test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cant change loadout bug

schilent#0629 schilent Member Posts: 6 Arc User
So tech support asked that I report my bug in this forum as well. I have been unable to change my loadouts no matter where I am or what screen/menu I have open.
The problem - I click on the dropdown option for another loadout and it does not change.
What does it do?
- It makes the noise like its changing
- It tells me if I am missing something which I should have equipped in the other loadout (onscreen message)
- It posts an error message in the chat equivalent to the onscreen message

What it does NOT do
-Actually change any of the gear
-It does not post any error message other than described above.
-Change the loadout label at the top

What Ive tried:
-Apply all gear and all mounts and all companions to each loadout.
-change loadout from the mount screen or companion screen
-change gear and reapply to all loadouts.
-change mounts and reapply to all loadouts.
-remove all gear and try to change.

Other reports: I have had several people tell me that they had a similar issue but by applying everything to all loadouts, it usually fixes the problem but others have also stated that they had to change to a different tab within the character sheet. Both of these remedies I have tried.

Comments

• rybsyngoniumrybsyngonium Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User

Other reports: I have had several people tell me that they had a similar issue but by applying everything to all loadouts, it usually fixes the problem but others have also stated that they had to change to a different tab within the character sheet. Both of these remedies I have tried.

That usually helps but once did not to me. Then I changed my companion and did "apply all" parts. I set my companion back and did "apply all" once again. Then it worked (in fact, it worked after the first step).
    I wonder if that is some new bug or this can help you? And if this will help you maybe it is related to duplicate companions bug somehow?
  • devilxjkdevilxjk Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    my work around was use this companion on every loadout, and now it work again
  • schilent#0629 schilent Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I have attempted this as well. If it does apply to the companion, it may be that I changed the powers associated with each category for each loadout. Unfortunately, I do not remember the exact combination I chose to test this theory.
  • cheerz4beerzcheerz4beerz Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Did you hit the copy loadout button from the manage loadouts page? That copies the paragon as well. If so it could be changing but it doesnt look like it is
    The loadout has 2 different names. I made sure that wasnt the issue. I may try to copy and retrain since they havent figured it out..Chances are, since I use different skills on the companions for tank vs dps that Ill have it lock down again..
  • earthstrikersearthstrikers Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I have the same issue, tried applying all items, mounts and companions, tried swapping mounts and applying, tried swapping companions and applying, still can't change.
  • eversummer#1666 eversummer Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Same issue on my wizard, 2 loadouts, stuck on thaumaturge. "Unable to equip some items from the loadout" always shows up when trying to swap.
    >eversummer That issue will likely go away if you hit the apply to all layouts on each piece of equipment but if its the same problem, it wont fix the no changing policy. Mine was changing when the mod first came out(after I hit 80). When I didnt have a piece of equipment, it would give me that error message but the gear slot would be red and it would switch the loadout anyways. I dont think that part is so much an error as it is just a notification.
    It is nice to know that Im not the only one having the error.
  • sriram#1646 sriram Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    I had the same problem with companion powers I cleared all powers and then I was able to change loadouts..
  • picar66picar66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    i trained one of my pets, called another and do my quests. next day log in and get message that pet has trainig finish. after that i cant change loadout. So i think it has something to do with companions.
    apply pets to all loadout and after that i can Change loadout, but now sometimes not.
    its direct after leaving an instance (skirmisch or dungeon). travel to another Location, wait 60seconds and can change loadout again but only standing in a fireplace (normal in pe or stronghold i can change without fireplace). dont know what exact is preventing change of loadout, no errormessage appears and after travel , wait and go to a fireplace it works again. it begun by training a pet that isnt called.
    hope that helps to find the reason.
  • photeus#7983 photeus Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Had this problem due to getting alabaster weapon. Once I put it on, it broke my healing loadout because the weapon was 'gone'. Using or deleting the weapon didn't fix it. Using the button on companion screen to apply my companion sets -did- fix it.

I had an unusable copy of prior weapon (again, the weapon was deleted) on my main hand. Swapped it for new alabaster and was swapping normally again
  • eddiestormeddiestorm Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Ditto.. Level 70 and my cleric is stuck in devout. I gone through what everyone else discussed. still no joi
    For anyone following
    I think I found a solution.
    I changed spec with cleric last night while I was in an instance..When I got out, my spec was locked. I went into another RAQ this morning as healer and was able to switch back to my dps spec.
    Try running an instance and when you are ready to exit, swap loadout to the one that you were in before it got locked.
    @eddiestorm
  • xenotorchxenotorch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    After reading all the response, my way of doing it was clearly long-winded! But here is what I sent back to support after finally clearing the issue - I will just say I had no companions in training during this issue.

Success! Finally changed it.
    This is what lead to how I did it, I do not know exactly what the key was but here is what I did after reading your suggestions and the forum thread.

Removed all insignia and applied Mounts to all Loadouts (just mounts didn't seem to work)
    Applied all companions to all Loadouts
    Individually applied all pieces of equipment and artifacts on the Character screen to all Loadouts.
    Unequipped everything (all equipment and artifacts) and put in inventory.
    My potion bar, I left that as 2 items were consistent on both loadouts but there was one item in my inventory that said was used on another loadout. I did not know how to deal with that so I left the potion bar alone.
    On Manage loadouts screen, copied Soulweaver loadout to Hellbringer loadout - note insignias and equipment/artifact slots are empty at this point.
    This succeeded! I was able to change loadouts now, I haven't yet retrained the Hellbringer but that is where it stands at the moment.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Same issue on my Paladin. I'll try some of the mentioned remedies tonight.
    I aim to misbehave
  • kwiatdj1kwiatdj1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Remove everything from you character (including artifacts) , comp gear and bondings, all insignias and apply all to naked loadout .. it should work