test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Some things about my Devoted Cleric

devnullloredevnulllore Member Posts: 160 Arc User
So I am back playing Dorian Harper, my Devoted Cleric and I have some comments. Overall any defense she had is gone. Due to many nerffed powers as well I went back to Chandler farm and cannot even touch the Master vamp. he kills me in something like 3 shots. Some observations on powers, Chains of Blazing Light is totally different, it stuns now with no damage. Sun Burst is a bit better but slow to cast. Daunting Light kind of does what Chains used to but lower DPS and much smaller radius. Searing Javelin is a bit better but again slower. Dailies have pretty much stayed the same. Overall defense is way down and cast times have increased leaving plenty of time to interrupt. This is a little worse than my pally but still unacceptable. Any comments or suggestions on builds?

Cheers,
Ulfrik Dragonsyre
Hero of Neverwinter
Retribution Paladin of the realm
Siring quality Dragons for mounts and pets

Comments

• Options
    b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    They changed what we loved about our DC's.. I've played one for 5 years and did so because I like solo content. Almost all powers are now Single target focused. we're basically playing a brand new game with powers that have the same name, but don't act like they used to. it's frustrating and not why I play NW. but they're not changing it so it is what it is.
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Couple quick things...

1. When you say "went back to..." - what level is your DC vs, the level of the zone? Scaling (as you might have heard, is having some issues.. :-p )
    2. Yeah, some powers changed / were removed / were added - but I'm doing ok with it, without any issues with divinity. Lance / Conflag on at-will, sunburst, javelin, geas encounters. Lances, close range, sunburst - dead mobs. Big stuff gets conflag (or two), geas. I've soloed through most of the new campaign, only having issues in expeditions when I get scaled down a couple levels (and watch 20%+ of my stats disappear). Still been totally manageable, though.
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    I'm also doing very well solo as Arbiter.

(Solo Devout is.... a chore. But you have two loadouts! Build an Arbiter in your second slot!)

My build is Lance/Sacred to build stacks, Searing Javelin as my fire-DPS power, Geas and BTS as my Radiant-DPS powers, Flame Strike for Daily (and HG for emergencies). In a fight, I open with Searing to get some radiant stacks and drop divinity below 100%, then build Radiant, drop BTS, build Flaming, drop Javelin, build Radiant, drop Geas, build Flaming, drop Javelin, and now either everything is dead or I build radiant and consume them for divinity, then build flaming, drop javelin, build radiant and now BTS is off cooldown, etc etc, repeat. Whenever the fight ends I consume the remaining stacks and move on to the next mob group.

Dailies/Artifacts/etc happen any time in the cycle I feel like it.
  • Options
    raziel2004#7353 raziel2004 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Love the new arbiter. Skills cover aoe, single and cc. No problem in soloing in newer contents n bit hard in scale down certain dungeon. Just need to find good rotation n u will not worry about divinity. Devout in another hand just plain boring. No additional utility to provide to group beside heal. Have done soloing ME n arbiter really shine as a true dpser.
  • Options
    moosedawgmoosedawg Member Posts: 2 New User
    I loved my cleric prior to Mod 16. Post mod 16, I hate it. I've not tried full arbiter, which I guess I'm going to have to. I loved that you could play a dps class that gave you some passive healing, so you could actually kill something and not get 1-shotted. Also, I HATE healer mechanics that require you to do nothing but watch health bars. Another reason I loved the cleric because your heals could also damage, so you felt more engaged in the fight than just watching health bars. I was under the impression that they rearranged the loadouts so they were more clearly defined as DPS or Heal - little did I know they were going to completely change every power but keep them the same name. And the tooltips are useless! I don't know what half that stuff means anymore. Divinity? I don't get that at all, how do you even use it now. I stand still and channel, but what does that do? I'm extremely upset by the changes at the moment. I took a break with this game for a long time and just recently came back, was having a lot of fun, got attached to my cleric again, and now WHAM! Cleric feels powerless now. I was excited for seeing the new content, but I'm hating it because I hate almost everything about how the cleric plays now, which is sad. It USED to be my favorite class.
  • Options
    devnullloredevnulllore Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    cdnbison said:

Couple quick things...

