test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Impossible to play as a tank in a dungeon, any class is as resistant as you are.

abelcoeurdacierabelcoeurdacier Member Posts: 36 Arc User
I am a guardian fighter, I don't do any damage, I have a musty blockage (tab) and another one that is useless (shift), I'm here for the noble purpose of protecting my group, except that my group doesn't care,

It controls 10 monster packs, it dodges a thousand shots just by slipping/sliding/teleporting without receiving any damage, and at worst the healer is behind them buffering them like pigs,
so why wait for the tank?
The first time you try to help,to save them, but in fact you take more damage than they do, the blockage holds 1s and the rest you run for your life.

We are pathetics, tanks (I have a score of 21k ,400k pv and 130k defense).

Even the end-of-level boss, they pass them without the tank,
I let the band play alone (hopefully they all used their expulsion vote) and they just have to dodge to do it.

So we said super-powerful controls, dodges, but in addition there are equipments.

In module 16 almost all tank equipment is accessible to the other classes, 2 rings from the start of the undermontain give you 12000 in defense ,it's ridiculous!

Then there are the 100% spamable life potions every 10s, the group and solo resurrection, the resurrection enchantment,...

how do you expect the players to take care of the tank with everything they have for their survival?

We also talk about the vote to expel the tank because it hangs behind the group?

It is disastrous the tank class in module 16, you managed to do worse than module 15.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

A french dwarf.

Comments

• Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User

I am a guardian fighter, I don't do any damage, I have a musty blockage (tab) and another one that is useless (shift), I'm here for the noble purpose of protecting my group, except that my group doesn't care,

It controls 10 monster packs, it dodges a thousand shots just by slipping/sliding/teleporting without receiving any damage, and at worst the healer is behind them buffering them like pigs,
    The first time you try to help,to save them, but in fact you take more damage than they do, the blockage holds 1s and the rest you run for your life.

I let the band play alone (hopefully they all used their expulsion vote) and they just have to dodge to do it.

So we said super-powerful controls, dodges, but in addition there are equipments.

In module 16 almost all tank equipment is accessible to the other classes, 2 rings from the start of the undermontain give you 12000 in defense ,it's ridiculous!

Then there are the 100% spamable life potions every 10s, the group and solo resurrection, the resurrection enchantment,...

how do you expect the players to take care of the tank with everything they have for their survival?

We also talk about the vote to expel the tank because it hangs behind the group?

It is disastrous the tank class in module 16, you managed to do worse than module 15.

A french dwarf.

Consider what it was like last mod...if you think no one cares now, they really didn't care before they lost much of their ability to self-sustain.

As I've told a friend in my guild, you can't really use fresh Undermountain campaign content as a fair bar for class interaction, at least not when you're dealing with characters fully equipped for the current end-game. Not everyone can survive without you, and in many cases they will kill more efficiently with your support.

Tanks also run faster than nearly everyone now thanks to their role passive. Throw on Gladiator's Guile, take the movement speed boon, and you're good to go.

TL;DR: I don't see tanks being useless going forward. If anything, they should end up being more consistently useful for upcoming content than they were up until this point.

Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    1. Consider why are players running forward
    In my experience tank players want to play a tank role so that everyone stays, always, behind them. This won't happen, especially in ME where faster and more experienced players will move forward in order to stand on any red circle runes that explode and avoid them by shifting away. This is a beneficial strategy.

2. Learn to play a new tank and collect mobs according to team-members merits!
    On another hand, most tanks do not even understand how to collect/aggro mobs properly so that the team can utilize powers. Remember that encounters have 15+ sec, if not more. If anyone wastes them on just one small group of enemies, it will increase the time by a lot!

3. Wait until new dungeons!
    Most tanks at the current meta do not know what to do even. Players understand that things are still broken. Wanting to finish something faster is a common trait to do. I, as a Wizard, can't expect a tank who came to play in MOD 10 to understand my Wizard playstyle in a PUG group and a Clock strategy I had in Valindra at MOD2-MOD3. This sort of a tank does not understand what and why I collect 20+ mobs so that me and my other Wizard friend can effectively use AoE powers and rebuild our AP.

