test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PvE] Yojimbo Information

rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
edited February 2019 in PvE Discussion
So, we finally got Hanzo after Cryptic handled the copyright issues.
I wanted to see if Hanzo has any practicality, or if if he's just as useful as he was on Overwatch's launch. I tested the following and these are the results:

How does the damage buff work?

It works, but only stacks once (from my testing).

I attacked once with Crushing Surge, got 2782.4. Used the Wraps to activate the buff, then attacked with Surge again. Got 2893.7.
2893.7/2782.4 = 1.040001... which is pretty close, considering the rounding of ACT. Also notice that I got a few extra hits of self damage Wraps, but no extra damage from a subsequent Surge hit.

How does that Deflect thing work?

It works as described: if you take damage, Hanzo instantly teleports to your side and redirects 25% of that damage away. Not bad, but not something to rely on.

Does the companion die a lot compared to the Tiger?

Short answer was yes, this companion seems to like banzai charges.
I tried it in FBI's Turtle and as soon as the boss appeared, Hanzo practiced his quickdraw ... and took a swim. Apparently, Hanzo really wanted to commit ritual suicide for some reason.

The devs forgot that they fixed the suicidal companions nearly one year ago.
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10818654-patch-notes:-version:-nw.95.20180212a.3

Is the 10% debuff actually debuff?

The answer is: yes. Just take a look at the effectiveness column.

Does the debuff stack?

EDIT:
Yes.

(Picture credit to @ellareth).

It was brought to my attention by @ellareth that I made a mistake. I retried it after a bit and it turned out that the debuff does stack. Sorry for any misinformation spread on the part of my failures!

In short, it might be fun to see and be a change of pace from the Tiger, but the kamikaze nature makes this companion only slightly better than a Bronze Hanzo main.

If you do plan on using it, I'd recommend the Shimmerweave Swordknot +1 in place of the Electrum Necklace on the tiger.

Post edited by rjc9000 on

Comments

• Options
    gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6zQ6ZqEqg0

Seems to be fitting. In any case, doesn't seem to be BiS for anyone, really.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I don't think he's bis for anyone but some people are really sick of the tiger. good for them I guess.
  • Options
    vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    Any clue if it does increase Temporary HP from Templar's Wrath? Because if it does then it might be a good active companion (not summoned) for tankadins.

If someone has a non-bound Yojimbo you can copy your character to the preview server and give me Yojimbo there to test.

If you want to test yourself then remember that when you get hit (to proc Yojimbo's active bonus) you also proc Oath of Protection mechanic (which converts HP into Power and gives you more damage). This might lead you to believe that Yojimbo does increase Temp HP, but it's just a side effect of your own passive ability.

The best way to test is to let enemies hit you until you converted as much HP into Power as you can (which means Oath of Protection hit the cap). Then you use TW and see how much THP you have, do this test twice against the same enemies, one time with Yojimbo and the other without.
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Note:

I made a mistake, I just retried the test with one of my guildies at the behest of @ellareth .

Turns out that the debuff is unlocked at a certain rank (idk the rank, my retest involved two rank 35s). When I tried it with @blur#5900 , his Yojimbo as level 1 and mine Level 35.

This is what the effectiveness was during my retest.

(notice the 119.9% effectiveness. The higher effectiveness was due to my guildie using dread).

• Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6zQ6ZqEqg0

Seems to be fitting. In any case, doesn't seem to be BiS for anyone, really.

DCs could benefit from this if they want to run a different companion.
  • Options
    boghy89#1675 boghy89 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    The dmg buff when you take dmg dosent work either, the only thing i saw working was the +4% defclect chance
  • Options
    osu0148#5585 osu0148 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    > @boghy89#1675 said:
    > The dmg buff when you take dmg dosent work either, the only thing i saw working was the +4% defclect chance

It works. RJC showed it in the ACT log that it works. Where is your proof?
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    No need to bother... The Yohimbo has a seppuku obsession!
  • Options
    I was just checking my character stats, and on damage dealt percentage it didnt show up, and no icon on a buffs also
  • Options
    And his block ability is broken also he uses it all the time even when ur traveling with ur mount and take no dmg