test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Extra Lag helps Profession Efficiency

Since Mod 15 rolled out, producing something using professions has become a major mouse-click event. I'm sure many players have been concerned about Carpal Tunnel issues as they endlessly click Create ... move mouse up to confirmation button ... click accept object .... move mouse back to morale button ... click Create ... etc.

But, with the increase in lag, and the brilliant programming of the devs .... they implemented a BUFFER for the morale event. So, if the lag is high ... which is often is .... while you are waiting for the confirmation (I did it) window to appear, you can continue pressing the Morale/Create button. IF you are lucky, you can create 4-6 items **WITHOUT MOVING YOUR MOUSE***!! It is amazing how much more productive it is .... click repeatedly on the Morale button (without moving the mouse).... then the confirmation window appears ... move to the confirmation box and click repeatedly *in the same location* to accept what they made .... no wrist action, no Carpal strain. IT's WONDERFUL.

My wrist thanks you for all the lag.
Hey, it was positive feedback :-)

Comments

• agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    I'm not sure what you really mean by a buffer for the morale event.

But I also have huge lag in the profession craft window, as well as the mimic on the Stronghold. Not only lag, but also (and mainly) a huge fps reduction. I'm playing normally on the workshop and the stronghold, I open the window and BAM 1 fps until I close that window. That surely is annoying as hell, good thing there isn't anything worth crafting currently.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User

Since Mod 15 rolled out, producing something using professions has become a major mouse-click event. I'm sure many players have been concerned about Carpal Tunnel issues as they endlessly click Create ... move mouse up to confirmation button ... click accept object .... move mouse back to morale button ... click Create ... etc.

But, with the increase in lag, and the brilliant programming of the devs .... they implemented a BUFFER for the morale event. So, if the lag is high ... which is often is .... while you are waiting for the confirmation (I did it) window to appear, you can continue pressing the Morale/Create button. IF you are lucky, you can create 4-6 items **WITHOUT MOVING YOUR MOUSE***!! It is amazing how much more productive it is .... click repeatedly on the Morale button (without moving the mouse).... then the confirmation window appears ... move to the confirmation box and click repeatedly *in the same location* to accept what they made .... no wrist action, no Carpal strain. IT's WONDERFUL.

You do know that you can move the windows to alleviate movement right? so you just have to left click through
  • drartwhodentdrartwhodent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 301 Arc User
    You can just hit 'Enter' to confirm.
    Right hand clicks on create, left hand hits the Enter key, repeat without moving either hand.
    DON'T
    PANIC!
  • altmerpoweraltmerpower Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 101 Arc User
    agilesto said:

I'm not sure what you really mean by a buffer for the morale event.

But I also have huge lag in the profession craft window, as well as the mimic on the Stronghold. Not only lag, but also (and mainly) a huge fps reduction. I'm playing normally on the workshop and the stronghold, I open the window and BAM 1 fps until I close that window. That surely is annoying as hell, good thing there isn't anything worth crafting currently.

Thank you!! I have exactly same bug as you have.
    You wrote almost same words as I did earlyer today in my post called/undermauntain shop slime-covered gear pack.
    Now I know that I am not only one with this bug and there is others out there suffering as I do when I try to donate or use N key for workshop and that makes me feel much better :)
  • drinkvernors#7197 drinkvernors Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    empalas said:

You do know that you can move the windows to alleviate movement right? so you just have to left click through
    Moving the windows is not possible when playing in windowed mode, there is not enough space to move them over each other. It appears the devs work full screen in 4k resolution ...

By 'Buffer' I mean you can click the Morale/create button repeatedly and the clicks will be 'remembered' once the acknowledgement window appears. This allows you to click the 'accept' button several times before switching back to the morale button again.
  • alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User

Right hand clicks on create, left hand hits the Enter key, repeat without moving either hand.

This doesn't work for me reliably. Half the time the lag causes the Enter to not register, and instead my chat window becomes active. Then I have to click Enter again to get back to the normal window.

Is there a way to get around this?

Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User

empalas said:

Moving the windows is not possible when playing in windowed mode, there is not enough space to move them over each other. It appears the devs work full screen in 4k resolution ...

By 'Buffer' I mean you can click the Morale/create button repeatedly and the clicks will be 'remembered' once the acknowledgement window appears. This allows you to click the 'accept' button several times before switching back to the morale button again.
    I went down to as low as 1200x900 pixels windowed...1k and can move the professions window so I can just click on the craft button and confirm...repeat. How small a window are you trying to play in? you can also change interface scale in options interface general and that should allow you to move it. I'm just pointing out that you don't have to play anywhere near 4k res and there are workarounds if you really want to alleviate the issue.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited May 2019

This doesn't work for me reliably. Half the time the lag causes the Enter to not register, and instead my chat window becomes active. Then I have to click Enter again to get back to the normal window.

Is there a way to get around this?

You don't need to do that in sequence.

Right hand click the mouse non-stop. (Don't move the mouse)
    Left hand hit the [Enter] non-stop.
    Two action does not have to be in sync.
    This works in many situation in addition to workshop.
    This is not new neither.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User

just hold enter down and hit the create button