4. Don't **** up your ally AoE Powers!
    Then, most tanks do not understand how AoE players work nor know how to keep mobs at a specific place. They like to send mobs flying around without caring for either Wizard's circles or Warlock's circles. When you do this and either a Wizard or Warlock tells you to stop it, and yet you continue sending mobs flying away, then yes you deserve to be completely and utterly ignored by all accounts. Same goes for Barbies. Don't be surprised to see a Wizard using repel in that case and let's see how you like it then.

5. Consider your party powers and skills. Observe them. Learn them. Be a better tank!

Yes, welcome to MOD16 where you actually have to do more than just stand in one place with temporary HP. Go figure!
    Tanks should collect mobs everywhere, between 10 and 15 mobs at a time. And go around the group in small circular radius, so that the group can actually damage enemies with AoE powers.

6.Tanks can do damage easily.

This was a 20K tanky guy.
    https://imgur.com/7mFzqvE
    Divine Judgment 390K damage! Boss melter. And not to mention how fast AP gain is for tanks...

Aside from Ice Knife that can potentially hit for 500K once every other Christmas, I do not have a single other power that can hit for that much. I have other powers that I have to use in a specific time, in a specific way, in a specific scenario in order to even be useful.
    https://imgur.com/mrp5ZEn

And this was a Fighter, not much, 19K guy who played with me. Still hits strongly and will only get stronger.
    https://imgur.com/kDBzMGN

7. Don't be that tank who takes 2-3 mobs only and calls it a day.
    Wasting daily on 3 mobs is stupid. Wasting Encounters on three mobs is stupid. If your team already does not need much tanking, that's because they have considered upgrading their HP. I have almost 300K HP without putting any Radiants in Defense slot, nor using any Defense options.

8. People are getting good in "not dying in the first 2 sec"
    Have you considered that people got a bit good after playing insta-death meta? Yeah, well, playing Castle Ravenloft and playing in Hardcore Dungeons surely left some idea to people how to take care of themselves and properly prepare, no? Furthermore, unless you get attacked by 10 mobs, you won't die that easily.

Things changed drastically, give it some time, eventually it might turn out to be good. Until then don't just post how tanks have no role, especially since life-steal was taken away so of course that tanking is needed more nowadays, especially for smoother gameplay. Sure, mobs don't hit for 2.000.000 HP, but that was the whole point because you go with 3DPS ideally in a team.
    Again, give it some time and get adjusted.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options
    cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User

A french dwarf.

Tanks aren't needed in the solo part of the campaigns and I would argue should never be needed for solo content. They never will and if they do make it a requirement expectations should be for all of the dps classes to leave the game or have a huge amount of complaints with large amounts of people leaving the game. Every class should have viable options outside of health pots to finish content in the solo campaigns. I shouldn't need a tank that follows me around to grab solo content aggro so I can finish it. What should need tanks is the multi player content such as dungeons. That is where the tanks should be needed and shine. Right now the issue with randoms is that the skirmishes don't place the holy trinity into them which is why content that is balanced around having someone damage sponge attacks is practically impossible and more so with the scaling of older content.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • Options
    fenrir4lifefenrir4life Member Posts: 295 Arc User

In my experience tank players want to play a tank role so that everyone stays, always, behind them. This won't happen, especially in ME where faster and more experienced players will move forward in order to stand on any red circle runes that explode and avoid them by shifting away. This is a beneficial strategy.

On another hand, most tanks do not even understand how to collect/aggro mobs properly so that the team can utilize powers. Remember that encounters have 15+ sec, if not more. If anyone wastes them on just one small group of enemies, it will increase the time by a lot!

Most tanks at the current meta do not know what to do even. Players understand that things are still broken. Wanting to finish something faster is a common trait to do. I, as a Wizard, can't expect a tank who came to play in MOD 10 to understand my Wizard playstyle in a PUG group and a Clock strategy I had in Valindra at MOD2-MOD3. This sort of a tank does not understand what and why I collect 20+ mobs so that me and my other Wizard friend can effectively use AoE powers and rebuild our AP.

