test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

why was this module dumped on the community in such a broken state?

Everyday i play I find something else broken in this game, It's so frustrating to have put so much time and effort into building my characters up and buy the right enchantments and companions, at no small cost to myself, only to have them all nerfed to oblivion. I spent over $100 on chultan tigers alone, and an additional 1 million AD each to take them to legendary, and now its not even viable.
Half the things in this game don't even work anymore, or they work differently then they are stated to.
We have broken Dungeons removed from the game, and other broken dungeons still in the random queue (cr).
I can't even do anything at my stronghold because I'm not wasting 15 mins to fight a pack of trash mobs.
Why did the developers drop this HAMSTER on the playerbase???

Comments

• Options
    altmerpoweraltmerpower Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 101 Arc User

the thing about being stuck in combat....do you have the master boon Blood Lust?
    i was having the same issue on my paladin and made a thread about it and luckily @pitshade has already discovered that it was caused by Blood Lust and pointed this out to me, i respecced and haven't had it happen since.
    the blue damage effect aoe thing during ME's is caused by using runes, its a normal effect when doing ME with runes.

Yes I am currently using Blood Lust will swich to something else tomorrow. Did not know about that blue damage effect was caused by using runes, still they should take that effect away no fun fighting in blue fog after making rid of all damage effects by using special potions just unplesant experience :) thank you for information.
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    the neck 4% ap gain is a typo its 4 points of ap gain instead
  • Options
    pwimagicgamepwimagicgame Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    That chultan tiger, changing 5% damage to that pathetic bonus is darn well disgusting considering how many paid out for the those tigers. Same goes for all those that spent on upgrading loads of archons only to find them rendered useless in MOD16.

There's no excuse for that sort of thieving.
  • Options
    draugkirdraugkir Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    its a mess..
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited May 2019

That chultan tiger, changing 5% damage to that pathetic bonus is darn well disgusting considering how many paid out for the those tigers. Same goes for all those that spent on upgrading loads of archons only to find them rendered useless in MOD16.

A 10 sec burst of 6000 power and 20% movement speed

Pathetic bonus? Are you kidding me?

Chultan tiger is actually BIS for trash clearing which is 80% of the game, so stop whining. Only deepcrow is better. Only classes that have 1 offensive slot can complain but I already told that dual role classes should have 2-2-1.

forget mod 15 now companions are the end game and you need to have more of them for different situations or loadouts if you want the best performance. In mod 15 you only needed 1.
    Post edited by darthpotater on
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    martins#2911 martins Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    My opinion:
    The game is good, needed changes, and they are very cool, hj needing a tank and a cure. Time has to be well assembled. It gave more space to the DPS in CODG - before in codg it was 2 dps and the rest buffs, now can go 7 dps, Much better.

I spent a fortune on the teammates, but changed, I'm going to race the best now.

I agree that there are enough problems in the game some bugs, but I believe that in the next att, much will be fixed.

For those who want the same thing in the game I believe that Moba game would be a good idea!

Note: It only needs to improve the magnetude of the SW that this really is sad!
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User

arcanjo86 said:

the neck 4% ap gain is a typo its 4 points of ap gain instead

actually its .4% ap not the stated 4%....several forum members have posted ACT logs
    exactly 4 point of ap given in battle. ((0.4x1000)/100= 4)
  • Options
    pwimagicgamepwimagicgame Member Posts: 53 Arc User

A 10 sec burst of 6000 power and 20% movement speed

Pathetic bonus? Are you kidding me?

Chultan tiger is actually BIS for trash clearing which is 80% of the game, so stop whining. Only deepcrow is better. Only classes that have only 1 offensive slot can complain but I already told that dual role classes should have 2-2-1.

forget mod 15 now companions are the end game and you need to have more of them for different situations or loadouts if you want the best performance. In mod 15 you only needed 1.
    That must be why the game was full of tigers and now virtually nobody uses them *rolls eyes*
  • Options

That must be why the game was full of tigers and now virtually nobody uses them *rolls eyes*

People dont use it as active companion because is not augment. So you dont see it even if people are using it. Do I really have to explain this? I think you could figure that.

tiger 6000 power for 10 seconds
    deepcrow 8000 power
    theres literally nothing to compare, the tiger is a joke now

Yes deepcrow is better I already told that.

