test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Invalid username or password

devnullloredevnulllore Member Posts: 160 Arc User
I think they are having authentication issues. Got that message for an hour now.

Cheers,
Ulfrik Dragonsyre
Hero of Neverwinter
Retribution Paladin of the realm
Siring quality Dragons for mounts and pets

Comments

• Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    caps lock on?
  • Options
    devnullloredevnulllore Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    No. Cryptic had to help my. Someone hacked into my account. They checked the login records and found someone else logged into my game. They created several unwanted load-outs and revamped my characters abilities and powers. I guess it could have been worse.

(related) https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1248041/cannot-change-load-out

Cheers,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
    Retribution Paladin of the realm
    Siring quality Dragons for mounts and pets
  • Options
    davion#3287 davion Member Posts: 1 New User
    Has anyone offered a real solution for this yet??

I bought Neverwinter on Steam (the Uprising version). The launcher there requires an Arc account, so I made one. Validated by email. Reopened the launcher and neither my steam or Arc login will work. It always just says "Invalid username or email." WHY!?!?!?!? I tried using my email instead of account name, I don't have any crazy characters in my name or password, and when I downloaded the Arc installer app it doesn't recognize that I already have the game - just asks me to download the whole thing again. Then when I hit the "forgot password" button it takes me to a "CRYPTIC" screen that asks me to login again. WTF is up with this BS?

Running on Windows 10 x64, EXE file is tagged "run as admin", tried "validate game files" in Steam library. No change. Still unable to login. "Server status" is green.
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator

Has anyone offered a real solution for this yet??

I bought Neverwinter on Steam (the Uprising version). The launcher there requires an Arc account, so I made one. Validated by email. Reopened the launcher and neither my steam or Arc login will work. It always just says "Invalid username or email." WHY!?!?!?!? I tried using my email instead of account name, I don't have any crazy characters in my name or password, and when I downloaded the Arc installer app it doesn't recognize that I already have the game - just asks me to download the whole thing again. Then when I hit the "forgot password" button it takes me to a "CRYPTIC" screen that asks me to login again. WTF is up with this BS?

Running on Windows 10 x64, EXE file is tagged "run as admin", tried "validate game files" in Steam library. No change. Still unable to login. "Server status" is green.

Accounts can't get usernames anymore, so you need to use the email ID. Try changing your password on this site or maybe at https://secure.crypticstudios.com/
    FrozenFire