1. When you say "went back to..." - what level is your DC vs, the level of the zone? Scaling (as you might have heard, is having some issues.. :-p )
    2. Yeah, some powers changed / were removed / were added - but I'm doing ok with it, without any issues with divinity. Lance / Conflag on at-will, sunburst, javelin, geas encounters. Lances, close range, sunburst - dead mobs. Big stuff gets conflag (or two), geas. I've soloed through most of the new campaign, only having issues in expeditions when I get scaled down a couple levels (and watch 20%+ of my stats disappear). Still been totally manageable, though.

I'm lvl 70 and the zone never dropped me any lower. Still can't beat him. I will take your suggestions and try them.

Cheers,
    Ulfrik Dragonsyre
    Hero of Neverwinter
    Retribution Paladin of the realm
    Siring quality Dragons for mounts and pets
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

Love the new arbiter.

The Arbiter is in a fairly good place, yes, at least as far as solo content is concerned. It can easily handle the 70-80 campaign and the Master Expeditions. Sure, it may have issues when downscaled in older content, but that's not Cleric-specific - applies to every class.

The trick is to get a build and power rotation that gives you decent DPS and at the same time allows you to avoid running out of divinity.

Sure, combat is harder than it used to be in M15 - you have to dodge and pay more attention to positioning, but it's not too hard - I managed to get from 70 to 80 in a couple of days without even needing a single healing potion, for example.

The class is harder to play than it was, but to me it is just as enjoyable in solo play.

About group play, however....the way I see it you have a few choices.
    • You can go Arbiter - full DPS. The problem with that is that because of our need for pip management, our DPS will not equal what some of the other classes can do in longer fights, and we cannot contribute much to killing junk mods either - by the time we have built up 6 pips, the mobs are already dead.
    • You can go Arbiter - some DPS with buffs (BtS and/or Geas) or emergency heals (BoH). I look forward to testing this approach in LoMM once it is back up - I don't know if this will be needed/wanted.
    • You can go Devout - full heal. The problem here is that while Clerics can heal OK, a Warlock who can heal and do decent DPS on the side just brings more to the table ... or even a Paladin who can heal and also offers some damage mitigation. I am going to make a Devout loadout - I just don't know if there will be any demand for it.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    moosedawg said:

I loved my cleric prior to Mod 16. Post mod 16, I hate it. I've not tried full arbiter, which I guess I'm going to have to. I loved that you could play a dps class that gave you some passive healing, so you could actually kill something and not get 1-shotted.

I agree that the pre-mod-16 DC was a great class and I loved it a lot. The Arbiter *does* have a couple of healing powers available - Bastion Of Health, for example - but they're relatively expensive to use and I've found that playing the Arbiter more as pure DPS is more effective since dead enemies can't hurt you. Also, 1-shot mechanics are few and far between in mod16, and any trash mob that 1-shots you is probably bugged and should be reported.
    moosedawg said:

Also, I HATE healer mechanics that require you to do nothing but watch health bars. Another reason I loved the cleric because your heals could also damage, so you felt more engaged in the fight than just watching health bars.

Hard agree, yeah. I'm not really happy about how Devout plays, but lots of people have the same feedback and I would not be surprised at all to see some good changes there over the next few weeks.
    moosedawg said:

I don't know what half that stuff means anymore. Divinity? I don't get that at all, how do you even use it now. I stand still and channel, but what does that do? I'm extremely upset by the changes at the moment. I took a break with this game for a long time and just recently came back, was having a lot of fun, got attached to my cleric again, and now WHAM! Cleric feels powerless now.

OK, New DC 101:
    You have two kinds of Encounter powers. You have old-style Encounters that you use and they go on cooldown, like Break The Spirit, and you have "Divinity" powered Encounters that come off cooldown instantly but that cost Divinity to use, sort of like using the tab-version of powers in mod 15. You can spam those Encounters over and over again, as long as you have Divinity left.

Divinity is the curved bar in the HUD to the LEFT of your character. It refills over time, and refills faster when you're holding Tab to pray for divinity.

As a Devoted: That's your big mechanic. Almost all your heals will cost Divinity, and you can spend it faster or slower based on how badly your party is doing. Running out of Divinity in a bossfight is a lose condition: If the healer can't heal, the party should expect to be in DEEP RAT. Unfortunately this means you tend to be watching health bars, and holding Tab when you're not casting a heal, and holding Astral Shield when you're not holding Tab, etc. I'm not sold on this as "fun" yet but I'm still trying it out.