But if for your second active offensive slot, tiger bonus is up all time except for boss fights, so how makes it bad? Tell me a better companion for trash clearing. And the movespeed is actually very good too reducing dungeon speed time.

For boss fight there are other good options, ofc. But well I dont know why I waste my time explaining you will complain about other thing that has changed. There is allways people that cant understand that things change in MMOs.
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
  • Options
    sh00th3r3#1554 sh00th3r3 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    As far as the tiger goes, I feel like I got my money's worth (I didn't spend real money of course, transferred AD and bought with a 33% off coupon) but the dang thing was so suicidal anyway that I'm kinda glad it's not BiS anymore XD
    Besides, even if this mod had gone differently there would always be another BiS companion due to come out, that's a change we should all expect. And at least they are making other companions more viable, instead of the Tiger-3 Archons- meta. Boring to see 5 tigers in every dungeon run for the last few mods.
  • Options
    > @pariswinters#7118 said:
    > > @darthpotater said:

> > For boss fight there are other good options, ofc. But well I dont know why I waste my time explaining you will complain about other thing that has changed. There is allways people that cant understand that things change in MMOs.
    >
    > Better = tamed velociraptor

Thats only true if you play with people who has It.
    That is not the case of most people, but still even then, Tiger is very far from useless witch is what some people is claiming.
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited May 2019

Everyday i play I find something else broken in this game, It's so frustrating to have put so much time and effort into building my characters up and buy the right enchantments and companions, at no small cost to myself, only to have them all nerfed to oblivion. I spent over $100 on chultan tigers alone, and an additional 1 million AD each to take them to legendary, and now its not even viable.
    Half the things in this game don't even work anymore, or they work differently then they are stated to.
    We have broken Dungeons removed from the game, and other broken dungeons still in the random queue (cr).
    I can't even do anything at my stronghold because I'm not wasting 15 mins to fight a pack of trash mobs.
    Why did the developers drop this HAMSTER on the playerbase???

These are my assumptions based on a background in technology for projects development and delivery.

The reason the game was launched in its broken state was that mgmt gave the development team a hard deployment date they had to deliver the next mod even if the mod was not ready for deployment. Instead of moving the development team over to the next module the company kept them on for bug fixes and changes as they knew that the mod 16 has issues.

The April date was probably selected as the cut off do to how long it has been since the last mod. What management did not predict is how much of an impact the changes to mod 16 would have to the in game population. Even if management decided to delay deployment a month, even one month more of testing and fixing would still have resulted in the PC players getting an incomplete and broken mod 16. The company decided to keep the date of 4/22 and launched the game. PC players became the true tester so that development can fix the most pressing issues impacting the game.

The mass exodus of PC players had many factor and it also has some what impacted consoles when the mod was still in pre-view prior to being launched. The big change to classes really upset quite a few player that invested time and real world money into their character and most of those players have already left and moved onto other game. After that the mixture of players moving on include those upset about needing to put another $100 or more into each character to get better companions, better gear, etc...

My assumption is that even if mod 16 launched without any bugs the game would still have had a major player loss do to the class changes, companion changes, and changes around combat.

All of these issue could be fixed by the devs doing a few things...

1) Update the bonus to most of the companion - aka bring back to old bonuses for archons, tiger, razorwood, etc..
    2) I wrote up a way to add some complexity to our builds it is not as close to what we had in mod 15 but is better than what mod 16 offers; it would also provide us 8 total feats instead of 5.
    3) Bring recovery back as a stat or lower cool downs significantly.

As someone that has seen all three of the classes I play as buffer/debuff be destroyed with mod 16 I'm only keeping one around that is my wizard and since I rarely DPS I'm sure I won't stick around as the imaginary role I enjoyed playing, buffer/debuffer, has been removed from the game.

It is why lately my time has been on ESO, where my Templar healer buffer is highly sought after. And when the next chapter comes out I will be playing a Necromancer in ESO and that is just a week away. I want to continue playing NWO but the devs need to improve upon the game more than they already have planned because it is still in a sad state given where it was previously.