test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Healing Companions

bluez#8817 bluez Member Posts: 104 Arc User
Healing companions don't heal anymore.. Why not just remove them from the game?

Comments

• empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    I use Angel that you get from 300 coins. Healing out of combat by her is just fine takes a few seconds about like it did before. But yes the healing within a fight is definitely much less. Before I would have her big heal heal for about 1/2 of the bar. probably once or twice a minute. Now it doesn't seem like I am getting a big heal at all from her. I haven't looked at the logs yet to see how much she is really healing during combat. There is another thread regarding this same topic this should probably be combined with that.
  • soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    We have healing companions!!! I know I used to have one. I sure didn't see her doing any healing after update 16. She was there and most likely doing more damage than my hunter ranger was doing. But healing, that she wasn't doing.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User

They are relying on the healers now that's why. It sucks but that's what we have.

Well, not everyone has a personal pocket healer on standby to follow him around during questing or going through campaings at all times, so the Devs better fix this mess again or start playing the game on the regular server with healer characters to support their players in person...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • merik1999merik1999 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    Have to use Potions to heal again...maybe lower the cooldown time for Pots would be good...
  • cerianiouscerianious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    My Healer is useless and is lvl 35 my Barbarian cant even survive in the river district anymore
  • aratecharatech Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    regenerde said:

They are relying on the healers now that's why. It sucks but that's what we have.

Well, not everyone has a personal pocket healer on standby to follow him around during questing or going through campaings at all times, so the Devs better fix this mess again or start playing the game on the regular server with healer characters to support their players in person...
    Dude, hate to break it to you. This happened in Mod 6, the last time they raised the level cap. It's pretty obvious by now the Devs *do not play this game*. At all.

We're talking about the same Dev team, that insisted Tiamat was fine in Module 6, when the level 70 cap was introduced, attempted to stream a raid on her in order to demonstrate this, and couldn't beat her even when they had god mode turned on. Their response was to raise the item level necessary to get in. That was it.
  • aratecharatech Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    regenerde said:

aratech said:

regenerde said:

Dude, hate to break it to you. This happened in Mod 6, the last time they raised the level cap. It's pretty obvious by now the Devs *do not play this game*. At all.

We're talking about the same Dev team, that insisted Tiamat was fine in Module 6, when the level 70 cap was introduced, attempted to stream a raid on her in order to demonstrate this, and couldn't beat her even when they had god mode turned on. Their response was to raise the item level necessary to get in. That was it.
    I know, it's mod 6 groundhog day all over again, and it will also take them weeks if not months to get the game into a more enjoyable state for every player again too.

And while i'm waiting for that miracle to happen through many more patches, i'm also updating other games that i'll be playing more frequently from now on...

The ones in charge around here should have realised by now that HAMSTER like this won't be forgotten by players, and that it's bad advertising for any future game (Magic the Gathering Online...) from their company.
    Oh, I agree. I am spreading the word and going to do my level best to make sure anyone interested in MTGO is aware of just who is behind it and what their reputation is.

• edge2500edge2500 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    +1 this post: My angel of redemption or whatever only heals for like 300 or 400 hp, so it's quite useless.
  • orangebangorangebang Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    I have no problems with my healing companions. Just because it doesn't work for you, it doesn't mean it doesn't work. Try other companions, some are better than others, inspect how much they heal each shot, you can inspect them on auction house. I'm topped up then control monsters so they can't damage me much and when I do I get enough heals.
  • robai#6206 robai Member Posts: 344 Arc User

Try other companions, some are better than others, inspect how much they heal each shot, you can inspect them on auction house.

Are you saying that there are companions that actually heal in combat? Then it's a bug and it will be fixed asap.
    Just to be clear: those +250 hp or so heals doesn't count as actual heals (+15000 hp is healing, +5000 hp is something, but +250 hp is nothing).

edited May 2019
    Well, not sure if anyone has actually tested all available healer companions here, but it looks like most of them have now cooldowns that are on the insane side of things - 30s or more on some abilities for example.

It also seems that most healers have "lost" their ability to heal the player for x% of health, considering how the Devs slapped these crazy cooldowns on heals, i can't understand why they had to change this to specific amounts of health healed too.

