test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Allegedly fixed artisan recruitment bug just happened

vigor#8801 vigor Member Posts: 196 Arc User
So, I go to view applications and there is a decent artisan who is much better than my current artisan. I go dismiss the current artisan, come back to hire this new decent one and instead of the decent one, the applicant is an absolutely awful one.

The new artisan being awful is irrelevant. It was a different artisan. In order to hire them I must leave the screen to go fire someone. When I come back I expect to be able to hire that person who I just fired someone in order to hire.

Surely this is not by design. We shouldn't have to fire one of our very limited number of artisans in order to have the ability to hire an applicant.

Comments

• Options
    victus#2727 victus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Yup, this bug happened to me last week. Went to fire someone, went to hire new applicant and it was a completely different one.
  • Options
    poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    This bug just happened to me right now. Will it ever be fixed?...
    Reproduction: see the desirable artisan application when the artisan roster is full, switch to artisans management to dismiss one artisan (it usually bugs if I dismiss the artisan of the same profession as the one I want to hire, but not always), switch back to applications and see how the applicant you wanted to accept gets replaced by some other, totally different one.
    Post edited by poisoncloud on
  • Options
    dagger2b#1156 dagger2b Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I've had this happen too
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,240 Arc User
    I am not aware it was mentioned anywhere saying this was fixed.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,240 Arc User

Maybe it wasn't mentioned. Maybe it just stopped happening to me a lot. What are we going to do, look through every update? Maybe they didn't. This is the third time it has happened since I made this post. I think at the time of the module release it was happening more frequently. Maybe I only thought it was fixed because I had a run of good luck? Either way it isn't fixed.

It just happened to me where someone I wanted to hire got replaced by the person i fired to hire him.

Then, it was just it did not happen to you for a while. What you described has been happening for a long time and it was not fixed. Many people has been reporting it. If they did not mention it in the patch note, it is not fixed. Even if they mention that in the patch note, I will not believe it right the way neither.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***