test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NEVER a purple artisan ???

Hi, I have a level 4 workshop, almost finished masterworks... but no purple artisans come in... WHY ?? Every day I check several times, but I find only bad white artisans, sometime blue ones, NEVER purple.
I tried to spend zen to buy some, but ever white ones...
How can I do to get some purple ones ???
Laksmi ---> splendid DC
Purple Knight ---> scoundrel TR
Surya Namaskar ---> strong GWF
Golia ---> fair GF
Nausicaa ---> dark SW
Pallyda ---> growing up OP

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Sounds like some really bad RNG. :( The purple ones are pretty rare.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Overall I do like the changes made with professions. However the hiring process is not logical. When you need workers, employers post wanted signs, you don't just wait for workers to knock on your door. The way this hiring process feels, Neverwinter must not have a lot of unemployed workers out there.

I know some players might feel this is for Cryptic to make money selling purple staff, in fact it is, but they need to make money or they can't afford to fix and maintain the hardware for this game or pay their people to work. I would probably recommend buying some from the zen store, however it looks to me like you don't get to pick or choose the profession. Also I have some purple workers (jewel crafting) and this one is too high on their commission and too slow on speed. So how does she help me?

My issue with purple quality is, they can be bad quality and have a skill set for an area you are not working. I won't invest AD or Zen for this reason into a grab bag of workers.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    Investing Zen is a waste as it is completely RNG. If your going to spend zen, it should be a purple or blue at minimum.

As for applications, I have seen 2 purples, but to be honest the blue or white tend to be better from a commision standpoint. Which in my opinion is backwards, purple is what you should want, but not get killed on commision of 200%.
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

Overall I do like the changes made with professions. However the hiring process is not logical. When you need workers, employers post wanted signs, you don't just wait for workers to knock on your door. The way this hiring process feels, Neverwinter must not have a lot of unemployed workers out there.

I know some players might feel this is for Cryptic to make money selling purple staff, in fact it is, but they need to make money or they can't afford to fix and maintain the hardware for this game or pay their people to work. I would probably recommend buying some from the zen store, however it looks to me like you don't get to pick or choose the profession. Also I have some purple workers (jewel crafting) and this one is too high on their commission and too slow on speed. So how does she help me?

My issue with purple quality is, they can be bad quality and have a skill set for an area you are not working. I won't invest AD or Zen for this reason into a grab bag of workers.

When you purchase an artisan recruitment order, you get the choose the profession. What you don't get to choose is the quality (or the specific artisan, which would be even better). I haven't purchased any recruitment orders for that exact reason either. I feel like we should be able to choose the specific artisan we want.

I have 9 characters and all have level 4 workshops. My wife has 8 characters and 4 have level 4 workshops. Most of these characters have yet to get the artisans they really want. What they do get is the same HAMSTERS applying over and over and over and over. Sometimes, the same idiot applies two or three times in a stack of 3 to 5 applications. Even worse is if you fire one awful artisan in order to accept one of the applications, then you usually end up just getting the same artisan you just fired instead of the one you actually want. For that reason, I leave at least one open position (and usually three open positions) so that I can hire the artisans I want when they finally apply. (And then I go and fire someone else that was always just taking up space in order to keep them out of the application stack.)

That's the other (main) problem with this "application process": If you don't hire the bad artisans in order to keep them out of the application stack, then you're almost guaranteed to never get the artisans you actually want. All my characters, except one, are at 24 of 27 total artisans. The one that isn't is at 14 and he focuses on tailoring, yet he hasn't had a tailor's application cross his desk in weeks now. And this problem of having to manipulate the applicant pool leads to the following knock-on problem....

You're almost forced to specialize each character into just one profession. If you don't, then you don't have enough employment spots to be able to manipulate the applicant pool in order to get the artisans you actually want. So while it's possible (in theory) to have one character hire a couple or three decent artisans from each profession, it's almost impossible to do this because you'll just get the bottom-of-the-barrel artisans applying over and over and over.

So I've knuckled-under, so to speak, and accepted that each character needs to specialize in one profession in order to get the really good artisans that I actually want. Of course, I've arrived at the point now where, other than my ranger miraculously getting an artificer application this morning, none of my characters have seen an application for an artisan in their chosen profession since early January.

