test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Certain monsters are ignoring threat and attacking targets randomly

klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
edited May 2019 in Bug Reports (PC)
I have been noticing this in some dungeons, despite having threat throughout the encounter (I see it from the red marker), enemies won't attack me consistently and they'll switch to other targets.

Examples include, but not limited to:

1- Valindra in Valindra's Tower (although she doesn't always exhibit this strange behaviour)
2 - Malabog in Malabog's Castle
3 - The first boss in Spellplague Cavern Master
4 - Shores of Tuern's final boss (I'm not talking about the fireballs, I know those are randomly targeted at players outside melee range, I'm talking about his standard attacks).

And others I can't think of at the moment.
The way aggro is managed in those fights should be looked at, because it's not always working as intended.

Another thing I'd like to report, is that threat is removed if you go out of sight of target, if for one second, is this really intended? By accident it happens a lot, and it's seriously frustrating.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    drumon88drumon88 Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    As long as we're talking threat:

All Barbarian taunt mechanics ("places you at the top of the threat list") do not actually place you at the top of the threat list. I personally believe, especially on bosses, this is due to both having a control component that they are immune to, but can't come up with a good way to test that.

I am also doubtful that the "increased threat" mechanic on several abilities actually works, since I can hold aggro decently well in AoE situations but single-target I almost always lose it almost immediately and can't get it back, even when I'm significantly higher ilvl than the dps in the group/doing decent dps myself (did an FBI earlier where I was 2nd on paingiver chart but never got over half threat on Manticore or Drufi even when #1 on threat died and was rezzed, which should have reset threat for that player).
  • Options
    doug#6708 doug Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    As a squishy DPS, can confirm this bug lol