test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Castle Ravenloft

Hey everyone with mod 16 coming I figured there’s not much left to do but hoard AD and items. But I’m fairly new to neverwinter and the one dungeon I’ve only got to finish a few times is CR, not too many people want to run it, and pugging in REQ is a disaster. So I was wondering if there are some veteran CR players that would like to join me on the weekends to run CR several times on Saturday and Sunday.
My character is a 17,996k Combat HR , I know the mechanics of the dungeon and I am fairly sun sword friendly. I’ve made it once as main dps with my guild and another time as secondary dps with a chat assemble group. So if by any chance there is already a ps4 group of 4 that loves CR and needs another DPS let me know.

Comments

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Hey everyone with mod 16 coming I figured there’s not much left to do but hoard AD and items. But I’m fairly new to neverwinter and the one dungeon I’ve only got to finish a few times is CR, not too many people want to run it, and pugging in REQ is a disaster. So I was wondering if there are some veteran CR players that would like to join me on the weekends to run CR several times on Saturday and Sunday.

My character is a 17,996k Combat HR , I know the mechanics of the dungeon and I am fairly sun sword friendly. I’ve made it once as main dps with my guild and another time as secondary dps with a chat assemble group. So if by any chance there is already a ps4 group of 4 that loves CR and needs another DPS let me know.

You know you can send me a message in game if you need a cleric, wizard or dare I say a fighter. Yeah I brought back my GF for this past weekend double refinement as she had around 12 omu keys and I simply didn't want to be bothered with moving my enchantments around on my CW to my GF so I got some R8 and took her through some CoDGs.

If I see you on tonight I'll send you a tell.
  • mikewho#5331 mikewho Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    That would be awesome, I always need a good cleric in fact my soloing is a bit pitiful cause I’ve traded in most of my recovery for power but in buff groups I can’t even tell I’m missing the recovery. But whichever character you want to use is fine with me.
    It looks like no one wants to do CR period, I don’t know if it’s the dungeon or the fact that I’m a HR lol. If it’s the HR thing guys I run T9 and codg all the time , the two times I ran CR my groups and I did it 1 run , zero wipes ,and a total of 2 scrolls for myself. Also my damage % is 240, when exalted I have hit peaks of 415% , my crit severity is 200%., and when in the right group I have 1 phased orcus 5 times. But I can’t do CR alone help
  • magekazin#3980 magekazin Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    It's not that you are a HR, it's more the dungeon itself imo. I've run it a ton, but even when the mod was still current it got hard to get groups fast. Two reasons for that, one it is very glitchy, but thankfully it has gotten better. Two it is long, even with the fastest groups you still are getting times longer then most average t9 runs so you can farm UES faster from CODG and T9G. I wouldn't mind helping if I'm online with a run or two, my pally is my best, but I have finished as a CW and DC.
    That would be awesome man a good pally is key for CR and my squishy butt. My ps I’d is x_mike_who_x

So with u and my other friend bengal all we need is a is a good warlock and another dps

That would be awesome man a good pally is key for CR and my squishy butt. My ps I’d is x_mike_who_x

So with u and my other friend bengal all we need is a is a good warlock and another dps

This is so not true.

I have done a bunch of CR, T9, FBI, and MSPCs on all my characters. My best and quickest runs in all content have the following group make up...

GF Conq or GF Tac - tac offers slight better buffing and AP gain for CW and AC DC but either works r
    AC DC full power share build
    OP Healadin with full power sharing and bane on the GF Conq otherwise the primary DPS
    Templock
    Primary DPS (I typically run on my CW in this role or replace the Templock if one cannot be found)

This groups does T9 in a average of 12 minutes, some days we get close to finishing it around 10 minutes but most days it is around 12.

This group works well because it maximizes buffs and debuffs. Mod 16 happened because groups like this were burning through content. Yet it is still pretty easy to hit 100K+ power next mod and some players are close to the 175K+ mark that most buff groups could easily achieve.

Instead of power sharing we now get power through other means. Mod 16 was about reducing power creep and yet players are walking around with over 100K power in mod 16. Dev didn't really fix the power issue.
    edited May 2019
    Sorry man I just ran it with who I had at the time that were experienced in the dungeon, I like the group tactics and ur expertise on the subject. However lol I failed to see the spot for me, lol u done kicked me out the group . No wonder I can’t find a req group lol
    Post edited by mikewho#5331 on
  • magekazin#3980 magekazin Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2019

This is so not true.

