test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Workshop feedback and suggestions

Suggestions for improvement:
1. Allow characters to log directly into their workshop area. It's time consuming to have to log into Protector's Enclave only to be in a mass of other characters trying to also access the workshop area through the door.
2. Add supplies vendor and mailbox access points inside the workshop. Even with VIP its annoying to have to constantly re-summon these two from within the workshop area. Without VIP, you have to leave the workshop (loading screen), travel to vendor, return to workshop (loading screen), and then back to crafting table. Accessing mail is the same, such as mailing materials between characters.
3. Make crafting resources account-wide. I can only imagine the amount of mail items in the system for moving crafting materials back and forth between characters on the same account. Time wise, say you realize you need a material that another of your character has, you have to log out of that character and log in with the other, mail yourself the item or use your limited shared vault space, and then log out of the 2nd character and log back in with the 1st. If this took too long, your 1st character is no longer in your workshop and you have to go through a loading screen to get back there.
4. Add a second delivery space and separate crafted goods deliveries from gathering deliveries. Given that you cannot use morale to speed up gathering, in order to level gathering to be close to your profession's level for needed materials you have to not assign any crafting tasks. Otherwise, given crafting tasks typically shorter completion times most of your delivery space is used for crafted goods resulting in crafting gaining more experience than gathering. For example, on one character, their tailoring is up to 70, leatherworking is in the mid 60's, and gathering is 64. When the module went live, I chose tailoring and both started at 57. Leatherworking was added later. With this I currently now have to use the highest gathering character (that one) to gather materials for another character, because that one's crafting is higher than it can gather, and so on down through 5 characters.
5. Increase the amount of delivery space and get rid of needing to complete level based quests in order to "remote manage" your crafting. I understand the desire to want to give crafting it's own "experience", but as it's a "wait for x to complete" interaction, the majority of your time is spend in loading screens and back/forth trips into your workshops. This is especially evident when you first start crafting, where you have little space and tasks are just short enough that you can't really go run off and do a task in a different zone. You've created all of this game content and now redesigned your trade systems to a point where you have to choose between enjoying that content or waiting for a crafting task to complete.
6. Add some additional skill leveling items to the trades. Given the gold drain that these tasks can be, perhaps add items that are intended to be sold back to the vendor for a small gold profit. Right now the only two uses I see for gold are unsocketing enchantments and crafting. Characters having a bunch of gold isn't going to impact the play of the game really at all.

Reason for these suggestions:
As a player, I want to spend my time actually playing the game, not just staring at load screens and other items that basically make you "wait around" unnecessarily.

Comments

• mlathanmlathan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    My biggest gripe is that you buy a Premium artisan for Zen, and it drops you a common... Like really, 5 dollars down the drain...