test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Class question

ashisbrinashisbrin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
Hello. Fairly new player here and a bit confused. So, I have made 3 characters. My ranger and wizard, I am happy with, even at low level. Not sure about the paladin I made though. My question is this: in other D&D games, paladins could wield 2 handed weapons, but in this game it seems to be limited to a one handed weapon and shield. So, which is a better option: continue with the paladin ( I am not a fan of the sword and shield play style) or give up? Not sure what other class is viable or fun to play. Also, is healing really important or more dps for soloing? In some games, having self healing is a good thing, but not sure how healing potions work in this game yet. Sorry. I used to play, but not in a few years and never got to high level.

Comments

• Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    With how the game works, they can't take into account all the weapon options available to pen and paper dnd. So we are stuck with just one type of weapon (one handers for fighters/paladins or 2 handers for Barbarians). If you want to be able to tank with a 2 hander, I would suggest Barbarians, they have both tank and dps builds. I find that more dps is better than having a heal. You heal out of combat very quickly, so try not to pull too much at a time, and for bosses or tougher mobs, learn their attacks and try to dodge/block the larger attacks. Potions have a rather long cooldown (18 seconds iirc). Some classes do have a power that can heal, though not all.
  • Options
    Cool. Thanks. I really like the cleric. Not because the healing, but for the damage. I know that seems silly, but It is fun. I am also really liking wizard. For my other character, I am thinking either barbarian or ranger. I tried rogue, but was not really impressed with their mechanics.
  • Options
    fenrir4lifefenrir4life Member Posts: 295 Arc User
    What god does your paladin serve? If they serve one of the elven gods, ranger can be a good narrative fit. If they're a zealot or avenger-type paladin, barbarian can work well.
  • Options
    I changed my paladin to a barbarian. Still have my cleric and my wizard. I might also get some a couple more character slots because 3 just don't seem enough, but I thought I should level some before I do that.
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Once you get all 3 to 80, 3 is a lot if you want them to be equally able to complete content.

Eventually you will be able to add more.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    Cool. Thanks.