What I wish we could do, at the least, is to specify that a character is only accepting applications for certain professions. If this means we would see fewer applications on our desk, I would be fine with that. It would mean that the signal:noise ratio has improved and I'm not wasting my time every day declining five to 10 applicants who aren't of the correct profession.
  • Options
    rishikesa#0564 rishikesa Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    I think we should buy artisans for zen, choosing the colour (white, blue or purple) at different prices. The actual system depends too much on luck, and not a lot of players could afford to have 9 characters with masterworks, and 9 lvl 4 workshops, and each character specialized in one specific profession... In my opinion, every character should be put in the condition of having the right artisans to work with.
    Laksmi ---> splendid DC
    Golia ---> fair GF
    Nausicaa ---> dark SW
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

I think we should buy artisans for zen, choosing the colour (white, blue or purple) at different prices. The actual system depends too much on luck, and not a lot of players could afford to have 9 characters with masterworks, and 9 lvl 4 workshops, and each character specialized in one specific profession... In my opinion, every character should be put in the condition of having the right artisans to work with.

Why do you think I was saying that I'm perfectly set up because my characters all have level 4 workshops? HAMSTER. Read what I wrote. Having level 4 workshops really hasn't helped. The only thing it does is extend the time between emptying the delivery box and letting me get more done. There's no need to attack me because I planned ahead and made sure that my characters were stocked up on crafting resources to trade in for Material Exchange Currency and laborers from the old profession system to turn in for Asset Exchange Currency. If you didn't plan ahead, that's no one's fault but yours.

Most of my post criticized the randomness of the new system. As for different prices for different qualities of artisan? LOL. Get real! Even the epic artisans aren't worth $5. Buying a recruitment order for $5 MIGHT - MAYBE - be worth it if we could choose the exact artisan we want. Unless and until that happens, they're not worth anything.
  • Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User

Why do you think I was saying that I'm perfectly set up because my characters all have level 4 workshops? HAMSTER. Read what I wrote. Having level 4 workshops really hasn't helped. The only thing it does is extend the time between emptying the delivery box and letting me get more done. There's no need to attack me because I planned ahead and made sure that my characters were stocked up on crafting resources to trade in for Material Exchange Currency and laborers from the old profession system to turn in for Asset Exchange Currency. If you didn't plan ahead, that's no one's fault but yours.

Most of my post criticized the randomness of the new system. As for different prices for different qualities of artisan? LOL. Get real! Even the epic artisans aren't worth $5. Buying a recruitment order for $5 MIGHT - MAYBE - be worth it if we could choose the exact artisan we want. Unless and until that happens, they're not worth anything.

@rishikesa#0564 wasn't talking about you, much less attacking you. Get off of your high horse!
  • Options
    rishikesa#0564 rishikesa Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    artifleur said:

OMISSIS

@rishikesa#0564 wasn't talking about you, much less attacking you. Get off of your high horse!
    Right ! I wasn't attacking anyone LOL
    Laksmi ---> splendid DC
    Golia ---> fair GF
    Nausicaa ---> dark SW
  • Options
    gigalens#6466 gigalens Member Posts: 113 Arc User

LOL where is the attack ? :)
    Rishikesa#0564 was just expressing an opinion without attacking or offending anyone.
  • Options
    pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    I really hate the new professions mod. I have tried doing it but I just loath it so much. I feel the flip from the old system to the new was a complete rip off and gave garbage for the old stuff, including the "chance" to get a good artist from a cert for turning in an actual good artist. In fact the whole labor aspect of it is complete garbage.

When it comes down to it, outside of combat I HATE RNG stuff. It rewards some with riches yet makes losers out of others who are trying to do all the right things and grind and spend zen, etc. When I go to the store, I don't want a %5 chance to pay 5$ for something, just tell me what the price is an I will pay that or not. Frankly it makes me hate the game when I have to refine something or try and get that epic artist.
  • Options
    duvaindessduvaindess Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    I had been working on workshop since day 1. My first toon is to rank 4 workshop with mostly blues/whites, but in some cases they are the ones I preferred to have. Karmela is a fixed to get purple that is way decent too. I only got application of purple 3 times so far and one of them was worthy to get.
    RP-wise:nobody wants to hire someone with high pay-roll and low skills. No wonder they keep applying to everyone of us.
This discussion has been closed.