test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Too Much Too Fast (Really For The Developers)

mwkmwk Member Posts: 401 Arc User
For everything Mod 16, well TheAssistMan from YouTube states everything so perfectly. I'm posting for a reason to point out some feedback that people have stated and also many videos that I'm seeing are stating basically the same vibe. It's too much-too-fast!

Neverwinter Mod 16 Has Me A Bit Worried - Is It Too Much Too Fast? By The Assist Man is the perfect example!

Mod 16 and from my personal thoughts of what I'm seeing from forums and game-play videos. Well, I have to make the statement that Mod 16 is just too much-too fast! So I concur with TheAssistMan, 100%. Sure we all want balance, but at the same time, I really think the problem is really focused by the community towards the PvP area. I totally understand, however we all concur or most of the community at least knows that Mod 16 is just a complete failure in some areas. My take is that taking too much out like the feats, boons, recovery, lifesteal, and etc simply creates more problems.

This PvP problem is lifesteal and recovery by stacking. Honestly I really think that lifesteal and recovery should be stats on gear only, not on enchantments. Enchantments is what caused the issue with stacking, so that's my take.

Furthermore without I feel like bring it...OH SNAP I'M DYING

With the encounter skills so much as they are with long cooldowns it's going to be like without recovery or lifesteal. Especially recovery removal!

I don't need anyone stating it's ok, because it's not! The impression on Mod16 is that the game boons and also feats is so limited! Also feats and boons need to be considered as changing them any time by toggle! The real impression from the community is that we all play differently and taking that away to make it more limited is rather, well boring. The real reason in truth, depending on what path they take is how they feel that they need more balance. Sadly that's why I'm *facepalm*. Let me get this straight, this game has variety ways to work for different advantages to play well, and taking that away by being so limited is what is going to make players leave! The feats are fine and that's what matters.

For the record one step at a time. Please just give us the content, rather than creating such a mess that is so stressful for all you developers all at once, which is the real truth. I appreciate the time to actually give the classes more balance, but at the same time it's just not right by how it's all approached.

Companions seem ok I guess, but bugged? However, removing things is just a disaster to make it worse? I don't know? Nerf all artifacts and all that, well um? Ok I'm not going to post every video. However, The Assist Man on YouTube. Honestly I don't use YouTube as much, however the account is only by email or gmail, since YouTube is owned by Google. Anyways this man deserves a subscribe to his channel! I mean I'm starting to see the real issues and TheAssistMan really gets down to the feedback better than I can. The point is Cryptic, you all are doing it so fast this time and that's creating more problems! Trying to change everything so fast seems to create more issues that takes the player to figure out those issues. Also the bugs and glitches that happen with these changes, well not something we need so fast! Little at a time please!

The only issue I see is the stacking lifesteal and recovery with enchantments. That way it's not over drastic to cause a PvP problem advantage, but enough to make it help for game-play by keeping those stats in gear only; keeping lifesteal in boons is ok to stay too.

Week 2 is a marked improvement over week 1 a bit in some areas I guess. However, it's still not right! Ability scores have no meaning anymore!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbM4d3kCtog[/video]

I'm trying to figure out everything for balance, however creating a complicated re-change of everything for the game Neverwinter is simply not the answer!

Honestly the problem is the community itself stacking lifesteal and recovery enchantments! THAT'S ALL THAT I SEE AS A PROBLEM! They all want to be gods. However, taking away lifesteal and recovery from enchantments seems reasonable for fairplay. However for example, trickster rogues are spongy, do damages per second, and with lifesteal that's the balance for us to survive by chance. So to get this straight lifesteal needs to be on gear stats and not enchantments. Personally I like the feeling of.....of crying of defeat or surviving. So stacking lifesteal and recovery enchantments is the problem and it solves the problem only by being in gear itself as stats.

My point is that for all you developers out there in Cryptic productions, please slow down a bit! Simply I'm stating Mod16 is complete disaster to find all those balances, especially when the game is bugged/glitched, and nerfing some areas that are beneficial to perform reasonably well in game-play. I'm just stating that how I see Mod16, the game is literally going no where and changing the game so fast for us to test is simply just creating problems for some classes to figure out everything. Just changing everything just makes it worse doing so much at a time, which is what I'm mostly seeing.

