test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SW reset, need suggestions on abilities and feats from scratch.

devnullloredevnulllore Member Posts: 160 Arc User
Of course I am looking for DPS with this build. I have a lvl 70 SW and I am about to chose abilities and feats. What should I roll for abilities and what should I chose for feats. I want to do this right this time for DPS but am confused by the needed abilities and feat. I usually play a Pally but want to get my SW up to 80.

Thanks,

Cheers,
Ulfrik Dragonsyre
Hero of Neverwinter
Retribution Paladin of the realm
Siring quality Dragons for mounts and pets

Comments

• sinneblomsinneblom Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    Hello, i follow Charisma's Warlock Compendium guide. I use this one because in mod 15 Charisma's Warlock build worked perfect for me and now in mod 16 i follow Charisma again. I use the dps build guide but i keep testing also to see if something else work better for me. For the healing warlock "the soulweaver" so far a lot of testing so i am not sure if i am on the right path, i try different skills, pets,boons etc to see what has the good playstyle for me. A lil bit weird is that when u are healer the only thing you do is healing. I try to combine a dps / healing build. Good luck to all who read this and don't forget to have fun in this complete "new" game :)
  • devnullloredevnulllore Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    sinneblom said:

Hello, i follow Charisma's Warlock Compendium guide. I use this one because in mod 15 Charisma's Warlock build worked perfect for me and now in mod 16 i follow Charisma again. I use the dps build guide but i keep testing also to see if something else work better for me. For the healing warlock "the soulweaver" so far a lot of testing so i am not sure if i am on the right path, i try different skills, pets,boons etc to see what has the good playstyle for me. A lil bit weird is that when u are healer the only thing you do is healing. I try to combine a dps / healing build. Good luck to all who read this and don't forget to have fun in this complete "new" game :)

He does not mention abilities. What kind of numbers am I looking for? I see Charisma but what else?

Cheers,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Unfortunately they limited the build so badly, things like boons, feats, and ability scores don't make a lot of difference. I believe you would find it nearly impossible to make a "bad build" such as, placing all you additional ability points in wisdom. Yes you are absolutely correct in the fact there is no "good build" (at least none I have found) for the Healer version.

My warlock is human, doesn't have the best weapons (legendary Chult wootz) and recently put some traveler gear on her (cheap in the AH). Basically I am shocked players are still posting builds on mmominds but I applaud Charisma and all the others who try to make the best of the new limitations. I still run with my Cambion Magus at epic, I think he is a summoner, which means you need some summoners to bolster him. I looked again, he is a mystical not a summoner, good thing is Energon is a cheap mystical that bolsters him. I got him last year at the 5th anniversary Jubilee. I don't know what they plan to offer us this year but it is still over a month away.

All I am saying here is, as bad as her weapons, gear, and rest are; she can still kick butt. At the moment she is 75 and somewhere in the Slippery Slope of the Undermountain. I don't think there is much anyone can do wrong to completely blow a build at this point. Welcome to Cryptic's generic version of character creation and development.

Edit: I didn't know carp was a bad word?
    Post edited by sandukutupu on
    wb-cenders.gif
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    basically, just cookie cutter copies.
  • devnullloredevnulllore Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    I did that. I followed the MMOROG site's suggestions. Seems ok so far.

Cheers,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I advise to run a soulweaver build PoP, Shatter Spark and Warlocks Bargain, cast your neverdying immolation spirits that will do the job for you.
    Bste class for sure is Dragonborn, counts for all classes...monotony, but cryptic ignored all input.
    HP to max, some defense for aggro, Feats are self declaring. Skip HP Boon (bugged), take every selfheal option from Boons, and insignia (selfheals), same as go for Valhalla Set and maybe a Shadowclad enchant combined with Survivers Blessing.
    That way you have so much mikroheals etc.. Where a tank dies 10 times in a row, you stay alive for ages kiting 30 elite mobs in 3xrunes-ME for and back.
    Next I gonna try is add some Companions with incoming and outgoing heal , if there are options with HP/heal% , might lead into a broken build in the end, not sure.
    For dps there are better classes I have to admit, warlock is not the best class in terms of dps.
  • martins#2911 martins Member Posts: 51 Arc User