I'm currently leveling up the Helmite Paladin Ghost and the Squire from the former Oathbound Paladin Class Pack, and i hope at least one of them will be of any use in my adventures...
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    regenerde said:

I'm currently leveling up the Helmite Paladin Ghost and the Squire from the former Oathbound Paladin Class Pack, and i hope at least one of them will be of any use in my adventures...

How have either, or both, of these companions worked out? Are they attacking/healing or just standing there with little to no benefit? Curious as I'm trying to beef up my Devout Cleric.

I aim to misbehave
    edited May 2019
    silence1x said:

regenerde said:

How have either, or both, of these companions worked out? Are they attacking/healing or just standing there with little to no benefit? Curious as I'm trying to beef up my Devout Cleric.
    It looked like the Squire is a bit more active then the Ghost, the attack animation of the Ghost is so slow, i'm allways surprised he manages to hit anything... but neither one of them seem to be of any real use in the healing or dealing damage department. Btw. the uncommon (green) Ghost has some rather impressive 476k HP at level 25, should the Devs decide to go over the companions and adjust their cast/cooldown time, the Ghost might become a decent companion.

I'll be trying the Angel of Protection and the Astral Deva next, but i think scaling has broken all regular companions equaly. I've switched through several companions from uncommon to legendary during questing in Undermountain and ME runs, but the overall companion healing/damage dealing numbers are just too disappointing at the moment.
    Want to know why?
  • symphonia#1951 symphonia Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    My healing companion is now a complete lame duck. He doesn't heal me at all during combat. Instead, he wonder off and stands in the direct line of fire of dragons and gets killed. I have to rez him!
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    They simply have decided to do nothing to make them usable. They are pretty much worthless other than adding to bolster. About a month ago we got "we're looking into it"...since then crickets. I will keep pointing it out until they either do something about it or they just give some official answer other than
    edited June 2019
    Well, when the ZEN shop companion sale numbers stay the same even during the "Summer Sale" we might see some action here. And isn't if funny how they can't give us a reliable source for companion equipment in Undermountain, but buy 10k ZEN during
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11184683
    and you'll get a full set of companion equipment right away.

Yay... :#

There're more then enough players out there that either got cheated out of companion equipment or didn't know that they have to collect all 9 relics for the full quest reward, and there's nothing they can do to get some fitting companion equipment atm., not to mention that the support won't help them either... so all they can do is either cough up the money for the 10k ZEN or wait for the next module that might bring some more companion equipment to the game.
    Want to know why?
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    regenerde said:

There're more then enough players out there that either got cheated out of companion equipment or didn't know that they have to collect all 9 relics for the full quest reward, and there's nothing they can do to get some fitting companion equipment atm., not to mention that the support won't help them either... so all they can do is either cough up the money for the 10k ZEN or wait for the next module that might bring some more companion equipment to the game.

Dude, new content. Who the bloody hell rushes through new content without looking for EVERYTHING?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    If you check those pet items in game, they have defense slots and stats. (according to the calendar as of last week) They aren't really a replacement for anything.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    edited June 2019
    greywynd said:

regenerde said:

Dude, new content. Who the bloody hell rushes through new content without looking for EVERYTHING?
    Well, considering that there's no clear message there stating that the amount of relics collected will effect the quest reward, and that some relics were placed in a rather sinister way, i'd guess a good portion of the players didn't get all relics during their first runs.
    pitshade said:

If you check those pet items in game, they have defense slots and stats. (according to the calendar as of last week) They aren't really a replacement for anything.

I'd say there're somewhere in between what you get at the start of the Undermountain campaign and the ones you get at the end, they might even work for tanks rather well considering the defense slots and stats, but the point would be to place companion equipment in a ZEN Charge Promotion without having a reliable source for that gear in game at the same time.

I mean this is just another really crappy Delver's Expediton Pack 2.0 move...

At the very least the Devs could have issued a note to the support team to help the players that missed out on the companion equipment from the campaign in one way or the other, instead of leaving the players hanging there until there might be new companion equipment available in the next module.

Anyway, back on topic, nearly 2 months later and companions are still useless.
    @Devs companions are not in a good place, so please fix them allready!
    Want to know why?