Then, most tanks do not understand how AoE players work nor know how to keep mobs at a specific place. They like to send mobs flying around without caring for either Wizard's circles or Warlock's circles. When you do this and either a Wizard or Warlock tells you to stop it, and yet you continue sending mobs flying away, then yes you deserve to be completely and utterly ignored by all accounts. Same goes for Barbies. Don't be surprised to see a Wizard using repel in that case and let's see how you like it then.

5. Consider your party powers and skills. Observe them. Learn them. Be a better tank!

Yes, welcome to MOD16 where you actually have to do more than just stand in one place with temporary HP. Go figure!
    Tanks should collect mobs everywhere, between 10 and 15 mobs at a time. And go around the group in small circular radius, so that the group can actually damage enemies with AoE powers.

Divine Judgment 390K damage! Boss melter. And not to mention how fast AP gain is for tanks...

Aside from Ice Knife that can potentially hit for 500K once every other Christmas, I do not have a single other power that can hit for that much. I have other powers that I have to use in a specific time, in a specific way, in a specific scenario in order to even be useful.

And this was a Fighter, not much, 19K guy who played with me. Still hits strongly and will only get stronger.

Wasting daily on 3 mobs is stupid. Wasting Encounters on three mobs is stupid. If your team already does not need much tanking, that's because they have considered upgrading their HP. I have almost 300K HP without putting any Radiants in Defense slot, nor using any Defense options.

Have you considered that people got a bit good after playing insta-death meta? Yeah, well, playing Castle Ravenloft and playing in Hardcore Dungeons surely left some idea to people how to take care of themselves and properly prepare, no? Furthermore, unless you get attacked by 10 mobs, you won't die that easily.

Things changed drastically, give it some time, eventually it might turn out to be good. Until then don't just post how tanks have no role, especially since life-steal was taken away so of course that tanking is needed more nowadays, especially for smoother gameplay. Sure, mobs don't hit for 2.000.000 HP, but that was the whole point because you go with 3DPS ideally in a team.

You know, I'd love to not knock things around. I'd absolutely love that. I'm melee; things I knock away, I then have to chase down again.

Unfortunately, the devs, in their ...wisdom, gave the Vanguard exactly zero usable AoEs that don't have knockback. I'd love it if they switched Shield Slam from a knockback to a prone, but until they do, it's my only way of building threat quickly on multiple targets.

I'd love to round up an extra pack on some pull, but dps just can't keep it in their pants long enough, and then we've got mobs running everywhere.

Dealing with a party that is absolutely convinced that you are superfluous to the run, but that it's also your fault every time someone dies, is more stress than the AD at the end is worth. Between toxic, entitled players and hideously badly built feat trees, I won't be surprised if we hit another tank shortage, and this time you won't have the unkillable OP meta to prop up the numbers.
  • Options
    aratecharatech Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User

You know, I'd love to not knock things around. I'd absolutely love that. I'm melee; things I knock away, I then have to chase down again.

Unfortunately, the devs, in their ...wisdom, gave the Vanguard exactly zero usable AoEs that don't have knockback. I'd love it if they switched Shield Slam from a knockback to a prone, but until they do, it's my only way of building threat quickly on multiple targets.

I'd love to round up an extra pack on some pull, but dps just can't keep it in their pants long enough, and then we've got mobs running everywhere.

Dealing with a party that is absolutely convinced that you are superfluous to the run, but that it's also your fault every time someone dies, is more stress than the AD at the end is worth. Between toxic, entitled players and hideously badly built feat trees, I won't be surprised if we hit another tank shortage, and this time you won't have the unkillable OP meta to prop up the numbers.
    My sympathies for what it's worth.

Apart from some people who insist that broken mechanics representing a challenge is a good thing, I believe that its fair to say, regardless of how you feel about the scaling, this entire module was very badly executed and needed a lot more time before it was released....