As an Arbiter: You also have the Scales Of Judgement mechanic, which is the six dots to the RIGHT of your character in the HUD. Almost every power is tagged Fire or Radiant, and the way this works is, when you use a Fire power you immediately consume all Fire stacks to make the power stronger, and you generate Radiant stacks. When you use a Radiant power you immediately consume all Radiant stacks to make the power stronger and you generate Fire stacks. Ideally, you want to rock this back and forth: Build Fire then use a BIG Fire power, then build Radiant and use a BIG Radiant power, etc etc. While you can channel to regain Divinity like a Devoted, every second you're doing that is not a second you're throwing out damage so it's not ideal. Instead, as soon as you hit Tab, you instantly consume all your stacks of Fire or Radiant and turn them into Divinity. So you can rapidly recharge your Encounter powers, by spending the stacks of stuff that make your encounter powers really strong.

(Oh, and you didn't ask, but "Magnitude" is literally just how strong a power is. 100 Magnitude = 100% base weapon damage. 300 Magnitude = 300% base weapon damage. 50 Magnitude = 50% base weapon damage. Powers no longer attempt to estimate actual damage numbers because those were always inaccurate anyway. Instead, they simply tell you "this power is twice as strong as that power" or "Hammer Of Fate does 10x the damage of Lance Of Faith", etc)
  • Options
    lowjohn said:

Ideally, you want to rock this back and forth: Build Fire then use a BIG Fire power, then build Radiant and use a BIG Radiant power, etc etc.

Not sure I agree. This is what I did at first, and the problem was that I would find myself running out of divinity in longer fights, so I switched to just using Fire powers and consuming all Radiant pips for divinity. Works well for me.
  • Options
    adinosii said:

lowjohn said:

Ideally, you want to rock this back and forth: Build Fire then use a BIG Fire power, then build Radiant and use a BIG Radiant power, etc etc.

Not sure I agree. This is what I did at first, and the problem was that I would find myself running out of divinity in longer fights, so I switched to just using Fire powers and consuming all Radiant pips for divinity. Works well for me.
    That's an option. What powers are you using? Most of the time I'm only spending Divinity on Searing Javelin, and using BTS and Geas (non-Divinity-costing) for my other two in open-world play, swapping in Prophecy for Geas on bossfights. In areas with tons of tiny mobs I have experimented with Daunting Light, but I generally find just spamming off more Javelins works better.

Anyway. I don't run out of Divinity very often because I'm only spending it on Searing, and basically every third Radiant stack gets consumed for Divinity anyway because both BTS and Geas are still on cooldown. I'd run out a lot faster if I was using Daunting Light or (especially) Bastion.
  • Options
    lowjohn said:

That's an option. What powers are you using?

Javelin and FF. My approach is the following:

Make a high-crit build (being a Cleric, I have no good class-specific way or power to reliably create CA, and also because heals can crit, I max Crit and use a Vorpal enchant.)

Power rotation:
    1. Build up 6 orange pips with at-wills.
    2. Cast javelin...I have the "javelin crit" feat (whatever it is called, I'm at work now and cannot check). I may cast FF instead if I'm facing just a single target. It is a bit situational.
    3. At this point I may have either 1 or 6 yellow pips (I have the feat that gives the pips a chance of filling up.
    4. Hit Tab, converting the yellow pip(s) into divinity.
    5. Repeat.
    6. Cast daily (typically HoF) if appropriate when it is available.
    I actually find combat more fun now than it used to be in M15. I need to dodge more, and pay more attention to positioning, like backsliding to line up mobs if they surround me before blasting them with a javelin. Overall, I am happy with what @asterdahl did with Arbiters in solo play.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    OK, so you're just doing straight Fire and picking which Fire power to cast situationally. What's your usual third Encounter? I'm assuming one of Prophecy, Divine Glow, or Bastion?

Interesting decisions, certainly a valid way of working it. And yeah, I'm loving the "next Javelin Crits" and "25% chance of full pips" feats too.

