test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Another bonding runestone nerf 60-63%, I have no desire to play lower level content!!!!

dagambitdagambit Member Posts: 187 Arc User
So a few days ago I started to open up and go through these challenge campaigns to see if they where worth my time. Low and behold I realize they are not worth my time and effort. I spent 4 plus years playing NW on console and PC only to have my power stripped if I enter content lower that 80. Mod 16 proved to me the Cryptic does not respect players time nor money he/she may have spent. A MMORPG should reward it's player's for progression by allow them to get stronger, not punishing them for going back and playing lower level content. That's what Mod 16 does to it player for going back into level 70 or lower content.

I have a Rank 14 bonding runestone that drop to 24% in SKT, 26% in RD and Chult. At Rank 14 that's 59% power loss in SKT and 60% in RD and Chult. When I upgrade it to Rank 15 that is a 60-63% power loss times 3. Where is my incentive to do level 70 or lower content? All my hard work, time, and even money wasted. I paid money to help Cryptic out when I 1st started playing because I enjoyed the game, after Mod 16 I feel like boo boo the fool. I will stick to level 80 content, no desire to play lower level content if I am going to be regressed this hard. Progression null and void copy that!

Maybe I am wrong about the percentage nerf, this is how I came to my answer.

Bonding Rank 15 70% of your companion stats. In Tranny of the dragon 26%
44/70 = 0.6285
0.63 x 100 = 63
if you have 3 rank 15s 63 x 3 = 189% in stat loss (Once again where is the incentive?) Is this really how a company treats the hard work of their players?
Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (PC)
Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (XB1)
Rogue - Serenity (PS4)

Comments

• Options
    kinamara#3934 kinamara Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    dagambit said:

So a few days ago I started to open up and go through these challenge campaigns to see if they where worth my time. Low and behold I realize they are not worth my time and effort. I spent 4 plus years playing NW on console and PC only to have my power stripped if I enter content lower that 80. Mod 16 proved to me the Cryptic does not respect players time nor money he/she may have spent. A MMORPG should reward it's player's for progression by allow them to get stronger, not punishing them for going back and playing lower level content. That's what Mod 16 does to it player for going back into level 70 or lower content.

I have a Rank 14 bonding runestone that drop to 24% in SKT, 26% in RD and Chult. At Rank 14 that's 59% power loss in SKT and 60% in RD and Chult. When I upgrade it to Rank 15 that is a 60-63% power loss times 3. Where is my incentive to do level 70 or lower content? All my hard work, time, and even money wasted. I paid money to help Cryptic out when I 1st started playing because I enjoyed the game, after Mod 16 I feel like boo boo the fool. I will stick to level 80 content, no desire to play lower level content if I am going to be regressed this hard. Progression null and void copy that!

Maybe I am wrong about the percentage nerf, this is how I came to my answer.

Bonding Rank 15 70% of your companion stats. In Tranny of the dragon 26%
    44/70 = 0.6285
    0.63 x 100 = 63
    if you have 3 rank 15s 63 x 3 = 189% in stat loss (Once again where is the incentive?) Is this really how a company treats the hard work of their players?

Sadly they answered why should players bother progression their character anymore....They answer was LOMM and future mods.... because it is fun to put tons of time and effort to be more powerful in a single dungeon apparently..... For those that find that is enough well good for them I hope they have fun. but I spend pretty much all my game time playing other games or just getting outdoors more lol, if anything I can thank Neverwinter for Mod 16, it has made living a healthier active lifestyle much more appealing than gaming....
  • Options
    dagambitdagambit Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    I feel you there both of you. I Love RPG's especially MMOs but when the developers don't value their player base the game and the company becomes hard to support. Maybe after Mod 17 I will try it again.
    Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (PC)
    Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (XB1)
    Rogue - Serenity (PS4)
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i may not trust mod 17, gonna feel like a new bait and switch, just like tv ads on AT&T's "just okay in not an okay", when they said it all good, but some players are not happy and some cant even play, most want it fix asap but not in 3-4 weeks or longer, they lost faith and no longer trust after they did "Mod 6" twice.
    question is, will they repeat Mod 6 for 3rd time?
  • Options
    aratecharatech Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    wylonus said:

i may not trust mod 17, gonna feel like a new bait and switch, just like tv ads on AT&T's "just okay in not an okay", when they said it all good, but some players are not happy and some cant even play, most want it fix asap but not in 3-4 weeks or longer, they lost faith and no longer trust after they did "Mod 6" twice.
    question is, will they repeat Mod 6 for 3rd time?

Oh, I'm sure they'll come up with a reason to raise the level cap to 90 at some point...assuming the game survives this debacle...
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    edited May 2019

Sadly they answered why should players bother progression their character anymore....They answer was LOMM and future mods.... because it is fun to put tons of time and effort to be more powerful in a single dungeon apparently..... For those that find that is enough well good for them I hope they have fun. but I spend pretty much all my game time playing other games or just getting outdoors more lol, if anything I can thank Neverwinter for Mod 16, it has made living a healthier active lifestyle much more appealing than gaming....

So for those of us who don't pursue getting into the latest/greatest dungeon when they are released - and never have....we are just...what...irrelevant, unnecessary? Wannabe NPCs?

On the bright side - I too am noticing a small bump in my monthly income. I'm coming up on my first month anniversary of not spending in the game - a few bucks saved that would normally be spent here in NWO really does add up over time.