test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Companion's tooltips is a mess

escapados2escapados2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
edited May 2019 in General Discussion (PC)
Searching for companion with outgoing healing effect I noticed that tooltips for them is a complete disaster.
For example:
Polar Bear Cub (green) 4% outgoing healing, +500 def (blue) 2% outgoing healing +0 def (purple) 8% outgoing healing +1500 def.
Ioun stone of radians (green) on AH 2% outgoing heal +0 def (under Ctrl+J) 4% outgoing healing +500 def
Neverember Guard (under Ctrl+J) blue 6% outgoing heal +1000 Awarness, but on AH for both green and blue (!) 2% outgoing heal, +0 Awarness.

Is it so hard for Devs to be consistent in tooltips. There is no guarantee that heal percentage is working, so what is the reason to buy companions with outgoing healing (problem with +0 i notices mainly occures with them).
Can anyone could confirm better healing with those companions, are they worth investing in them?

Comments

• Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Uh, wait to next step when you see that the companion does a complete different thing that the tooltip says, if you are lucky, or when you see that it does nothing.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Well, add to that, that most healer companions are bloody useless now, even with 3 +10% healing companion equipment and other bonuses, i'm currently trying to find a decent healer companion for my adventures, but it seems that the Devs have wrecked all of them equaly into oblivion.

And they haven't updated the companion discount coupons either, with the changes to the companion categories the coupons dropping right now are not working anymore.
    If they find time to fix that somewhere in the future, they might also want to add those new companion categories to the Auction House, finding a fitting companion has turned into a painfull quest itself now.

It would be nice to know when they will fix any of those companion issues...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    fenrir4lifefenrir4life Member Posts: 295 Arc User
    On top of which, they've removed the ability to inspect companions on the auction house or in the collection window, so you have to go outside the game, to a resource that may or may not be up to date, to have any clue of what they do... or else buy blind.

I'm hoping that was a bug and not a deliberate design change.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    ... btw. where did the option to rename a companion go?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    raiderone000raiderone000 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Several Companion changes at first seemed bad, weren't bad. Like Companion Items and the switch to Runestones.

But my biggest issues with the Companion changes is the new categories Defense, Offense and Utility.
    1)I have multiple Companions that are now a waste due this change. Some spent actual money to Upgrade.
    They cannot be slotted due to this change. When you prefer another Utility, Offense or Defense. When before no issue.
    Some Characters have one Offense or Defense or Utility Slot.

2)Companions don't specify Defense, Offense and Utility in Auction House/Zen Market/Trade Bar Exchange. I've bought and used Companion then found out couldn't use it on specific toon. All Companions should be BOUND to ACCOUNT and allowed to be moved. Plus Companions need more Clarification to TYPE... ie Offense/Defense/Utility.

I shouldn't need to search all current Companions to DETERMINE TYPE. So any new Companion, it's good luck
  • Options
    pakatapoespakatapoes Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    You can check companion in the campaign window ] . Go to zone rewards and than scroll up , you will find companions .There you will have all the info you need , if they are beast or mystic and what they do - Defense- Offense - Utility .
  • Options
    raiderone000raiderone000 Member Posts: 87 Arc User

You can check companion in the campaign window ] . Go to zone rewards and than scroll up , you will find companions .There you will have all the info you need , if they are beast or mystic and what they do - Defense- Offense - Utility .

Companions don't show what Type in Rewards Zone. Only Beast, Creature, Fighter etc. Companions show Defense, Offense or Utility only after consuming them into your Character in Manage All Companions.