Post edited by mwk on

Comments

• Options
    ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    Hang on a sec . . . . I really think the problem is really focused by the community towards the PvP area is what you highlight first? Clearly you are not in touch with the player base which is almost exclusively PVE.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    ragnarz2 said:

Hang on a sec . . . . I really think the problem is really focused by the community towards the PvP area is what you highlight first? Clearly you are not in touch with the player base which is almost exclusively PVE.

As far as lifesteal and recovery...yes. However, I stated that because that's how I'm mostly concerned. The whole stack and I concur with the developers on that, but at the same time classes need those stats. I'll tell you right now, I only have recovery only by gear and play considerably well. Stacking by enchantments is the problem! Everything else is stated as it's too fast. Sorry I confused you. Trying to put this all out for discussion, there is a lot to think about all at once, so please watch Neverwinter Mod 16 Has Me A Bit Worried - Is It Too Much Too Fast? By TheAssistMan and we can start from there. Mod16 is just a disaster, because it's forced on the playerbase too fast with many changes.

KEEP LIFESTEAL AND RECOVERY IN GEAR ONLY, NOT ENCHANTMENTS! That solves the problem of stacking. Otherwise those encounters need to be 12 secs, not 20 secs, and have those feats or skills that help with the cooldowns.

I'm stating that I'm fine with the game right now...not mod 16. What are the problems now in Mod15? Because I see many people in disappointment on the mod16 preview with YouTube videos! Mod16 just makes it worse, which is how it is by being so limited and has no variety in game-play style. That's what I'm seeing by comments everywhere! I'm not going argue, but what I see is what I see. Yes there is some good to some classes, however don't tell me you played every single class with every single race! I feel that mod16 lost the variety and being so limited is creating performance to be slowed down by drastic amounts that doesn't make any sense.

Post edited by mwk on
  • Options
    motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    I tend to agree with your general assessment "too much too fast", but find the detailed "analysis" a bit out of touch with the real problems. In any case, realistically the devs will adjust a couple of small things, but will not change the general design of MOD 16, which is what you are suggesting. In fact, from a development perspective and efficient allocation of resources it does not make much sense, to roll back almost all changes to core systems in MOD 16. We will have to live with them and they are not really that bad, if the devs get the "details" right, when MOD 16 goes live. These "details" are
    - scaling issues in the low tier dungeons (atm catastrophic for the majority of players, which have IL in the range 7k-12k)
    - providing more meaningful choices for feats, powers and boons (not just as the intended design philosophy, but really more meaningful)

Your idea of lifesteal and recovery on gear only is actually not that bad, if MOD 16 were a "normal" MOD with a limited number of changes, keeping core systems intact. But MOD 16 is quite obviously a major overhaul (a tremendous challenge especially for the low tier content, which is played by the majority of players). We should do everything to help them to master this challenge.
  • Options
    vendoodvendood Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    The devs in this case have a dilemma. They need to replace the old code that they don't understand anymore and have trouble modifying/updating/even just copy-pasting it forward into new events etc. (And of course, they have actual, real, mostly-endgame PvE issues that need to be addressed.)

Once you start replacing old code, you find that it links to this other chunk of code, and then this other chunk of code... and you either patch all those little pieces individually, or you just rip it all out together and put in new code.

But then you think, hey, awesome, they will put in newer, better, cooler code, right?

Wrong.

They are putting in less, simpler, dumbed-down, everything-the-same code, with fewer options and variations, many of which are not well thought out or designed for good playability. It is also just as full of bugs and issues as everything else the current team has done, although at least they are working on some of those as people report them.

You can debate whether this is all done as part of a master plan, whether it is simply a case of "we have to do it, but we don't have the programming manpower and the design talent to do it well", or whether they really are using their own metrics and data to pick a direction for the game that is more in line with what "today's gamer" wants.

They can't slow down, they can't do it in pieces, and apparently this is what we're getting whether anyone wants it or not. So adapt or move on, that's your choice here.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    THIS IS CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM so be prepared for it!

