test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Oppressor debuffs.

ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
Do these damage debuffs to enemies affect the party as well or do only you take less damage?

If so it's a pretty solid alternative to renegade. Less offense, more defense for the group.

Comments

• Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

Do these damage debuffs to enemies affect the party as well or do only you take less damage?

If so it's a pretty solid alternative to renegade. Less offense, more defense for the group.

Most groups don't care how much you can debuff enemies' damage output; it's all about killing them harder and faster.

Theoretically, reducing enemy damage could become more useful for some minimum ilvl parties, but even in that case I think you're like to be even more concerned with maximizing the damage you have.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    vorphied said:

ghoulz66 said:

Most groups don't care how much you can debuff enemies' damage output; it's all about killing them harder and faster.

Theoretically, reducing enemy damage could become more useful for some minimum ilvl parties, but even in that case I think you're like to be even more concerned with maximizing the damage you have.
    If the devs modify the game to have a soft/hard cap of buffs than we will start to see wider changes to group makeup utilizing a wider variety of debuffs. This would be very true if the soft/hard cap on buff is not that high and only requires one buffing type class to achieve the cap.

Using the CW as an example, if Chaotic Fury alone would reach that cap you can be for sure that other types of buffs or debuff would be sought after for group make up.

In the current game state, damage buffs > power sharing <> debuffs as power sharing has diminishing returns and debuffs have caps.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    I'm not even sure the debuffs are even working. Why is the CW taking abnormal amounts of large damage now? Barovia mobs are hitting way harder than before mod 15 went live.
  • Options
    ghoulz66 said:

I'm not even sure the debuffs are even working. Why is the CW taking abnormal amounts of large damage now? Barovia mobs are hitting way harder than before mod 15 went live.

I found Barovia to be to easy when it was launched, just like Omu. In fact, those zones are still easier than the River which launched over a year ago on consoles. The devs should definitely make those zones a bit harder than the River.

If you are having issues in the zone with plenty of mobs, try the old Oppressor AoE build, I'm sure for large mobs it would be work due to how it debuffs enemies with chill and provides a damage bonus based on chill stacks.

• Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

I have noticed this, too.

This goes for all squishier classes, but affected CW the most I think.

CR is one of the most specific places where it can occur, I can end up dying over 20x times despite having around 13-14K Def or intense healing in the group. Each hit, smallest one, insta death. I do not want to waste 20+ scrolls of life for each CR run.

I think that some patch affected the way HP's reduced on CW's. As I play with more AC, I can notice difference from before to now. I got back into Knotted Garbs as they give 14AC. It helps in some cases.

A regular rex in Soshenstar can now easily kill in one hit.

I do not think that this was intended, as I didn't see any mention of this in any patch...
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options

ghoulz66 said:

I have noticed this, too.

This goes for all squishier classes, but affected CW the most I think.

CR is one of the most specific places where it can occur, I can end up dying over 20x times despite having around 13-14K Def or intense healing in the group. Each hit, smallest one, insta death. I do not want to waste 20+ scrolls of life for each CR run.

I think that some patch affected the way HP's reduced on CW's. As I play with more AC, I can notice difference from before to now. I got back into Knotted Garbs as they give 14AC. It helps in some cases.

A regular rex in Soshenstar can now easily kill in one hit.

I do not think that this was intended, as I didn't see any mention of this in any patch...
    I recommend Armor of Quick Recovery over knotted garbs as it provides recovery and if you land critical hits it offers free spell twisting basically. It also has 14 AC though the HP on it is a bit lower due to the IL.

Hag Rag issue is the AC is on the low side reducing the CW DR when compared to Knotted or Armor of Quick; though 7 AC more should not really make or break you in those zones.

A good test is Fane; how is that for you? That boss can be a nightmare at times. I find that boss so easy now its not even funny whereas before at times it would be a bit frustrating.