Install Arc
Options

Warlock

bluez#8817 bluez Member Posts: 104 Arc User
In what world can you now consider SW a dps. It's absolutely ruined ~~~

Comments

• Options
    edge2500edge2500 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Just wondering, what's wrong with it? I've been using Soul Weaver (Healer paragon) on my Warlock so haven't tried the DPS side yet. Are the skills feeling too weak (Like a few of the other classes ATM) or what? Also, the developers will probably need to know more specifics if you are actually providing feedback.
  • Options
    b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    Personally me I find both paths dps and heal to be rather nice. Not to say there are not issues but depending all on how you have your toon setup stat wise and feat wise as well as boons could be why your seeing issues in your over all dps. Your find that your want to use the tab mechanic alot in dps path to reduce the cd on your encounters and depending on what your using that can also increase or decrease your dps as well.
    My only issue is I cant seem to understand why they decided to place vampiric in dps path and warlock bargin in heal path. I find that should be switched.
  • Options
    axyremaxyrem Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    the TAB Soul Scorch power cant be worse.... its unbelievable bad....

No creativity no good ideas.. this MOD 16 is a collection of how not to do it....
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    Not to be condescending, but what content? Is it Undermountain or other places?

I main a warlock, and I'm not having too many difficulties in Undermountain. There have been some close calls, but that's only because of me not paying attention and falling back on my previous playstyle of close quarter combat. I've been running master expeditions solo since Sunday, and aside from having bad luck with Rune Specters, my warlock has been pretty steady. Just taking it one mob at a time.

I think the warlock has become more of a range dps now.

As @b4t1b4t mentions, what are your powers, stats, feats and so forth?
    Do you know what the cap numbers are that you need?

My rotation has been pretty effective. Using FB as my opening salvo, then KF and then HG. Mixed in with Eldritch Blast and Essence Defiler.
    Usually after hitting a mob with FB, and KF, a puppet spawns and HG reinforces it. With that combo, puppet has been pretty resilient.

And I don't use Soul Scorch, rather I let my soulsparks build and then heal after combat.

My warlock even solo'ed the giants HE in my stronghold.

If it is in other places, well that's another story that the scaling fiasco has contributed to.
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    @bluez#8817, OK I understand, it's content outside of Undermountain.

Yeah I have seen it on mine as well.
    Devils in Tiamat, might has well be shooting wet noodles at them.

This unfortunately is the scaling mess we need to deal with at this time.
    There are a number of different areas that just aren't playable right now. And not just for warlocks, but other classes as well.

Some place are still the same, or.. at least partially. Like the Stronghold map, some enemies are correct, and others... aren't.

So you are not alone.

• Options
    b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    The Scaling is bad in most areas and dungeons its worse. They could have done things better or rather should have put the release off and fixed things instead of releasing things in this state.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    My Soulbinder does good tbh.
    I use Warlock Bargain, being top of paingiver that way:) be selfinduced damage.
    PoP + that "500mag healing-spell" done.
    I build up to max HP 300k, since that´s what you need, as much Hp as possible.
    I can heal the party pretty good that way.
    I topped paingiver in FBI lately, 200mio damage vs 15 mio from the next dps in the chart, a GWF, Immolation spirits is broken and bugged.
    The dps sec feels a bit weak somehow, but that´s what all classes feel like actually.
    The biggest problem still is you can´t run RAQ, CODG, CR, Spellplague and TONG is bugged, same as stats get downsized far under the cap making every striker a joke (40% effectiveness, lol).
    This mod is a big mess and if not this company get it fixed soon same as come up with content to run beside Master expeditions, there will be a big loss in player.
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    b4t1b4t said:

Personally me I find both paths dps and heal to be rather nice. Not to say there are not issues but depending all on how you have your toon setup stat wise and feat wise as well as boons could be why your seeing issues in your over all dps. Your find that your want to use the tab mechanic alot in dps path to reduce the cd on your encounters and depending on what your using that can also increase or decrease your dps as well.
    My only issue is I cant seem to understand why they decided to place vampiric in dps path and warlock bargin in heal path. I find that should be switched.

I've tested my SW and it's worked as a DPS in Undermountain as well - however the caveat is that I have a fair number of boon points to spend on things like extra health, crit avoidance etc, as well as purple level mount insigs, high level artifacts and maxed out artifact gear, all of which combine to make a big difference.

I honestly don't know how a new toon, w/o all the extras, would do when they get to level 71/72 in any zone.