test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

25$ for a bagslot ?.

diggotdiggot Member Posts: 40 Arc User

Started playing NW yesterday and got my Cleric to 26, both bank and inventbag is getting full,
so i looked up how many Zen it'll cost to buy a slot for a bag.. 1200 Zen, and since we can only buy
either 1000 or 2k+ Zen, i would be forced to pay 25$ to open up a single extra bagslot.. ONE bagslot.

I asked around in the zonechat and apparently there are quests that players can complete
to open up more slots, but i haven't seen able to find a single quest on Google for this.

Anyone have any advice on getting more slots for bags?.

Btw.. I think that people has forgotten the meaning of the term Micro-transaction.. micro, 25$ isn't micro.

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Bag SLOTS are all included. Bags themselves, you have to pay for or get through other means. You get a free bag at the end of Blacklake District after defeating Karzov. You get another when you finish the Staff of Savras campaign (starts before level 10? ends before level 30, Knox should have directed you to talk to Sybella in the Halls of Justice Vault). And you get another when you complete Neverdeath Graveyard, which you should be doing at your level. You also have a small chance to get a bag from the dragons in the Tyranny of Dragons campaign.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Not to mention that you can spend the remaining zen on other items or services, or convert it to AD if you don't want anything else. Or wait until you have a discount coupon or bags go on sale.
  • Options
    budushiebudushie Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    yea the stuff on the zen store is a bit overpriced if it was cut by like 40% probly sell alot more stuff
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,234 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    1. As mentioned, you cannot buy bag slot. You can buy bag.
    2. You can buy bag from AH.
    3. If you want to buy bag from Zen, don't forget about using coupon or wait for Zen store sale.
    4. The cheapest way to increase inventory capacity (for non character bound and not require immediate access items) is character slots.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    I picked up the bags from Blacklake/Karzov, then the Order of the Third Eye campaign/Sybella, then the Neverdeath/Clockwork Guild one. That amount of storage lasted me quite a while.

Occasionally they have sales on, I bought some Zen when it was on sale/had a bonus, then used that when there was a 'services' sale to buy extra Account bank and Personal bank space.

After that, I bought some more Zen, and when the next large sale (40% off) came along, I bought the Dragonborn Legends pack (or whatever it was called) - free large bag, purple mount, purple Augment companion and some gear etc. - for every character on your account.

I also buy VIP whenever I think I will be playing regularly for a while, and as it turns out, they have recently been having 'special VIP discounts' where you can buy a Runic bag for half price (800 Zen instead of 1600) so that adds another big chunk of storage. (Can only buy 1 bag per account on that discount, but so far they ran it twice.)

So if you make use of the free bags, and shop wisely for any purchased bags, you can see that you can do a lot better than $25 for a bag.
  • Options
    omegaospreyomegaosprey Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    At OP, this game is for whales. If you can't find enjoyment being a minnow then probably should move on.
  • Options
    aerthynaerthyn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    You can also buy bags from the Auction House for AD, although they can be more expensive if you compare Zen:AD but you can collect the AD for free and save up. The summer festival is also coming up and there is normally a 40% off the ZEN market prices.
  • Options

I've completed by the Karzov and staff questlines and haven't receives ANY additional bagslots
    where i can place my bags. I'm still on 1 slot with the basic bag, nothing more.
    So either my account if bugged, or you're thinking that bagslots = bags.
  • Options
    adders79#8251 adders79 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    You do not unlock bag slots you have a certain amount by default and any bags you get will slot into these, but you have to manually assign them. You definitely should have gotten a bag as a direct reward from the blacklake questline. Have a look in your bag and see if there is a bag in there. If there is double click on it and this will then assign it to one of your open bag slots. If you bag was full it may have gone into your overflow bag, which is a bag the game makes you use if you pick up items that you have no space for. If it is in your overflow bag you will need to move it into your main bag before you can use the item
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited May 2019
    diggot said:

I've completed by the Karzov and staff questlines and haven't receives ANY additional bagslots
    where i can place my bags. I'm still on 1 slot with the basic bag, nothing more.

Check in that bag for the other bags, they don't auto-equip anymore. That lead to issues.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,234 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    diggot said:

Bag slot icons are shown in the bottom of your inventory windows. There are 7 of them. You put bag into the bag slot to expand inventory size. If you have a bag in your inventory and you double click it, it will be equipped into the bag slot and you can see the extra bag in your inventory. If you have done all the basic quests, you should have 4 (or may be 3) bags without buying anything.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    Apparently i was blind from the very start, because when i looked closer, i had 5 bagslots open,
    they just didn't show clearly enough due to my gamma-setting.
    /hint. Maybe an indication on equipping your first bag when you get it from killing Karzov ?.
    (for new players).
  • Options
    fenrir4lifefenrir4life Member Posts: 295 Arc User
    budushie said:

yea the stuff on the zen store is a bit overpriced if it was cut by like 40% probly sell alot more stuff

Oh, definitely. I'm happy to spend 5 bucks a week on a game I'm enjoying; no different from a beer with dinner. I'm not about to spend 40-50 bucks on some zeroes and ones, though.
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    maybe they will give us another bag for anniversary event this year. I do think they need to have ways to get more smaller bags in game.
  • Options
    nemesrichnemesrich Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

Bag SLOTS are all included. Bags themselves, you have to pay for or get through other means. You get a free bag at the end of Blacklake District after defeating Karzov. You get another when you finish the Staff of Savras campaign (starts before level 10? ends before level 30, Knox should have directed you to talk to Sybella in the Halls of Justice Vault). And you get another when you complete Neverdeath Graveyard, which you should be doing at your level. You also have a small chance to get a bag from the dragons in the Tyranny of Dragons campaign.

this.

those bags are perfectly enough. I am curious what is in your bag as there are no more equipment drops.