test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thayan Book of the Dead

I just ran a random queue (and ended up in Master of the Hunt).

from the extra (bramble key) chest, I pulled a Thayan Book of the Dead (rank 1)- I was pleasantly surprised, but according to the Neverwinter wiki for this artifact, it drops from the Unearthed Lockbox, the Glorious Resurgence Lockbox and is also purchasable from the Zen Market..

Does any artifact from any lockbox have a small chance of dropping from any random dungeon/skirmish? or do only specific artifacts drop from a given dungeon? I believe I have gotten the Lantern of Revelation and a Lathander Cloak from Master of the Hunt before (I might be confusing it from some other dungeon though).

my other question was: this is the first time I have gotten the Thayan Book of the Dead - is it considered good anymore for any class build? Would it be good for a scourge warlock? I do not know which of my characters to equip it onto. ((I do not have any of the other set items)).

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    The wiki is managed by users. Hence, its knowledge is not exactly directly from the developer. Hence, incomplete.
    It has crit, armpen and AP gain. Hence, it can be used in any build depending on if those are the stat you need to improve.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    I and my wife use that artifact with Lacings of the Dead and Carcanet of the Dead on our warlocks.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    They changed the loot tables a few mods back so that things dropped from more places than when they were originally put into the game.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    greywynd said:

They changed the loot tables a few mods back so that things dropped from more places than when they were originally put into the game.

I can attest to this. I'm seeing rare random drops from things like mimic chests that are surprising - like greed Heart of Dragon artifact drops and purple quality RP drops.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Yeah I noticed a whole bunch of artifacts dropping from all sorts of dungeons and skirmish chests at the end. SOme nice surprises, then you check AH and realise they are worth 100AD. But still, some really nice arties so thank you Cryptic!
  • naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User

I and my wife use that artifact with Lacings of the Dead and Carcanet of the Dead on our warlocks.

The artifact set bonus for the book of the dead is terrible. You are better off with orcus on sw. The 5% bonus power translates to nothing basically. It isn't even considered base power for the classes that have power share (DC and OP).