test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Radiant Strike

tyraeldragontyraeldragon Member Posts: 89 Arc User
Radiant Strike was recently nerfed to death and should be renamed "marshmallow fluff". While I still use it in my rotation due to it's rushing capability I'd like to see some DPS restored to this once reliant at-will.
Icon_Build_Player_Paladin.png?version=425daf687d67683e0250b6ec43a2ee72

Hail and Kill,
Ulfrik Dragonsyre
Hero of Neverwinter
Retribution Paladin of the realm
Member of Tyrs Palladium Guild
Raising quality Dragons for mounts and pets

Comments

• tyraeldragontyraeldragon Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    I also leave it in my rotation due to it's AOE 15' attack. Anyone else use this or what do you use in it's stead?
    Icon_Build_Player_Paladin.png?version=425daf687d67683e0250b6ec43a2ee72

Hail and Kill,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
    Retribution Paladin of the realm
    Member of Tyrs Palladium Guild
    Raising quality Dragons for mounts and pets
  • leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User

I also leave it in my rotation due to it's AOE 15' attack. Anyone else use this or what do you use in it's stead?

its alright to use shield strike to restore stamina when feat bugs, and oath strike to grab aggro when your dps is good.
  • eugeecoeugeeco Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    So after whacking on target dummies and parsing for awhile, I made my decisions for Justicar At-Wills:

1. Valorous Strike - Use it till 71 for single-target. It's good damage, but a slightly slower animation than Shielding Strike, no add-in effect, and physical damage.

2. Radiant Strike - Only use it till you get Oath Strike. The damage is now anemic; you have to hit at least 5 targets with it to even compare to the DPS of Valorous. If there are 4 targets, you will kill them faster with Valorous, one at a time. The exception is in combination with Sacred Weapon--but that's like 1/3 uptime--it's not great.

3. Oath Strike - If you hit 2 targets, it's comparable to your single target damage. 3 or more and you're doing more DPS. Add-on effect of increased threat, which is great, but no lunge effect. The simple truth is, we have lots of ways to grab aggro at range. Smite, Bane, Vow, etc. I find Relentless Avenger covers all the lunging I really need.

4. Shielding Strike - Same magnitude as Valorous, but slightly faster cast, radiant damage, plus restores stamina. It's just a fantastic at-will. As soon as you hit 71 this is your go-to.

So I made the switch to Oath Strike, and don't miss it at all. I normally run with Smite, Relentless Avenger, and Burning Light for encounters. If I'm with a group making terrible aggro decisions, I'll change Relentless to Vow of Enmity.