I advise to run a soulweaver build PoP, Shatter Spark and Warlocks Bargain, cast your neverdying immolation spirits that will do the job for you.
    Bste class for sure is Dragonborn, counts for all classes...monotony, but cryptic ignored all input.
    HP to max, some defense for aggro, Feats are self declaring. Skip HP Boon (bugged), take every selfheal option from Boons, and insignia (selfheals), same as go for Valhalla Set and maybe a Shadowclad enchant combined with Survivers Blessing.
    That way you have so much mikroheals etc.. Where a tank dies 10 times in a row, you stay alive for ages kiting 30 elite mobs in 3xrunes-ME for and back.
    Next I gonna try is add some Companions with incoming and outgoing heal , if there are options with HP/heal% , might lead into a broken build in the end, not sure.
    For dps there are better classes I have to admit, warlock is not the best class in terms of dps.

Totally agree, sw heal is much better in my opinion.
    Because our magnitude as DPS is very low of the other DPS.
    Example: The largest in magnitude is at 800 in a daily, has dps with 650 in encounters. Not to mention the days of the TR 1700, CW 1400 and gf 1800. Even the paladins are of magnitude greater than the SW dps. Very sad.
  • gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    Following up on this thread and answering the op. Soulweaver will be the go to spec for early game, (I am un-sure about 80+). If you are running Warlock’s do’s build you will defiantly need a healing or AoEing DPS/Striker companion to help keep you up. As far as stats go, I have definitely noticed that deflect/ crit resist still benefits me more so than defense/ crit resists it seems’” I’ve been purposely testing this with low hit points for actual encounters against deflect versus defense.

Still experimenting and leveling, so while this is just pointers, it’s not concrete.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • martins#2911 martins Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    I tested my sw dps on lair of mad mage. It is playable but still not far from being top dps. Below is the video.
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/423116332##
    thx for sharing, nicely equipped allready.
    I do lag behind in mod 16 by far. Btw those old stuff spending 3%+ dps from gear like Eyestalker wraps or Shadowstalker ring, I never tested it actually, if it will perform better or not being lower in all stats and having less Combined rating on top. Anyone knows if it actually works and if it is worth it?
    Demon Lords Set still seems to be first pick, but all those other multuplier, do they work or are worth thinkning about at all?
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    wylonus said:

basically, just cookie cutter copies.

You mean like the builds everyone comes begging for even now?
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.

thx for sharing, nicely equipped allready.
    I do lag behind in mod 16 by far. Btw those old stuff spending 3%+ dps from gear like Eyestalker wraps or Shadowstalker ring, I never tested it actually, if it will perform better or not being lower in all stats and having less Combined rating on top. Anyone knows if it actually works and if it is worth it?
    Demon Lords Set still seems to be first pick, but all those other multuplier, do they work or are worth thinkning about at all?

Once you are at cap for stats, then % Damage and Power (at 4K for 1%) is all you need. It’s easy to hit cap for stats even with the old gear.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    edited May 2019
    So +3% damage is 12k power at caps ? All I need is % then ... if it works ->not checked myself

but thats´what i read at Jeannes where:
    Damage=weaponDamage⋅magnitudeModifier⋅(1+power:100000)⋅resistance⋅[1+I[criticalHit]⋅CritSeverity+I[combatAdvantage]⋅CASeverity]⋅(1−I[hitDeflected]⋅0.5)⋅∑debuffs⋅damageTypeBuff+∑CompanionActiveSpecial+∑WeaponEnchantmentProc

x (1+power:100000) -> 1000 power = 0,5% -> 2000 power = 1% damage in my opinion, so 3%= 6000 power
    @schietindebux yes, 3% from Ebonized Ring or Hag’s Rags (which stacks) is 12k power in effect.

In testing any 2 different sources of Sniper’s Perk stack (Ebonized rings count as the same source regardless of name).

Jawrippers/Terrorized still work.

Boots of the Willed still work.

Siege Master’s Equip power still works.

+4 Shadowstalker still works.

That’s +11% on encounter powers that count as Ranged attacks (note AoEs are not Ranged necessarily).
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock