test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

MOD 16: PvP Feedback

vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
I noticed there hasn't been a thread on PvP feedback for Mod 16.

Here is some feedback on initial testing:
  • People are being one-shot by dailies and artifacts (which are broken AF), and certain classes can still melt others in a few seconds, or perma stun.

• Certain powers, the stun/root/daze/hold powers, will need a look into, and perhaps only have half-effectiveness in PvP (as is currently the case with most powers on live)

• Please also consider putting back control diminishing returns. I was stun-locked by one of the few classes and killed in a matter of a few seconds. Not fun!

• Not sure what you can do about dailies, but one-shotting shouldn't be the way to go, even though your new pass at dailies are making them "much more effective" in general play. This will need a lot of fine-tuning to place values within 'liveable' (i.e. not one shot) amounts within PvP

• An option for some points above would be to consider putting back PvP damage reduction (and if so, possibly a corresponding healing reduction)
Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
Post edited by vordayn on

Comments

• Options
    gijogie#3101 gijogie Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    On the Barbie, their punishing charge encounter stuns whether you dodge or not. It also deals 100k+ damage, and stuns you for 4 seconds, which means they can prone you, then use IBS on you and kill you. They are extremely broken. They take no damage, and deal stupendous amounts.
    fighters gain ap at such an astounding rate, that if they use a day, they can just use an encounter and it fills itto 100%. This means that in pvp, since like just about every other class, they're dailies oneshot, this means that if you get a lucky dodge or block, they hit you another one a couple seconds later.
    Could you guys please add tenacity once again to pvp? It could help solve so many of these problems, and it could prevent future issues like the Mane of the Manticore from happening.

Also the underdark minions that the Bracers of the Successor summons, hit for 40k MINIMUM. So when you get that chance to summon an army of them, everyone in the area is as a good as dead, unless they use the Gonds Anvil of Creation, which brings me to my next topic.

Gonds Anvil of Creation hits for 1.9 million damage. I dont think I have to say more there.

Rangers and warlocks are extremely underpowered to the point where I could stand still, and use the wheel of elements water heal, and they cant kill me.

I will definitely have more to say eventually, but for now, this is what I could think of offthe top of my head.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Jesus.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    There were several comments about AP gain being broken on Fihhter class... apart from many other stuff
  • Options
    deterrant#6687 deterrant Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    How can you balance PVP in a game that is created for PVE??

You might wanna start thinking that, really, because now you are balancing PVE and bringing disparity to PVP, which is dead BTW, while balancing PVP will bring disparity to PVE, you cannot have both, never.

Because if you want a PVP game you need to make it a PVP game, and it better be balanced or nobody will play it, atm maybe a handful of people randomly play PVP. Its dead, gone and dead and never will be revived until you get some facts straight.

There is not a single game in this world where both are balanced at the same time. The balance is kept on one or the other.

Master of one or master of none.
  • Options
    edited March 2019

This game was created with a PvP mode. A module was created also with PvP in mind.

It was called tenacity, and it's currently missing from PvP.

Its dead, gone and dead and never will be revived until you get some facts straight.

It isn't dead, much to your incorrect belief. Which is exactly why this post was created, because we want to get the details correct instead of having to hot fix things months later.

Your input here is non-constructive and I would appreciate you not posting in this thread without any constructive feedback.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    edited March 2019

2. Certain powers will stun/root/daze/interrupt, but they can't be spammed anymore

The problem is not the spamming, but some powers with stun/root/daze/interrupt are chained currently with other powers that will cause a 'one-rotation' against a character. A 'one-rotation' in PvP is when a player uses a set of powers in which the the other player cannot avoid and is killed very quickly with, usually without having to repeat the powers e.g. Encounter 1 + Encounter 2 + Encounter 3 = death. Of course, there are other variations, sometimes it involves broken artifacts or items etc.

If you haven't tested this on the PvP Preview server, then please don't comment on something you have little experience, or indeed facts, about.

3. I belive that the Tenacity buff the one in the buff bar, where it states that armor pen , crit severity and players deal less damage, is turned off on preview.

I am putting forth reasons why it should be reinstated.

Please ask developers and read developer posts before making threads like this, because people spread rumours, and eventually thats how missinformation is goin to be a big factor.

These aren't rumours. These are actual things that I and others who have been on Preview, tested. And there aren't any developer posts specifically for PvP, hence why this post was created. There was a gap in coverage, and I aim to fix that.

You attempting to diminish my, and others, efforts to fix something we enjoy about this game is not appreciated.
  • Options
    kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User

There were several comments about AP gain being broken on Fihhter class... apart from many other stuff

Right now, "Into The Fray" on the Fighter can produce staggering AP gain. ITF + 2 encounters or a few at-wills can fill your action points.

From a PvP point of view I think Dailys are completely broken as a concept. The Devs have been aiming for Dailys to do 1/5th of your total DPS, but since your AP now takes a minute or two to fill, a single at-will does 1/5th of TWO MINUTES worth of damage all at once, meaning dailys that hit for 800K to a million damage is possible for a geared character. If the devs want to keep thier 1/5th formula, they should halve the damage of individual dailys and double the AP gain - it's no change to total DPS, but it makes thing slot less "bursty" and more survivable.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • Options
    picar66picar66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    They can balance pve and pvp, when there are complete different type of skills, trees and boons and maybe forced gear(stats). This has to be build around the 8 classes we have. For 2 you are supposed to win EACH fight, for 4 other you are same and for 2 you will EVER lose fight.
    Then pvp will be more strategic and not realy boring long fights as it seems with mod16 statvaluechanges.
    just my 2 cent