test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TR important bug during Tales of Old event

I play a TR and other friends do... everyone who plays a TR has this important bug during Tales of Old event. It starts at IV run and finishes at the end of V run: the char has a great loss of hit points, and if you have a GF in party, with KV on, it suddenly applies to the char in a continuous and evident way. Please see the short movie I have taken, sorry for italian speaking (words are not important, only images are). Is this bug to be fixed at next event... or we should change class to play with ?

https://youtu.be/XppR9zSJr_A
Laksmi ---> splendid DC
Purple Knight ---> scoundrel TR
Surya Namaskar ---> strong GWF
Golia ---> fair GF
Nausicaa ---> dark SW
Pallyda ---> growing up OP

Comments

• Options
    leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User

I play a TR and other friends do... everyone who plays a TR has this important bug during Tales of Old event. It starts at IV run and finishes at the end of V run: the char has a great loss of hit points, and if you have a GF in party, with KV on, it suddenly applies to the char in a continuous and evident way. Please see the short movie I have taken, sorry for italian speaking (words are not important, only images are). Is this bug to be fixed at next event... or we should change class to play with ?

https://youtu.be/XppR9zSJr_A

it comes from enemies can poison i believe, OP paladin for example can hurt enemies with some abilities.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    And stems from taking damage from using At-Wills.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    As a DC, I cast DG on a TR and it started the continuous bleed. The next run, I cast HG and the bleed started again.
  • Options
    dominious12dominious12 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    On devotion OP I can poison everyone using divine call.
  • Options
    rishikesa#0564 rishikesa Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    Thx for your answers, but I don't think it's so simple.
    1) this problem doesn't come from taking damage using At-Wills, because this difficulty starts at third level, but the TR problem starts at forth level
    2) this problem doesn't come from enemies poison, because it starts at the initial campfire of the forth run, it lasts for the whole run and mostly it is also present when there are not mobs around. In the little movie I have posted, the character was alone without mobs. And most of all... it only affects Trickster Rogues.
    Laksmi ---> splendid DC
    Golia ---> fair GF
    Nausicaa ---> dark SW
  • Options
    agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    I noticed this during a T5 run I made with a friend TR, in the same conditions: At the beginning of T4, and continuously. And it only affected the TR, my GWF wasn't impacted.
  • Options
    elwing#6559 elwing Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Just wanted to create that thread myself so...

Tales of Old: Continuous Procing of "Darklord" Poison Damage on TR
    At the 4th and 5th run of the Tales of Old dungeon, you'll suffer from poison damage from enemies.
    With the TR (and as far as I know with no other class) a disturbing bug occurs.
    The TR will not only take damage over time from the “Darklord” poison damage in combat and shortly after – the TR will take continuous damage the whole time, even when out of combat and far away from other party members.

https://youtu.be/ZAyO-LSZVC4

The damage itself wouldn't be the problem – you have a party/lifesteal to heal you. The real problem is, that this damage over time inhibits stealth regeneration. Even to a point where your stealth bar stops right before it is full.

https://youtu.be/BhBZsAhUbjw

This is really game-breaking for the TR, because stealth is the core mechanic of this class.

I hope you can find a way to fix this bug.
    Ligula Trickfoot
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    It is noticeable on TR but the effect is there on everyone. The Darklord (enemy attacks poisonous) is proccing on almost any effect that applies to a character. Even one's own feats can proc it. RJC said Judge was poisoning him on his Paladin. It wouldn't be surprising if some TR feat is doing it constantly.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Pitshade, I think you don't play a TR...
    Post edited by rishikesa#0564 on
    Laksmi ---> splendid DC
    Golia ---> fair GF
    Nausicaa ---> dark SW
  • Options
    gigalens#6466 gigalens Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    A have friend TR and he told me:
    "Yeah this happens to my TR too!! At first I thought maybe it was the poison but after several runs I came to the conclusion it’s definitely a bug that only happens to TRs. Also I went on my GWF several times and this never happened, than I was in a group and there was another TR as well and it happened to them. Definitely a TR only bug!"
  • Options
    akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    Had the same thing happen all event with my TR. every time I got any type of buff from the other members it started the poison. Also one time I did notice that Invoking started the damage too. For some reason with TR when we get poisoned it just never ends.
  • Options
    PLS DEVS, take care of the TR !
    Laksmi ---> splendid DC
    Golia ---> fair GF
    Nausicaa ---> dark SW
  • Options
    percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Greetings,

This issue is being investigated, thank you all for your help!

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • Options
    elwing#6559 elwing Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    It is still there. T4 of Tales of the Old and it is the same dot problem happening as the last time.
    Ligula Trickfoot
  • Options
    akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    honestly i dont know why anyone expected that this would be fixed. two different threads were posted on it and we even had a moderator state that it was being investigated yet still the bug is there. typical Cryptic bug fixing for a repeating event. Just ignore and have the class suffer.
  • Options
    akemnos said:

honestly i dont know why anyone expected that this would be fixed. two different threads were posted on it and we even had a moderator state that it was being investigated yet still the bug is there. typical Cryptic bug fixing for a repeating event. Just ignore and have the class suffer.

secound tales of old event, and after disconecting you still cant rejoin. had a DC disconnect during fourth run, i will not do tales of old ever again.
  • Options
    3 months later... same bug. We are arrived at the second edition of Tales of Old event... but TR class is still bugged. Cryptic, please do something !!! I understand... there is the new module... but FIRST let players play the actual game in a fine way. Thanks
    https://youtu.be/3P2y7ODRAM4
    Laksmi ---> splendid DC
    Golia ---> fair GF
    Nausicaa ---> dark SW
  • Options

3 months later... same bug. We are arrived at the second edition of Tales of Old event... but TR class is still bugged. Cryptic, please do something !!! I understand... there is the new module... but FIRST let players play the actual game in a fine way. Thanks
    https://youtu.be/3P2y7ODRAM4

they gave up on fixing bugs for mod 15, best you can hope for is that mod 16 will remove skills that have this bugged interactions.
    sidenote, mod 16 tales of old gonna be fun, fighting against 20 mobs with AoE CC, without CC immunity must be enjoyable.