test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This update is so bad Microsoft is bringing back windows Vista as best ever OS !!!!!

soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
We all know microsoft would like windows vista to be forgotten from pretty much everything but they heard how incredibly bad this update is and decided to scrap windows 10 and bring Vista back as the best new os ever. Even going so far as hiring back any employ fired over that disaster of an os and at double the salary no less. All kidding aside this has got to be the worst update in the history of updates to any game I have ever played.

After getting my ranger set all back up yesterday, I did the dread legion skirmish, which has no gear level requirement by the way, and the boss took over 10 minutes to kill. It looked like 5 fleas trying to take down a full grown german shepherd. I am not even kidding here.

You want feed back for this garbage, then here it is. Either roll back the server and just scrap underwhelming mountain or just shut the servers down. Either way you will do the game the best favor you could ever do.

I feel really sorry for the art department there. They probably busted their butts putting out a good looking new area only to have the rest of the devs just ruin the game.

Comments

• Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User

All kidding aside this has got to be the worst update in the history of updates to any game I have ever played.

Warhammer Online 1.4 patch was worse. *shudders* (and it killed that game for good)

A part of me would like to think that you are blowing things out of proportions, however, I can't hep but agree with the fact that if they do not take some action concerning the scaling of the level 70 content, very fast, this game might be headed towards its demise, which would be a damn shame.
  • Options
    axyremaxyrem Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Asherons Call 2 , Horizons, Warhammer must have had the same people in their teams before they killed their games some years ago....

Its sad to see a few people making decisions that ruin whole games and their communities..
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    wnxkrow said:

We all know microsoft would like windows vista to be forgotten from pretty much everything but they heard how incredibly bad this update is and decided to scrap windows 10 and bring Vista back as the best new os ever. Even going so far as hiring back any employ fired over that disaster of an os and at double the salary no less. All kidding aside this has got to be the worst update in the history of updates to any game I have ever played.

After getting my ranger set all back up yesterday, I did the dread legion skirmish, which has no gear level requirement by the way, and the boss took over 10 minutes to kill. It looked like 5 fleas trying to take down a full grown german shepherd. I am not even kidding here.

You want feed back for this garbage, then here it is. Either roll back the server and just scrap underwhelming mountain or just shut the servers down. Either way you will do the game the best favor you could ever do.

I feel really sorry for the art department there. They probably busted their butts putting out a good looking new area only to have the rest of the devs just ruin the game.

Well said
    I think the solo content areas are mostly fine (maybe with the exception of HEs in campaign zones). And for the most part I can learn to live with most of the other changes that have been implemented.

But totally agree with the OP on dungeons and skirmishes - taking 60 freaking minutes to run Malabog or Valindra, just to earn a piece of blue or purple level 60 gear and a chance at a green companion I can buy on the AH for a couple of thousand AD is an utter waste of time. And I'm not going to try it again.
  • Options
    driesy1driesy1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User

SPOT ON
  • Options
    zyronaxzyronax Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited April 2019

Hear, hear! You description of the current state of the game is both humorous and fittingly scathing of the train wreck, dumpster fire Mod 16 is. To no one's surprise (well, to any of us who're familiar with Cryptic's MO over several years of observation and hands-on experience,) Cryptic blithely ignored seemingly any and all feedback on critical issues (and are now asking for more feedback on the very same issues that have been reported for months on end lol).

Mod 16 - in terms of new campaign content is probably not too bad - but this so-called "overhaul"....what exactly was the point other than to nerf players, and - tinfoil hat time - possibly 'encourage' us to spend more money on things we've already spent tens-upon-tens of millions of AD on. (Yes, some of us spent hundreds, possibly thousands of dollars/euros/what-have-you along the way too.) There is literally nothing Cryptic can do to make me come back to this game short of rolling back this Frankenstein monstrosity of a system overhaul, and I mean rolling it all the way back to Mod 15 in regards to movement, boons, enchantments, removal of the single-worst form of scaling I've encountered to date over decades of gaming, etc.

As for me ever spending money on NW or any other current and future Cryptic/PWE product...trust is a fragile thing. It takes years to build, and only a moment to destroy. I don't trust Cryptic nor PWE to pick out a lunch menu, let alone design a game at this point. If I were to return and play NW in its present form, there is literally nothing I can do to ever make my 17.5K GWF main be as powerful, fast, and lethal as he was pre-Mod 16. I spent years progressing that character (not to mention the 13 alts ranging from 10-15K IL I have on the back-burner); that's why I've already left this game. When nothing I can do will ever reach the same heights that I previously worked my way towards and enjoyed, I have no desire nor motivation to keep playing (and spending money).

Game over.