test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

devs, please go easy on drops

wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
it is great adventure in new areas, i already cleared 12-18 slots, and they get filled too fast and not even the overflow loots can keep up, i was forced to run to safe spot to use up for refine several times and move overflow so i can complete a quest updates, almost 2 hours i get about 200,000 refine points.

with those run in undermountain, made Stronghold's siege run for rubies very outdated, that almost no guilds are running or hosting. most would love to see it get back to original form since it is only once a week. please unnerf it.

Comments

• Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Did I misunderstand something,,,

Someone saying there are too many items dropping a player can convert for refinement points?

I figure that's not something I can imagine too many other players are going to complain about.

I takes a couple of seconds for a player to dump refining items from their inventory to convert them to refinement points, no doubt longer for a player to trade with another character in their party who could use them and probably appreciate them... but for a player to ask the PTB to nerf drops for everyone because that one player doesn't need or want them, especially since unless something has changed most of those items can be, as I mentioned, traded, donated to guild coffers, placed in the guild bank, sold on the Auction House or just given away...

That's not something I believe I can personally get behind as a good idea.

My 2¢
    DD~
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    how about you just buy more bag space and suck it up lol
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    First player ever, to complain about having too much refinement.
    There's a first for everything I guess...
  • Options
    adabisiadabisi Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    While the rate of drops is substantial I am bored over the drops. Black Pearl and priceless plates...….In 4 hours of grind I received 57 priceless plates and some 40 pearls.....a little more variety and I dare say creativity.
    Today we fight the GAULS......monstrous and HAIRY beyond reason.
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    I will never understand people who actually complain about being rewarded for playing a game.
  • Options
    lukejones77lukejones77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User

I will never understand people who actually complain about being rewarded for playing a game.

He's not complaining about being rewarded, he's complaining about the reward being too easy.

If a game is "too easy", it diminishes its capacity for being fun. Taken to an extreme, to make it obvious, logging in to press a "Press this to WIN!!!" button, and then logging out again, becomes very boring very quickly.
    He already cited having gone through an effort with a siege campaign to get RP rubies, only to feel that the effort is diminished shortly after with a sense that RP is being handed out way too easily.

I guess my own response to that is that RP drop rates are situational, and things change over time. In this case, we have a massive change over a short time (Neverwinter 2.0) and the game will now need a lot more RP than it needed back then. Many, many other expensive things became near redundant with these big changes, and earlier efforts to farm RP is almost the least of it.

• Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    VIP reward today, no idea how long it will last, shows 50% off Runic Bag of Holding. I don't know if there's a limit but for the love of Bahamut - DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT RP DROPS.
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    You're getting too much RP?
    Good thing we don't need it eh? Oh wait we actually do, because all the enchants got one level increase, the insignias can be refined, you'll need to change all your artifacts, all your artifact gear, and your weapon set.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i never seen in short time filling up my bag, my main has all runic bags. lot of insignas, and now enchants popped off from companion gears, runes also. in 3-4 hours nearly 400k refined, the most ever seen.

not complaining about making refine points, it just too fast to keep up with inventory. not long enough to get away from mobs just respawning while still have loots on the ground not gathered. platinium plates is easy money just for workshop, it is nasty cash sink.

as noted, 400k was easy way to fill up 1 artifact to legendary/mythical.

just one thing really erks me the most, why those white pearls the lowest tier dropping in 80 level zones? it was too far outgrown for maxed level players.
  • Options
    cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    wylonus said:

it is great adventure in new areas, i already cleared 12-18 slots, and they get filled too fast and not even the overflow loots can keep up, i was forced to run to safe spot to use up for refine several times and move overflow so i can complete a quest updates, almost 2 hours i get about 200,000 refine points.

with those run in undermountain, made Stronghold's siege run for rubies very outdated, that almost no guilds are running or hosting. most would love to see it get back to original form since it is only once a week. please unnerf it.

You will need 12 million RP to upgrade each character to max with the changes and that doesn't include any upgrades to enchantments/runestones. You might have that since you only play one character but new players and people trying to upgrade their alts won't have that. I suggest you use that extra RP your raking in to build up enchantments to sell on the auction house.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    If you have enough RP banked already to be able to refine up all the new Weapon sets, artifacts, artifact gear, and increased ranks on Enchants, Bondings and other Runestones... I imagine a mega dump of RP in the early stages of Underdark *might* be seen as a bit "too much".
    But given most people won't have the millions of RP required for all of the above banked, I believe that asking for this to be nerfed falls into one of 3 categories.

1) A bit selfish ("I don't need it, so why should you?")
    2 ) A bit misguided ("Ah! So that's why they're doing it.")
    3) A bit devoid of anything else to complain about cos everyone else beat you to it. ("Grrr... I need something ELSE to moan about with Mod 16... but want to come up with something new!")

Just leave the drops alone, and make use of them. Unless you have already got a LOT, (and however much just entered your mind... it's a LOT more...) you'll need it.
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited April 2019
    Those saying you can buy more space, I have a runic bag wherever possible and a maxed out bank, but still keep going into overflow. It's quite the mess... Not gonna complain about drops but I'd really like one or two more bag slots...

PS. Just to say, with the right stuff in use, RP would be the least of your worries.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    wylonus said:

i never seen in short time filling up my bag, my main has all runic bags. lot of insignas, and now enchants popped off from companion gears, runes also. in 3-4 hours nearly 400k refined, the most ever seen.

not complaining about making refine points, it just too fast to keep up with inventory. not long enough to get away from mobs just respawning while still have loots on the ground not gathered. platinium plates is easy money just for workshop, it is nasty cash sink.

as noted, 400k was easy way to fill up 1 artifact to legendary/mythical.

just one thing really erks me the most, why those white pearls the lowest tier dropping in 80 level zones? it was too far outgrown for maxed level players.

OP, this request is solving for a problem few other players have.

I understand your predicament, but I hope you understand not all players have that experience, or that amount of free time to invest. To accede to your request, the devs would have to ignore all the other players who don't share your experience in-game.