test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

QoL improvements desperately needed for the preview shard.

zogarazogara Member Posts: 37 Arc User
I have a feeling this will be completely ignored by the devs, but I have to try.

Right now, there's very little available that helps people test things on the preview shard. For example, there are uncommon ranked Chult artifact weapons available for 1 copper at the AD trader, but the items needed to get those to legendary aren't easily available.

Everything revolves around you spamming character copies of characters that actually have the required items, which is time consuming, and mind numbing. Especially since shared bank slots are stuck at their minimum, with no way to get more.

Also, coal wards NEED to be available for free/1 copper each. There's absolutely no reason to force us to constantly copy characters just to get access to basic things for testing.

Then there's the fact that if you want to test any new end-game stuff, you had better have a character on live that's already geared for it, because there's no easy way to really gear up characters on the test shard. And why aren't ALL enchantments available, and at max rank?

And please make it so that you don't need a full party, or a party at all, to create a guild. Having to rely on others just to get access to testing stuff is asinine.

Please, PLEASE make changes to the test shard so people can actually easily TEST things!

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2018
    I mean, why put a test vendor in strongholds when it's so hard to actually make a guild on the test shard? It's not even easy to join a current guild, as you have to hope a recruiter is on, and that they aren't afk, and that they actually do invite you.

It's utterly ridiculous.

Make it easier to test things so people would be more willing to get on the test server to help test.
  • Options
    I see these still are issues...

Seriously, make the test server a place to fully test things. Forcing people to grind in the live version just to have resources in the "test" server defeats the entire purpose of the PTS...
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    This would be nice. I was shocked by the inability to test so much stuff on the preview server. I used to play DDO and they have a whole area that has weapons, armor, and the availability to buy just about everything you need to respec your character and get stuff that's needed for testing. It even includes kobolds with massive hps for testing out powers on.
  • Options
    pentagram#8962 pentagram Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Agree one thousand times over.
    There should be a preview vendor sat in the middle of protector's enclave selling every item in the game for 1 copper, including 999 gold.

Even just basic things:
    - Coalescent wards
    - Enchanted Keys
    - Every type of enchantment
    - Latest 3 modules of gear both for PvP and PvE for every class

Also a vanity handbook to the game:
    A book item that you can hold. You can read it. In the book it lists every type of buff you have currently affecting your character. A list of the damage of every encounter power, daily and at-will you currently have active.

Just actually useful stuff in-game for testing. Imagine how much easier it would be to test bugs if your vanity handbook tells you your Griffons Wrath should be hitting for 1.6mil on the next swing and it hits instead for 800k?

I know that focusing on content is the priority for the developers. But I'm pretty sure recently they've been getting the message that quality over quantity is a requirement for this game in the eyes of the community. The only way to achieve that is by positively promoting bug testing and giving players - and probably developers too - the right tools to effectively do it.
  • Options
    pentagram#8962 pentagram Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Would also like to add that the professions debug store, whilst very useful, is also just not as helpful as it could be. For example, on live there are Zen items that instantly rank your professions to level 70... But not on preview.
    There's also no store for masterwork crafting items. Plus the masterwork store in the Bazaar is bugged (ironic) as it sells multiple copies of masterwork III scrolls, but not masterwork II.

Dunno if it would help. But I advise the OP to slightly reformat this thread and just add a list of things they think are top priority items needed to help playtesters. That way if the devs/mods/community managers do see it they have a simple and easy reference point from which to see what people want in preview. Hopefully will increase the chances of actually getting some change on pts.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Give everyone VIP on Mimic across the board. It's great for marketing too - let people see how useful it is on Mimic and they'll want to buy it for themselves on Live. (*cough* same for owlbear... *cough*)