I have done a bunch of CR, T9, FBI, and MSPCs on all my characters. My best and quickest runs in all content have the following group make up...

GF Conq or GF Tac - tac offers slight better buffing and AP gain for CW and AC DC but either works r
    OP Healadin with full power sharing and bane on the GF Conq otherwise the primary DPS
    Templock
    Primary DPS (I typically run on my CW in this role or replace the Templock if one cannot be found)

This groups does T9 in a average of 12 minutes, some days we get close to finishing it around 10 minutes but most days it is around 12.

This group works well because it maximizes buffs and debuffs. Mod 16 happened because groups like this were burning through content. Yet it is still pretty easy to hit 100K+ power next mod and some players are close to the 175K+ mark that most buff groups could easily achieve.

Instead of power sharing we now get power through other means. Mod 16 was about reducing power creep and yet players are walking around with over 100K power in mod 16. Dev didn't really fix the power issue.

Oh yes the crappy Meta that is the cause of so many problems. Yes that is a fast group, but I have gotten equal results with other combinations, it's not about the perfect meta, it's about the players understanding how to work with each other how to time your skills so the buffs line up and then in that small window attack with your full force. Heck if I took 5 random players who fit into the roles you stated, who never tried or learned to 1 phase bosses they wouldn't pull off 10 minutes T9, they most likely be closer to 20-30. Speed running can be fun and if you want to play that way then great have fun, but it is not the only correct answer.

I've done many speed runs, but I find the slower runs more enjoyable, nothing wrong with a 20 minute t9. It's that meta and the desire to run it and only it that drives all the changes we have seen because players who don't fit in the current one feel left out. DPS hated that groups wanted 2 DC, well the DO took the hit there and now no one calls for them. The TR was stupid OP on single targets and poof they were nerfed. CW's were mad they lost one of there strongest aoe, and now their best build is a full dps with great buffs too. And so on and so forth.

As for Mikes comment, yup a good tank, a good DC and DPS that know what they are doing are all you need to finish any dungeon, all combinations can have nice smooth runs of any dungeon. That's why my alliance did T9, CODG, and even CR training runs as well as class workshops, they were fun.

This is so not true.

Templock

Oh yes the crappy Meta that is the cause of so many problems. Yes that is a fast group, but I have gotten equal results with other combinations, it's not about the perfect meta, it's about the players understanding how to work with each other how to time your skills so the buffs line up and then in that small window attack with your full force. Heck if I took 5 random players who fit into the roles you stated, who never tried or learned to 1 phase bosses they wouldn't pull off 10 minutes T9, they most likely be closer to 20-30. Speed running can be fun and if you want to play that way then great have fun, but it is not the only correct answer.

I've done many speed runs, but I find the slower runs more enjoyable, nothing wrong with a 20 minute t9. It's that meta and the desire to run it and only it that drives all the changes we have seen because players who don't fit in the current one feel left out. DPS hated that groups wanted 2 DC, well the DO took the hit there and now no one calls for them. The TR was stupid OP on single targets and poof they were nerfed. CW's were mad they lost one of there strongest aoe, and now their best build is a full dps with great buffs too. And so on and so forth.

As for Mikes comment, yup a good tank, a good DC and DPS that know what they are doing are all you need to finish any dungeon, all combinations can have nice smooth runs of any dungeon. That's why my alliance did T9, CODG, and even CR training runs as well as class workshops, they were fun.
    I've done plenty of training runs for all content. Content isn't hard; it is just learning mechanics. Mod 16 is a wake up call as it removes the ability to simply ignore mechanics.

I have seen so many players stand in red zones over and over and over during my time. I do it to some times. But I typically try to avoid the red as one should. Mod 16 makes it so we now have to avoid the red high damage attacks.

Even with that said, some of the none-red attacks in mod 16 can kill players. This game is very buggy; none red attacks should never be a one shot. Red attacks should also not be a one shot but should do a % of a player health such as 85% or something along those lines. Than one single hit after that, said player would be most likely dead.

Mike I was on this weekend and even sent you tells to see if you wanted to run anything. I was on part of the day on Saturday. Maybe another time.