Why everywhere I go, I see horrible comments about Mod 16 by majority? Why is every aftermath by video feedback from streamers have concerns about the Mod 16 preview gameplay after almost 2 weeks passed test release? Still everyone on zone chat in game, YouTube, and everywhere else like Reddit or elsewhere is basically stating Mod 16 is poorly executed! Also these are from people that are playing the preview too! I mean really all I see is negative, negative, negative, and even after something is slightly fixed, the game is still horrible negative by comments of what I see and hear from video uploads! Why? Because Mod 16 changes keep taking away things to make it even worse! It's like the developers are still being limited by taking away the essential parts for the classes to perform well by messing up the skills of the paragons. I see zone chat and someone states that Lurkers (Daily Power) is only obtained by Whisperstrike paragon path only on Rogue, but at level 80?! I play Infiltrator and Lurkers is the most useful daily power skill in the game and also shady preparations feat! I NEED LURKERS and shady preparations feat! So Mod 16 is forcing me to play something I don't want to play by paragon? I don't think so and isn't lurkers on both paragons? I mean really I'm starting to feel that everything is messed up! So really what now? Skills don't make sense at all to perform exceptionally well! The game is lost by variety by removing recovery on top of that limited use of gameplay.

I need 3,271+543 (from companion is the +543) to perform well. I probably can live with 543 recovery off, which is the companion stat from 510 item level gold ring.

I tried at least 1,094+543 recovery, one knife only, and took off my gloves that have recovery to test something. Testing the rogue class with recovery off and only 1,094+543 recovery, which is one weapon only, I perform getting knocked around for sure and didn't perform well; luckly survived by lifesteal. Imagine taking off 1,094 and that 543 recovery from companion. I perform like garbage! What I was looking at is my cooldowns on encounters and using shady preparations isn't enough for feat! So really this is real scenario gameplay! I'm being real here! I could barely hit to kill a target and relied on my at-wills, which is ridiculous to wait for an encounter skill during the fight.

So I ask why have the cooldowns at 20 secs for encounters and force the classes to use at-wills like 80-90% of the time? If stacking lifesteal and recovery is a problem for the developers? Just have lifesteal and recovery in gear stats only, not enchantments! Recovery in gear seems like the balance to perform well and I think that's all we need. Besides I only have recovery by gear stats only and not enchantment stacks. Lifesteal is just by dark enchantments I think on my characters. However, I believe lifesteal is on gear stats too, which I can live with somewhere and also by campaign boons. Lifedrinker enchantment as I heard from the TheAssistMan might seem to work for lifesteal I guess, but recovery is the main issue so please just leave recovery in gear stats!

With all these changes, I'm still getting vibes that the game being so limited on boons and feats, also no lifesteal and recovery, we will perform like trash! So removal of recovery isn't logical in my mind by stripping it away completely! It doesn't make sense for Mod 16 to be so limited by feats and boons! Also again to remove lifesteal and recovery from the game completely when the developers didn't even think forward to keep some essential game intact for balance gameplay, especially having encounters at a whopping 20 seconds! I mean where is the sense of mind? I'm sorry Cryptic, but constructive criticism is sure enough to cause so much stress towards all of you, because sure enough that's the community rant that I'm seeing everywhere! This why I state Is It Too Much Too Fast? Well yes it is!

The only good I see is healer classes! That's it! Perhaps the archer just a bit better, because well you can still switch between melee and archery skills still with some improvements? Every other class is just garbage I'm assuming by what people are stating everywhere by playing the preview! So really prove me wrong here, when that's all I see over a past 1 week and a half! I'm not happy! I'm following everything on Mod 16, so why even test it for myself? I'm seeing majority of the community stating, "I'm leaving the game"! However, I'm not leaving this game, but how I see the progression of Mod 16, there is absolutely no logical sense in the game itself and poorly executed so far! Probably might just role-play or fool around until a fix? People are not impressed by majority and that's all I see everywhere! So really are we satisfied with Mod 16 or not? Are you or are you just rolling with it? Because I see some people here stating it's ok with a few bugs/glitches, being so calm with it, when it's not even considered by majority of people that have played it so far! So what's up with that? I guess I'll roll with it? I see there's major issues with Mod 16 by being limited, especially when everything is switched around by skills and how everything else is limited! When Mod 16 comes out, I might feel that my classes don't feel the same. So here I am playing Neverwinter, since August 2018 I believe, and now I'm facing Mod 16 that doesn't make any sense! It's ridiculous being so strong willed and get so ignored by not trying some suggestions that seem to work by my thoughts. I understand fundamentals enough to understand how classes work! The reason why I even came here to Neverwinter is by a friend that played this game, but can't afford internet at the moment. Also less exploits and everything being server-sided in a way by parts of the game. I mean really I'm happy playing this game and now this? Wiping everything from the game, replacing it by something that is limited, and having our ability scores not even match to our class nature! I mean what is this? People invested into this game and now limiting the artifacts. Also seriously what's with the nerf of every class by messing everything up? So I'm easily paranoid right now dealing with changes that don't make any sense at all!

