test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ways to get companion upgrade tokens

tyraeldragontyraeldragon Member Posts: 89 Arc User
Are there any other ways to get companion upgrade token then to buy them from the zen store?
Icon_Build_Player_Paladin.png?version=425daf687d67683e0250b6ec43a2ee72

Hail and Kill,
Ulfrik Dragonsyre
Hero of Neverwinter
Retribution Paladin of the realm
Member of Tyrs Palladium Guild
Raising quality Dragons for mounts and pets

Comments

• unthoughtknownunthoughtknown Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    companion packs
    Post edited by unthoughtknown on
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    Challenge campaigns.
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    You can buy various Companion packs in the AH, Companion tab. They have a couple token drops plus a chance for a larger pack of tokens (and/or other companion stuff).

You can buy them with Neverember Incentives if you had a Neverember Recruit.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Zen market, auction house, Sybella's Challenge Campaigns, lockboxes.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    You can get them from Tales of the Old. Farm the trinkets, every 20 can be traded for a box, most of which have a token and a blood ruby.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • tyraeldragontyraeldragon Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    greywynd said:

What do I have to search for at the AH

Hail and Kill,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User

greywynd said:

https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Companion_Upgrade_Token
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

greywynd said:

https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Companion_Upgrade_Token
    WOW, I would need 120 so that's 8500 Zen or 3,000,000 AD on the AH as they only come in bundles of 45 each. Hardly seems worth it. My healer is epic right now, would be nice to have her legendary but....

Hail and Kill,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
    Or you can just save up AD for 10 days and pay out for the upgrade that way.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    greywynd said:

Maybe you know something I don't but it would take me much longer than that to save up 3,000,000 AD.

Hail and Kill,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    At last year's 5th anniversary we were all gifted more than enough companion tokens (over 120) to get 1 companion up to orange quality. I have no idea what will be given away this year. I cannot promise they will give us anything other than the standard items. The Protector's Jubilee is already on the game calendar in June. It offers a companion, mount, and permanent access to the roof top garden. You don't need to buy a key anymore, just attending the event seems to be enough for any character. I think the key is for characters you make up between events.

As for current methods; I have all 8 of my characters working the Campaign Challenge (soon to be renamed Legendary Campaigns) to make companion tokens. I get 15 medallions per character and turn them in for 5 tokens. This week I am now over 80, sometime next week I will have 120 to make an Epic companion go Legendary. If you have 2 level 80's, you could make as much as 10 per week and have 120 in 3 months. A grind for sure, but we can't expect any less from a free to play game.

greywynd said:

Maybe you know something I don't but it would take me much longer than that to save up 3,000,000 AD.
    It takes 1,000,000 AD per companion from epic to legendary. But I am assuming you are working from common to legendary? Even then it would be 1,800,000 AD and not 3 million. If you can manage to generate 100K RAD per day, it would be 1 million in 10 days. The only way to do it faster would be selling items in the Auction House.

wb-cenders.gif
    I have 5 tokens. They go for 1,000,000 per 45 on the AH and if there is even enough to buy that would be 3,000,000 AD is my point. I have never gotten a single token from a gift, reward or drop, the 5 I have are left over from buying some to upgrade to epic. As it is I cannot rely on the AH anyway as there is only one pack of 45 for sale over the entire AH at this time.

Hail and Kill,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Yes but why pay 3m AD to upgrade with tokens when you can just upgrade with AD and It cost 1M AD
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
    edited May 2019
    Ahhh I see now. Thanks. Now with that in mind what is the advantage of upgrading my healer to legendary?

Hail and Kill,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
    More stats. Bolster bonus.