test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Idea for Mythic mounts and legendary mounts

Good morning I propose mythic mounts to the have ability to fly and choose equip power.
Mythic mounts can also have the ability like sign post to travel anywhere. Legendary mounts could be sold on zen market in a rotating schedule.

Comments

• Options
    lucifer#4269 lucifer Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Uh....what? No such thing as mythic mounts and there won't be. Why? Because legendary mounts are pretty much the most coveted items in the game and a lot of people would be pissed if they spent 100¥ plus to get a lego mount and then they come out with a higher level.
    Lucifer, the light-bringer. Leading man to ruin and away from salvation since at least 1986!
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited January 2019

Uh....what? No such thing as mythic mounts and there won't be. Why? Because legendary mounts are pretty much the most coveted items in the game and a lot of people would be pissed if they spent 100¥ plus to get a lego mount and then they come out with a higher level.

Mythical mounts should be added to the game but not through a lockbox. It should be a major AD sink for players. I would do an auction on them with a buyout of 100M. I would make one of each type of the current legendary mounts we have with the following updates..

Equipped Powers: Increase base stats by 25% and anything that is a % stat item would get a 5% increase.

Combat power would be a 50% to whatever it currently offers. For example, Swarm would provide a 7.5% in damage buff, T-Rex would provide a 15% debuff, etc...

Movement Speed would 160%

Few other stipulations: Mount is bind to character once purchased through AH, account gets marked so that no other mytical mounts can be bought, and players who bought this will also get a title, Mythical Fool.

• Options
    gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User

Mythical mounts should be added to the game but not through a lockbox. It should be a major AD sink for players. I would do an auction on them with a buyout of 100M. I would make one of each type of the current legendary mounts we have with the following updates..

Equipped Powers: Increase base stats by 25% and anything that is a % stat item would get a 5% increase.

Combat power would be a 50% to whatever it currently offers. For example, Swarm would provide a 7.5% in damage buff, T-Rex would provide a 15% debuff, etc...

Movement Speed would 160%

Few other stipulations: Mount is bind to character once purchased through AH, account gets marked so that no other mytical mounts can be bought, and players who bought this will also get a title, Mythical Fool.

That would make the game massively pay to win though. Especially in such limited quantities, AND considering we now have a lot more AD sinks, and it's harder to earn AD, the top 0.1% that has masterworking going on would be able to get those, *maybe*.

Make it a craftable instead, but requires mats from all over the game, so it's a quest rather than a massive budgetary plan.

Or, make it so that you don't need any specific professions to do it or tools, but you need the mats and a legendary mount - Mythic is an upgrade of it. Basically, you get something for the 1% AND it doesn't just instantly lock everyone away who ain't rockin the wallet the size of Bill Gates', or has MW up the bum.

It could be an AD sink, it could be a thing that you can earn while grinding up to lvl 70... etc. Chase items like UES. Can be regulated easily via drop rate. And make every mount require one thing in common, and a lotta different things that you have to be super lucky to get, that involves grind that doesn't slow other progress down.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Pretty sure. Most players would oppose the idea completely. We simply do not need this in game. Leave it as is.
  • Options
    spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User

Pretty sure. Most players would oppose the idea completely. We simply do not need this in game. Leave it as is.

This!

• Options
    gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User

I'd like to have them, but instead of some additional DPS bonus, make it have some utility. QoL thing. EG replaces VIP signpost or just really high movement speed.
  • Options
    lucifer#4269 lucifer Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    I bought the only legendary mount I have. Bought zen, exchanged it for ad and got it off the ah. Only good for one character but oh well. Adding mythic mounts is totally unnecessary.
    Lucifer, the light-bringer. Leading man to ruin and away from salvation since at least 1986!
  • Options
    silvershard#4275 silvershard Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    I can see Insignia maybe getting shiny new ranks in future, but Mounts themselves?

It's not really needed. And while, of course, it's not necessary for something to be needed to be good for the game, I don't think it's particularly wanted either.
  • Options
    undepartedundeparted Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    So what you are proposing is to have flying mounts. I am more concerned about that aspect of your proposal than the rest.

You would want the devs., who already admitted that they can't write code, and have to have assigned code writers given over the budget, to make the whole NW world rewritten to be accessible to flying mounts.

I see so many problems and bugs in the aftermath of this, if they followed through on your suggestion.

Still... would be cool. :)
  • Options
    groo#6243 groo Member Posts: 98 Arc User

So what you are proposing is to have flying mounts. I am more concerned about that aspect of your proposal than the rest.

You would want the devs., who already admitted that they can't write code, and have to have assigned code writers given over the budget, to make the whole NW world rewritten to be accessible to flying mounts.

I see so many problems and bugs in the aftermath of this, if they followed through on your suggestion.

Still... would be cool. :)

Agreed. Whilst there are parts of NW that are pretty open, there are also more parts where you can only follow specific routes, even if the surrounding scenery would suggest otherwise. It would be illogical if a flying mount couldn't go in any direction, which would then require the devs to fill in the gaps (which, to be fair, being completely open-world would be a nice thing).

You could probably implement the "poor mans" version of a flying mount by taking things like the existing flying carpet and just allow it to travel a few feet higher. That would still restrict you to given routes, but would allow you to fly over the heads of mobs and other players and maybe remove falling damage. Not sure there would be a lot of point to that though apart from allowing you to skip fighting things, which is kind of 95% of what the game is about.
  • Options
    darthsutehk#4909 darthsutehk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Interesting ideas, what if they hover like groo said but have signpost ability.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    I want a mount that honors Monty Python where as you fake ride a mount and someone is behind you banging coconuts together. That would be IMO a legendary mount worth buying on all my characters.
  • Options
    sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    the idea of a mythic mount? great idea if enacted right
    meanin
    ok so ledge mounts uber rare in boxes.... make the mythic mounts..... uh UBER UBER UNBER rare in boxes lol (for lack of a better word lol)
    speed increase ledge mounts 140 right so make mythic 150 or 160
    as for the stat increases.... ledge mount usually giv smethin like 4000 or 2000 this 2000 that so mnake the mythic mounts 6000 or 3000 this an 3000 that
    as for the combat power lil bit trickier but still doable..... say like ledge rage drake does like smethin like 4k damage an 4k damage ocer time.... make the mythic rage drake 5 or 6k damage an 5 or 6k damage over time or the swarm increases by 7% instead of 5%
    dont need no special abilities (like the travel ability like signpost) nuttin special... no need for it
    just higher stats/combat power an increased uber rareness (an im tallkin like almost non existence rareness lol)