One advantage my way has over yours is that sometimes I'll hit a super-combo: Opening Javelin fills Radiant, full-pip BTS fills Fire, full-pip Javelin fills Radiant, full-pip Geas. That's a boss-eater of a combo when it happens. Your equivalent would just mean your Divinity would stay at 100%, and you'd probably only get one full-pip Javelin off in the time it took me to drop my three full-pip encounters. One DISADVANTAGE my way has is that you've got 1-2 Encounter slots free to drop in whatever you want - nothing prevents you from slotting Bastion for emergencies or Daunting to use when you get the running-combo of massive divinity gain, or from using Glow to drop threat and refill divinity to fuel a few more out-of-band FF/Javs.

So I think I'm going to have to try your version, at least for a bit.
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    In group content, I run Daunting light and Divine glow, switching between Forgemaster's Flame and Searing Javelin for AoE or single target. Longer fights I do run low on divinity, but it's doesn't take that long to use conflag x2->tab->repeat until slightly more than half. I also have no problem staying on top of the damage chart, especially in AoE heavy fights. As far as Daunting light goes, I do find that I mainly use it for single target after forgemaster's flame and not in AoE...preferring to consume the radiant pips when sudden verdict goes go off after a searing jav cast.
  • Options
    highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    My biggest gripe is how ineffectively I now heal. I loved the fact in prior Mods I was the savior of the group, keeping EVERYONE alive. ATM I have to pick which player I can save... and leave the rest to fend for themselves. I know I need to "RE-LEARN" how to play and set up my Healing DC but... it still sucks have to start all over again from scratch. MHO
  • Options
    lowjohn said:

OK, so you're just doing straight Fire and picking which Fire power to cast situationally. What's your usual third Encounter? I'm assuming one of Prophecy, Divine Glow, or Bastion?

Haven't figured out yet what is optimal. Going to put together a description of my build/playstyle over the weekend. It works for me - maybe it can help someone else.
  • Options
    raziel2004#7353 raziel2004 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    The only way i can heal constantly by using holy word + bastion combo with feat. this will put me at ease to pray to refill divinity.. really boring approach but still do the job enough. done it already in IG. Cleric heal really strong but lack HOT or sustainable heal.
  • Options

I do just about the same damage (slightly more) as devout and daunting light and bastion only cost 80 divinity (vs 180 and 380 as Arbiter)

You really don't do anything close to the same damage as an Arbiter.

But if you're not having any concerns with solo play, awesome. The Arbiter's DPS (like every DPS class) is overkill for solo play.
  • Options
    highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    Arbiter has great DPS for Solo play, and is tankier then the DO version IMO. AC was awesome for healing and the SW I loved to play was great for DPS, which now heals better then the DC... So I guess their roles have changed with is super missed up. I loved the fact I could heal effectively in mod 15, but this garbage they handed us making the SW a better healer and the DC a better DPS player just messes up my brain...lol
  • Options

> @lowjohn said:

> I do just about the same damage (slightly more) as devout and daunting light and bastion only cost 80 divinity (vs 180 and 380 as Arbiter)

>

> You really don't do anything close to the same damage as an Arbiter.

>

> But if you're not having any concerns with solo play, awesome. The Arbiter's DPS (like every DPS class) is overkill for solo play.

Arbiter doesnt have the damage buff feat devout has, nor does it have exalt, thats 30% more dmg for daunting light and guardian of the faith, and it doesn't require any "pips", I've played arbiter since preview went live in february, and from my own testing it isn't more dps then devout, it's less.

Daunting light does 2x the dmg with 5 pips, but it costs 2x the divinity, there is no net gain.....and the higher magnitude powers cost even more divinity, meaning that at the start of combat as an arbiter you can cast at most 3 divine encounters before your divinity is completely drained (daunting light, searing javelin, forgemasters flame)......as devout you can cast 9 daunting light....5-6 of them empowered with exalt

Your proposed rotation is not good for Arbiter. For one thing: Pips go to 6, not 5. For another: Daunting is a bad DPS skill, it's a good choice for people with nothing better to spend divinity on but it's nothing compared to Forgemaster or Searing Javelin, even when pipped.

For another: The DPS feats for Arbiter are strong and fun.

For another: Arbiters can regenerate divinity much faster than Devouts can, letting them cast more Divine encounters. (See also: DPS feats stronk)

For another: If you spend all your divinity on unbuffed or partially-buffed DLs, you're not doing the healing you queued for and your party will die, in a pug.

