to melee, melee from Constricting and Hindering, then back to Ranged.

This rotation usually has essentially “always up” on some Encounter power (making Jawrippers for eg being great).
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    My ranger is pretty end game ~24.5k IL. For my AoE build (warden trapper/blade hurricane build):

Call of the Storm
    Constricting arrow,
    Hindering shot,
    Cordon of Arrows,
    stance switch,
    Hindering Strike,
    Plant Growth,
    x3 at will,
    Steel Breeze,
    x3 at will,

Repeat. The first rotation (when I have artifact up), I will blow through all of my encounters without at wills and then use envenomed storyteller's journal to reduce cool downs, legendary deep crow mount power for damage/CA buff (procs cavalry's warning), and then do the rotation above^. Call of the storm with enhanced conductivity is just insane by the way in AoE.

I'm almost always paingiver unless I'm running with a wizard at equal item level.. they are just too good in Mod 16.