Neverwinter Mod 16 Has Me A Bit Worried - Is It Too Much Too Fast? by TheAssistMan PLEASE WATCH DEVELOPERS! THAT'S THE PERFECT FEEDBACK!

Ability scores DO NOT MAKE SENSE FOR CLASSES ANYMORE by how the skills are and FORCING THE PLAYER BASE TO RE-ROLL when it doesn't make sense at all! You're missing why classes need lifesteal and recovery...KEY PERSPECTIVE..and also the class nature! That's why I stated lifesteal and recovery needs to be in gear stats only! NOTHING IS FOLLOWING THE GAME BY HOW IT WORKS BY SKILLS OF THE CLASSES AND HOW THEY ARE DEFINED and I'm sure this new method isn't much thought into it, besides the companions, which is the only thing I guess I like in MOD 16 or can live with. So changing and stripping everything is just nonsense!

So my advice is slow down! Keep the old! Please take some suggestions from the community slowly with what we have now, because being limited and stripping away everything in the game that we have now in Mod15 is simply a disaster! Otherwise I'm sorry to state by actual influence, since I'm not the only one stating this. I will hate to leave this game or deal with these poor executed changes! NO ONE LIKES MOD 16 because it's LIMITED and ridiculous!

Is it ok or just roll with it? The community and I have stated elsewhere, but someone has to put the real constructive criticism out there, which is me!

I read one comment by Galatic Underwear, which is also a game streamer. He posts a comment on the TheAssistMan-Neverwinter Mod 16 Has Me A Bit Worried - Is It Too Much Too Fast?

I qoute. Everything is messed up, I spend 10 hours minimum a day on preview, rotations are non existant, you just press the next available off cooldown encounter, artis broken one shot everything.. certain comps one shotting all bosses in lair of the mad mage.. stats are almost impossible to be balanced because all gear has those specific stats on them.. legendary mounts have less stats then blue companions:) no synergies. some stats aren't working, paragon paths all mixed up.. and so much more..trust me man it's a ******* mess.. they need to patch the **** out of it with fixes.. the ap gain is horrible.. and if they don't change that we are ******.. not fun if you can't use a single rotation.. meh..

SO REALLY HOW IS MOD 16 FOR THE WHOLE COMMUNITY? Please do better than this and keep real by what we have now with improvements. Taking away everything is simply making it worse without much thought!

• Options
    edited March 2019
    vendood said:

The devs in this case have a dilemma. They need to replace the old code that they don't understand anymore and have trouble modifying/updating/even just copy-pasting it forward into new events etc. (And of course, they have actual, real, mostly-endgame PvE issues that need to be addressed.)

Once you start replacing old code, you find that it links to this other chunk of code, and then this other chunk of code... and you either patch all those little pieces individually, or you just rip it all out together and put in new code.

But then you think, hey, awesome, they will put in newer, better, cooler code, right?

Wrong.

They are putting in less, simpler, dumbed-down, everything-the-same code, with fewer options and variations, many of which are not well thought out or designed for good playability. It is also just as full of bugs and issues as everything else the current team has done, although at least they are working on some of those as people report them.

You can debate whether this is all done as part of a master plan, whether it is simply a case of "we have to do it, but we don't have the programming manpower and the design talent to do it well", or whether they really are using their own metrics and data to pick a direction for the game that is more in line with what "today's gamer" wants.

They can't slow down, they can't do it in pieces, and apparently this is what we're getting whether anyone wants it or not. So adapt or move on, that's your choice here.

I don't think you understand here. Adapt or move on? Um how can I when, it's basically a stressful thing that the developers did to themselves by removing everything!

Lets see how the game works with recovery and lifesteal in the game, but only be gear stats. Also fix everything with ability scores definition by nature class and everything else to be right on paragon skills! Thank you very much for creating such much a mess for a community and also something that will cause months to solve to get it all correct by how much of a mess Mod 16 is!

I'm trying to help, but nope. Just make it make sense like the old original please! My gosh Mod 16 is a mess! I've seen every gameplay preview by review so far!