test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Am I missing the point of leveling?

devnullloredevnulllore Member Posts: 160 Arc User
So what is the point in leveling now above 70? There are no more feat points no more power points, what do we gain now? Looks like it's just bragging rights at this point.

Cheers,
Ulfrik Dragonsyre
Hero of Neverwinter
Retribution Paladin of the realm
Siring quality Dragons for mounts and pets

Comments

• devnullloredevnulllore Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    Do we get any additional attribute points at lvl 80?

Cheers,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
    Retribution Paladin of the realm
    Siring quality Dragons for mounts and pets
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    well unless they changed it theres still feats they jus took a massive nerf to them an strtin the new mod stuff requires u to be lvl70 an doin the quests u get the xp nyway so ur bound to lvl up lol
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    Been wondering that myself when leveling up. You get a feat and encounter power(that we previously had in many many cases). But other than that there isn't much point in it other than rebasing equipment and a reason to actually do the new campaign. You didn't have to do any of the previous campaigns at all really unless you wanted to do the new dungeon/trial/skirmish. And even this one you don't even have to do that if you don't want to do any of the new content zones. That is pretty much the standard when raising the level cap in most MMOs.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Boon points, new powers, new stat points...
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • aratecharatech Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User

Do we get any additional attribute points at lvl 80?

Yes. Not that they make any meaningful difference, since everyone's stats are now static, and the choices behind them are inane as all get out. Case in point, the poor control wizard. Let's force Wisdom to be a high secondary stat, while removing Wisdom's bonus of lowered recharge time, and instead make it to where the sole benefit it offers (because control resistance is both piddling small and absolutely useless) being that it affects *outgoing healing*.

I wasn't aware that wizards were supposed to be the new combat medic class....
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Well as a super surprise . . . . . . you get to have all your stats halved when you try to run content that is lower than your level. Its awesome fun. So you get a +5000 stats / boons from levelling as greywynd pointed out and then they take 150,000 away. Level up baby, it's ace.

Makes things really challenging and interesting. So for example, those HEs in the strong hold that you have to run 1000's and 1000's of times to upgrade the SH, now take 2-10x as long. A big thank you to whoever made that decision!

It also appears that you also get some powers taken away if your "scaled" level, is lower than the level of said power. Either that or some of them are bugged.
  • vendoodvendood Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    You get the opportunity to send more cash to Cryptic to get back the abilities and powers you had before, and to increase your power so that everywhere but the new content they can simply dial your power back to less than it was before.

Other games struggle with the 'power creep' issue of adding more power, more ability, with new content. Cryptic has creatively solved the problem. Simply take away what you already sold to people, and then you can sell it to them again!
  • aratecharatech Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    vendood said:

You get the opportunity to send more cash to Cryptic to get back the abilities and powers you had before, and to increase your power so that everywhere but the new content they can simply dial your power back to less than it was before.

Other games struggle with the 'power creep' issue of adding more power, more ability, with new content. Cryptic has creatively solved the problem. Simply take away what you already sold to people, and then you can sell it to them again!

Ahhhh, but you see, they have sabotaged themselves! Enchantments are now meaningless, since they too get slashed, and the new 1000 point system means there's no point whatsoever to me burning $240.00 on coal wards (or its AD equivalent) to get those new rank 15s, in order to get a 0.00000000005% power boost.

Hey, Cryptic! Guess what fueled 90% of your in game economy?

This is what happens when you hire and use devs that fundamentally do not play, or do not understand, their own game. We thought you learned this lesson four years ago during Mod 6. Apparently not!

I'll just sit back and wait for the bean-counters to do the math, and keep myself cheerful with the knowledge of the absolute dumpster fire that will ensue behind closed doors.
  • silvertailsilvertail Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 97 Arc User
    well tbh the only point to lvl up to 80 is that you can't do anything without it lvling you, unless you are roleplaying or just standing in PR chatting.
    stealth is survival skills (and not tanking skills, that is really different)
    stealth is damage
    stealth is mobility
    stealth is everything
    everything is stealth
    Stealth make TR OP, but lack of stealth make TR useless.