Devout can totally ignore healing in favour of DPS while solo and do OK. But they're not doing "as good" DPS as an Arbiter, let alone "better". And in a random queue party, the Arbiter will leave the Devout in the dust on the DPS meter *and* the Devout aiming for DPS will tank their party by not healing.

But I'll tell you what, let's test this. Hit me up in-game, I'll find a tank, a healer, and a moderate DPS, you bring your best Devout DPS build and I'll bring an Arbiter DPS, let's test the hypothesis that your Devout does more DPS than my Arbiter. I'm not BIS, I'm barely even coping with the changes - I still have an active companion with no runestones in their gear. Let's give it a try.
  • Options

a picture is worth a thousand words is it not?

https://imgur.com/a/IAvvdQw

https://imgur.com/a/P8BFOwL

Well.... not really. I can be top DPS while pugging as devout, or while tanking as GF, pretty easily - it just depends on the rest of the party. I don't know those people, I have no idea if those are scrubs you carried or if they're great people you beat through superior skill and build.

(Silver result tends me towards the first one, tho)

What I'd like to see is your Devout competing with a good DPS, or running a queue that requires healing like FBI. You've posted images from a skirmish that doesn't require a healer, with a group who I don't know, with a result that isn't great.

Anyway. I actually took your advice and added Daunting to my Devout loadout and it's a lot more interesting than it was before. I still can't spam Daunting in real content, and sometimes I have to avoid hitting it to conserve divinity, but abandoning Bastion + Healing Word in favour of Cleanse + DL has made being Devout a lot more fun for me. I'm still HAMSTER DPS compared to my Arbiter build, but it's a big change towards making Devout fun.
  • Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User

So I am back playing Dorian Harper, my Devoted Cleric and I have some comments. Overall any defense she had is gone. Due to many nerffed powers as well I went back to Chandler farm and cannot even touch the Master vamp. he kills me in something like 3 shots. Some observations on powers, Chains of Blazing Light is totally different, it stuns now with no damage. Sun Burst is a bit better but slow to cast. Daunting Light kind of does what Chains used to but lower DPS and much smaller radius. Searing Javelin is a bit better but again slower. Dailies have pretty much stayed the same. Overall defense is way down and cast times have increased leaving plenty of time to interrupt. This is a little worse than my pally but still unacceptable. Any comments or suggestions on builds?

I hear what you are saying, but I also disagree with most of what you have said here. My experience is both what you experienced but then I did some playing around. As arbiter build I can top the damage paingiver in some dungeons. As Devout I can keep just enough divinity to do what I need to do, which is heal bot.

Ill try to explain both with short explanations so this remains easy to read and get the point.

Arbiter ~ I only use two encounters. Javelin and Daunting Light. In that order. So if you take the "Lightspeed" feat it allows Daunting Light to have an instant cast if you use Javelin first.

My rotation looks like this if you use the above and end with a Tab press to utilize your stacks to replenish your divinity you can endlessly cycle this mechanic. All you need to work on is your quick twitch placement of Daunting Light. You will get better with it. Javelin can hit like a truck on multiple monsters if you line them up in a row.

Your 3rd encounter power can be anything you want. You can go for an off heal Bastion if you wanted to assist healing however; I have discovered this is not even necessary.

The key with Cleric is knowing when to press tab and I don't mean holding it down unless you are out of combat. ONLY hold tab if you are not in a fight. This is to top off your divinity in between fights. When you get better this becomes less of an issue because your cycle for Arbiter is better than that of Devout.

The new Cleric Arbiter Daily is awesome. Celestial Prominence. You double press the button. Once to set the target location, the second press will activate it. You can nuke groups of mobs with it easily. If you take Critical Sun feat, if you hit CP with a crit, you can immediately recast it, essentially spam it twice in a row. This might sound like it is a rare thing, but in my experience it seems to crit often. (which I'm actually afraid to admit because if it's nerfed then WTF).

Devout~ I only use Healing Word and Bastion. I know there are better but I've noticed Bastion doesn't require very much divinity so you can quickly spam it. So I open with Healing Word always and only save Bastion for when party members need it. If you use a quick cast of Blessing of Light at-will once it will empower your next Bastion cast. Also if you take the class power Desperate Prayers you can gain healing bonus when your divinity is low which it will always be, especially in long boss fights. The Devout is a little more difficult keeping divinity up and simple tab presses don't do squat. I don't even know if this is how it is suppose to be. To me it seems like an over site that its really not suppose to take so long to regen divinity in combat. Because with this method I have described, you basically can only use ONE encounter unless you spend more time trying to regen divinity. But in certain fights making this choice means someone is going to die. So it seems you are stuck as a Devout only using Bastion. But I honestly feel the Devs are unaware that this is the experience of Devout Clerics. It just seems wrong.

