test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Vote kick not working

klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
edited January 2019 in Bug Reports (PC)
We are currently stuck in a TONG where we cannot kick a player who is actively harassing us by refusing to continue the dungeon.
The vote kick function does not work, we don't get any window to vote, no error message, nothing.
We cannot kick her out, and the only way out we have is to abandon the instance, but I'll be damned if I'll be punished for someone else toxic behavior.
All we could was recording the thing and reporting her for offensive behavior. I hope this will be looked into VERY SOON. Thanks.

P.S. I apologize for the music, it's not intended to be there, that's what I was listening to while recording. Windows 10 default recorder needs some fine tuning or changed settings I suppose...

Comments

• Options
    heavensake#5599 heavensake Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Happens way to often either at start 1 player will afk because they do not like the dungeon they got sent to. So then they waste 15 minutes then ask to be kicked rather than just leave right away and take the penalty. Yet with just 1 vote kick why waste it on this type of person when vote kick should be used for disconnects or rude people but should not just be granted for a player that did not want to run. There needs to be another option for them but sadly i have yet to find any Tar and Feathers in dungeons. But yeah if we could tar and feather them they would at least stand out some and after 2nd tarring they get 24 hour penalty :D

But yeah had the same thing in MSP a few days ago at last boss OP goes AFK right from start after he said he had to leave. But then we could not kick him had to wait for server to time him out took like 15/20 min just to get him out so we could finish.
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    The problem is that in our case, there was no server time to kick him out because he purposedly avoided the afk check by moving once every 10 minutes or so. It was active trolling on his part to prevent us from progressing.
    We stayed there more than 1 hour, but there was no way to remove him. At a certain point we just decided to all leave pretty much, so in the end, "he had it won" and the ones who took the punishment were us, not him. I suppose that's what broken mechanics (don't) do for you...