test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lockboxes

makaveli695makaveli695 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
Lockboxes on this game are a scam opened 102 today and not 1 legendary mount never spending money on this again

Comments

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Does it say somewhere you are guaranteed a drop?
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    102 lol. Add a 0. Then maybe you'll get one.
  • littledanger#4115 littledanger Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    Yeah, plan for a minimum of 300-400, and even then still very low odds.
  • golfnut39golfnut39 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Yeah it a rip off on the lockboxes. They only give to the people that spend hundreds of dollars in game.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    golfnut39 said:

Yeah it a rip off on the lockboxes. They only give to the people that spend hundreds of dollars in game.

that's not true. I haven't given this game any money in awhile now and never straight up for lockboxes. I've gotten about 4 leg drops on xbox 2 or 3 on pc and 1 on ps4.

but expecting to get one when using 100 keys is a bit starry eyed. there was a period when the xchange was down to 111 for zen. I popped A LOT of keys. hundreds of keys and never got a leg drop. 2 of my drops have been just with the daily key. it really is just rng with very poor odds
  • kinamara#3934 kinamara Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Well most of the "testing" done on the test server seems to show the odds of getting a legendary mount or companion for that matter is more like 1 in 500..... so yeah, it basically is a scam for the most part but you see people getting them from time to time and it makes people think hey they got it so can I, and the hope of cryptic is they will just buy keys until they do.... it is just a pure gamble (which is why some countries do not allow games that have the lockbox type of loot.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

Well most of the "testing" done on the test server seems to show the odds of getting a legendary mount or companion for that matter is more like 1 in 500..... so yeah, it basically is a scam for the most part but you see people getting them from time to time and it makes people think hey they got it so can I, and the hope of cryptic is they will just buy keys until they do.... it is just a pure gamble (which is why some countries do not allow games that have the lockbox type of loot.

yeah I did a lot of lockboxes on test. I did get one.. I did have 500 keys so that rings true to me lol I've also heard of people going thru 1000 keys and not getting one though so ymmv ofc
  • johnnyreklaw#1518 johnnyreklaw Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Think of lockboxes like Vegas, or really anywhere that gambling is prevalent: the house always win.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited May 2019

golfnut39 said:

that's not true. I haven't given this game any money in awhile now and never straight up for lockboxes. I've gotten about 4 leg drops on xbox 2 or 3 on pc and 1 on ps4.

but expecting to get one when using 100 keys is a bit starry eyed. there was a period when the xchange was down to 111 for zen. I popped A LOT of keys. hundreds of keys and never got a leg drop. 2 of my drops have been just with the daily key. it really is just rng with very poor odds
    There is less than a 1% at a legendary mount/box. The actual % odd is around .10-.12%. Some LB have higher odds than other but overall I would bet that the goal is to make legendary mounts a .1% odd. Given this, the average number of LB you need to open to get a legendary mount would be around 900; however, that is not a guarantee. I did over 2K at once and got zero legendary, so think before you waste money on this game. If you want a legendary mount so bad, simply put your money into zen, convert the zen and buy it out right. Or save your AD and buy it. Those are my recommendation because 900 keys is a lot more than $100-150 to buy it out right.

I have opened close to 5K boxes since the game started on PS4 and I have gotten 1 legendary mount and it was from a daily key. Getting a legendary mount is complete RNG; though given how RNG works in this game, I honestly feel that some players simply have better RNG than others. I know one player just using daily keys got 10 legendary glorious boxes in a year, roughly 1 a month just from using their daily key. Others have my luck.

I say screw RNG and simply buy the one you want instead of wasting money buying keys and hoping RNG is in your favor.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Think of lockboxes like Vegas, or really anywhere that gambling is prevalent: the house always win.

The LB is designed to represent a value of $1.25 in the LB when you open it. There are days where the value within the LB is higher and other days where it is lower. I tend to see on average my LB worth around $0.50 daily. I rarely get anything worth of value, I would gladly take LB with greater mark of potency; instead I get gems that are not worth the value to me as I'm maxed with everything and it makes the LB worthless to me on most days.

Over all the LB needs a revamp like the game. IMO, it needs a bad luck counter added to it to encourage players to buy them more often. Imagine if every 100 LB you get an epic or legendary award do to a bad luck counter that increases your odd of landing one of the top awards. This would boost key sales if players knew the odds of getting a legendary mount has increased based on back luck.

Other games I play use this tactic and I see more boxes with epic items being awarded because of this and players don't seem as negative towards the LB use in the game.