test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Apprentice gear is pointless.

feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
Why is apprentice gear so expensive to refine in time and resources when its buffs are inferior to those of IL 950 gear and any player who has done enough MEs to restore the ruined gear will, by then, have a full set of the 950 gear from expeditions with buffs that make it superior to the restored IL 965 apprentice gear?

The restoration requirements should be reduced and the apprentice gear buffs should be improved. Otherwise there's no reason at all for it to exist in the game.

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Actually it is not entirely useless - one of the pieces (cannot check as I'm at work right now, but...boots, I think) actually has a decent bonus. the gear for the other 3 slots is .....meh.....really not worth the effort to upgrade.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    i dont remmeber the bonus but 125k AD, more a looong HE farm to restore a armor piece i will not do that, can we get an option to sell (for silvers) or refine it pls ?

for real 200% agreed with Feanor buff they stats (make it lv 1000 gs) or cut the restoring cost in 50%...
    no reason to restore this atm...
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    spending tons of mats, AD and time for a gear IL 965 when you get tons of IL 950 for free?
    I´d say the one who designed this set is living on another planet.
    Only a player with a lot of obsession would go that way, more a player with an obsession compulisve disorder.
  • isaacorion#1994 isaacorion Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Further harming the Apprentice gear is that 940 Spy Guild has the same stat setups and equip powers (a few stat points lower, but really, 25 IL loss is not that much) and is bought with Seals. And then Protégé is 980 IL, same stat setup and equip powers, and again, bought with LoMM seals (assumed that Deep seals are LoMM).
    Only reason to consider restoring Apprentice is vanity sake. A very expensive transmute.
    Warlock: Don't want to let you down but I am hell bound. - Imagine Dragons
    Cleric: You can be an angel of mercy or give in to hate. - Shinedown
    Wizard: The more the dark consumes me, I pretend I'm burning bright. - Shinedown
    Barbarian: Am I beautiful... as I tear you to pieces? - In This Moment
  • beigeman#7856 beigeman Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    total waste of time, effort and ad.
  • laderlader Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User

Further harming the Apprentice gear is that 940 Spy Guild has the same stat setups and equip powers (a few stat points lower, but really, 25 IL loss is not that much) and is bought with Seals. And then Protégé is 980 IL, same stat setup and equip powers, and again, bought with LoMM seals (assumed that Deep seals are LoMM).
    Only reason to consider restoring Apprentice is vanity sake. A very expensive transmute.

I've the same question, cuz i dont see worth pay that much for some equipment.
    But yesterday i trade some stones (the ones we get completing ME) with the NPC under the stairs in Yawning Portal and got this armor piece with 1000ilvl (the passives are not the same of the Aprendice's set).
    For me this seens more worth than farming in laggin HE and paying 125k AD :/

• arachnicidusarachnicidus Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Adding insult to injury...
    Grind, grind, grind, for the resonance needed to restore an item.
    Then, just when you are close at the end of the weekend, run into a HAMSTER cap limiting how many you can collect in a day.
    Of course, the cap appears to count the worthless Balance and Sacrifice resonances you get.
    As if anyone would want to grind more than 1200 of these stupid things in a day.
    The only reason I was trying to get them at all is to fulfill Sinye's quest to restore one piece of armor.
    This is not "fun".
    This is not "challenging".
    This is just sadistic game design.