• Options
    krumple01 said:

<
    Devout~ I only use Healing Word and Bastion. I know there are better but I've noticed Bastion doesn't require very much divinity so you can quickly spam it. So I open with Healing Word always and only save Bastion for when party members need it. If you use a quick cast of Blessing of Light at-will once it will empower your next Bastion cast. Also if you take the class power Desperate Prayers you can gain healing bonus when your divinity is low which it will always be, especially in long boss fights. The Devout is a little more difficult keeping divinity up and simple tab presses don't do squat. I don't even know if this is how it is suppose to be. To me it seems like an over site that its really not suppose to take so long to regen divinity in combat. Because with this method I have described, you basically can only use ONE encounter unless you spend more time trying to regen divinity. But in certain fights making this choice means someone is going to die. So it seems you are stuck as a Devout only using Bastion. But I honestly feel the Devs are unaware that this is the experience of Devout Clerics. It just seems wrong.

Devouts gain divinity back by *holding* tab, and there's a feat to gain bonus divinity from releasing it at specific times. I would also suggest dropping the "buff my next heal" at-will in favour of the at-will that just heals - I find it more generally useful to be able to top people up than to buff a more expensive heal, because my expensive heals are already doing close to max HP restoration.

As well, with Bastion + Word you've got two powers that are basically the same: AoE heal, costing Divinity. Bastion is cheaper, Word doesn't require targeting, but that's the main difference between them.

On Devout, I've been having a lot of fun with the Cleanse power, which is basically Bastion with a lower heal (but my heals are strong enough) that also turns off negative statuses, including the Rune Banes from Master Expeditions. That's my main healing power, with the auto-target-lowest-HP-ally non-divinity one for backup, and Daunting Light as my third Encounter - if nobody needs heals, I drop a little damage out. DL is very cheap on Devout compared to Arbiter.
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    krumple01 said:

Arbiter ~ I only use two encounters. Javelin and Daunting Light. In that order. So if you take the "Lightspeed" feat it allows Daunting Light to have an instant cast if you use Javelin first.

My rotation looks like this if you use the above and end with a Tab press to utilize your stacks to replenish your divinity you can endlessly cycle this mechanic. All you need to work on is your quick twitch placement of Daunting Light. You will get better with it. Javelin can hit like a truck on multiple monsters if you line them up in a row.

Your 3rd encounter power can be anything you want. You can go for an off heal Bastion if you wanted to assist healing however; I have discovered this is not even necessary.

The key with Cleric is knowing when to press tab and I don't mean holding it down unless you are out of combat. ONLY hold tab if you are not in a fight. This is to top off your divinity in between fights. When you get better this becomes less of an issue because your cycle for Arbiter is better than that of Devout

This sounds roughly like what I do, except I use BtS or Geas at the onset to trigger doombringer class feat buff.

With a little luck and decent footwork and you become an AoE cannon. I generally quickly consume most pips that I get (1 or 3 of 6 radiant, 1 or 3 burning), and occasionally spend a 6 burning pip (courtesy of sudden judgement) as an extra fat hit SJ hit.

Coupled with perfect balance, I seldom need to use at-wills (only if I hit a sudden judgement dry spell or make a rotation error). If need be at-will for 3 pips quickly, which is usually enough to encounter and hope for sudden judgement. Keep track of perfect balance even between mob groups to maximize benefit, since the shift stacks have cooldowns long enough to survive the time it takes to move on to the next mob group.

Sub in FF for SJ on bosses (can be feated) works, but you run out of divinity faster. For Mod16 questline I didn't bother, since continued SJ+DL rotation worked fast enough / was more engaging than rolling in at-wills.

I've found this as a smooth solo setup, and engaging enough (you can line up multiple mob groups with SJ, and twich fire DL). It's nice to see that there are other setups that are meaningfully different in rotation and also seemingly decent.
    Post edited by dupeks on