test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Owlbear Cub does not proc at all.

quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
I did some testing last night, fed the logs into act, and realized these player bonus probably doesn't work. I also grep'd over the log file and found nothing relating to owlbear, wisdom, cub, baby, or any search term I thought the power might be logged as. Will do more testing later.

Owlbear Cub's player bonus is called "Baby Owlbear's Wisdom" iirc. I have mine at blue so it should do 30% of my power as damage.

You can see that Conduit of Ice hit 490 times, 13% of which were crits, so it failed to crit ~426 times. The probability of not procing OBC in this case is near 0% or 0.9^426 = 3.2159E-20

Just looking at COI and disregarding any possible ICD, what should have happened is that it proc'd about 426 * 0.1 = 42.6 times. Each hit would have been ~70k * 0.3 = 21k. 21k dmg * 42 hits = 882k dmg over the 5 minutes of testing.

Comments

• Options
    rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    Just to let you know: problems with procing of owlbear companion - and similar things like lostmouth vengeance, or in past feats triggered on something - are years old and devs never bothered to fix them.

Usually helps not using weapon enchant - do not know if that is still the case. Honestly I consider testing it waste of time as this really seems to be an issue that they do intend to ignore. (and they have bigger fish to fry)
  • Options
    quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    rikitaki said:

Just to let you know: problems with procing of owlbear companion - and similar things like lostmouth vengeance, or in past feats triggered on something - are years old and devs never bothered to fix them.

Usually helps not using weapon enchant - do not know if that is still the case. Honestly I consider testing it waste of time as this really seems to be an issue that they do intend to ignore. (and they have bigger fish to fry)

I didn't have a weapon enchant slotted.

• Options
    rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    I did not try to raise a discussion if something should or should not be fixed, I just felt an obligation - as one of those fools who rose a concern about this issue before - to warn a fellow member that his effort will probably fall onto deaf ears.
    Honestly, look at it this way: at least someone responded to OP call - and in a practical manner on top of that. All my response was meant as putting the thing into the context. Don't be angry for that.

Of course, you are more than welcome to fight for the principles!